It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You want absolute proof the media is controlled?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Link

It was perhaps the fiercest media feud of the decade and by this year, their bosses had had enough. But it took a fellow television personality with a neutral perspective to help bring it to at least a temporary end.

At an off-the-record summit meeting for chief executives sponsored by Microsoft in mid-May, the PBS interviewer Charlie Rose asked Jeffrey Immelt, chairman of G.E., and his counterpart at the News Corporation, Rupert Murdoch, about the feud.

Really I dont know what else to say but, "there ya go." Both of these men are sold as newsmen and their networks sold as news networks, so what in the hell is this? The sponsors censor the newsmen?

vids.myspace.com...

[edit on 2-8-2009 by shug7272]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Tensions still simmer between the two networks, however, and staff members have been unwilling or unable to stop the strife altogether.This week, for instance, the Fox host Glenn Beck called Mr. Obama a racist, prompting rebukes on a number of MSNBC shows. But for now, the daily back and forth has quieted.

my god i want to effing barf all over the face of whomever wrote this piece of slimy tripe.

"oooh the networks are "at each other's throats" ... " .. give me a freaking break... BLAAAAARGG ..

i can't stand the world any more.

yes i understand the masonic baseline deception plan..
yeah it's the theatrics necessary to guide the idiot joe and jane toward whats better for them in the long run (yes conspiracy people it is.. once you get to the bottom)..

but i'm NOT part of creating it.. im a spectator ..seeing it for what it is..and this is my souls gut reaction.. it still makes me want to puke.
literally..

but i hold it back ..
and just .. wait..
for physiological change...

you've set up the circumstances so well... so ripe for reaping...
someday i'll turn tables...
some... day...

-

[edit on 2-8-2009 by prevenge]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Whaaaaaaaat?!?! Fox news -- biased -- unfair -- rigged -- BS?

Say it aint so. I thought they were fair and balanced! They even say they're fair and balanced, and a fair and balanced network wouldn't lie about something like that.

I hope you can follow my logic, like millions of other Americans. If you can't, then just go be successful doing something important in life. They don't need you smart people watching their network anyways!

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

You're right. It is irritating, but it is self-destructive to get too nauseated, because it distracts from what must get done. I say this as I momentarily get nauseated all the time. I have to consciously choose to forget it. Keep the faith brother.

Divide and conquer mindset: We pick the systems, two of them. You get to choose between the two. You then think you made the original choice. We pick the stories, the tunes to which you can dance. We even present 2 tunes, to give you variety. You then think you chose your own tune. Meanwhile, we dance to another tune, the tune of deception and division. We split that tune in half, and give you the leftovers. We put your 2 lower tunes together, and they form our harmonious tune, that tune of deception and division. We perpetuate the cycle of deception and division through as many cycles as possible, hoping you will not realize that this ugly harmony is the very reason for the repetition of cycles eating themselves, only to birth the same cycle again under a different name. Being a parasite is so glorious.

Edit: I think you indicated that you know it leads to what is better, even though it temporarily creates what is worse. Once division and deception are so manifestly obvious, and the cycles occur with such a frequency that people are aware of their only choice, then things will get better. It can't happen soon enough.

[edit on 2-8-2009 by orwellianunenlightenment]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I havent followed the mainstream news in years and I dont feel Im missing out on anything because of it. I follow the tech news because they are interesting to me. But the mainstream crap that gets peddled every day is completely worthless. Its like Jerry Springer News these days. Fake people with fake smiles reading pre-prepared news designed to create reactions in the viewer.

Dont watch it and you will notice how much better you feel.

[edit on 2-8-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
never mind that, all the media anyone is exposed to everyday is controlled by six major corporations, followed by their holdings/fields
-GENERAL ELECTRIC
-anything associated with nbc [tv and online]
military production [the a10 and others] universal studios and their brands, healthcare technologies, GE money, several infrastructure tech firms

-WALT DISNEY
-anything disney, abc, espn, a&e, several other channel brands, parks, some magazines etc...

-NEWS CORP
-all fox channels, over 120 channels internationally, over 150 newspapers,
fox film studios, myspace.com, an outdoor advertising firm

-TIME WARNER
-CW, HBO, Cartoon Network, Cinemax, TNT, CNN, TBS, etc..
AOL, ISP services, Warner Brother Studios, more than 150 magazines, several marketing businesses

-VIACOM
-MTV, Nickelodeon, BET, Paramount Pictures, and several other holdings

-CBS
-shared ownership over some channels with time warner [50%], about 140 radio stations, several book publishing firms, and other holdings

You can look up more of this information here, freepress.net.
Basically almost everything thing you see and hear on the tv, radio, newspaper, the internet, magazines, advertisements, and books are controlled by six major companies. Do I think there is a conspiracy there, no. Do I think its a plausible idea, sure. Bottom line is that this is the real reason your information is controlled.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by joe_dirt976

Nice post.

I happen to think there is a conspiracy.

Just look at how the MSM treated Ron Paul during the 2008 presidential debates. You can't tell me they don't have an agenda going on, when everybody smears the candidate that actually wants to change things up in Washington.

And there is always the famous Monsanto Fox News scandal.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
ha, well i had to review the definition of conspire which led me to change my stance on my opinion. Technically it is a conspiracy. Most of those six companies do cooperate together in some degree directly or indirectly to achieve a common goal. [ie: higher profit margins] best example would be the mpaa/ riaa where they cooperate together torwards their goal, which is to dominate the market of music/ movies.

It's sad really, because all of the "news" we all see is pretty much controlled, the freedom of the press is only a half truth. The US constitution does a really fine job at keeping government regulation out of the media for the most part, it does little or nothing to make sure the private sector maintains that right.

touche. you made me research you bastard some more!!! lol.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I hate television news for this reason, and others. News sources these days are not about relaying the information the public needs; they're about relaying (or outright making up) the information that will get people to pay attention, watch their sponser's ads, and boost the ratings.

The result, of course, is that they will spends loads of time on trivial garbage like celebrity news. Even worse than celebrity news is the inconsequential baloney that is related to political matters but is completely irrelevant and exists only to give people something to babble about in the lunch room or with their barbers (side note: be especially careful when disagreeing with your barber on touchy subjects).

new topics

top topics

join