It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will it take for you to Believe!? (God)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
1st of all, i don't like people who bump their post because no one takes interest in it within the first TEN MINUTES...

ALl it would take for me to believe in god is a physical manifestation of him (a woman wouldn't # up this world so badly).

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Why would you ask such a question if you are save by the grace of God through Christ Jesus. Do you not know his word and do you no know that you were chosen before the very foundation of this world was brough into being by his spoken word. What is the definition of God? The answer is near you but yet you can not see. Let me revil to you the answer. God is God becuase he has always been, only he us uncreated all else is created by him except the deformity of sin. If you believe, believe this that your new birth is a new creation and you have become a child made now in his likeness as you will inherit the Kingdom of his heaven, joint heirs with Christ. These fools that can not see are blind and many will remain so. God knows their hearts that they would believe a lie. The tribulation (soon to begin) will allow many to see and hear. Until that happens they will reamin blind so their is nothing that you can do outside of the will of the Father. Let the foolish remain as such for they are separate through out eternity from the love that could have saved them Islam is of the devil as so is Obama the rest.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
there is more evidence to support life on mars then there is evidence for a god.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by gaslaugh123
Let the foolish remain as such for they are separate through out eternity from the love that could have saved them Islam is of the devil as so is Obama the rest.

Proof why I have nothing but antipathy towards religion.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Religious fanaticism makes me feel sick. I wish people would just see that everyone has their faults and positive sides which is reflected in the whole of humanity. People have to accept the fact that things that happen are down to our choices, and the world around us. It's nothing to do with the Devil or God, and it doesn't even matter if there is such a thing. Only weak people blame all the problems of the world on some higher being.

Start accepting reality!!

You cause your own problems, and you succeed because of your own strengths and determination.

If there is a God I think it would agree with me that it gave us free will to make our own choices, and wouldn't hold it against us to constantly grovel and worship it.

The bible was written by no doubt a government trying to control a population, which was great thousands of years ago when people were like savages. It is now outdated and we as a whole are past it! We have intellect for a reason. If we weren't meant to progress and question everything like God for example, then why would this so called 'God' give us the ability to do so if it were so powerful and omnipotent???

God is history.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Melissa101

What will it take for you to BELIEVE?

A simple appearance from jesus would make a good start, followed by -

"Why do I find killing babies and slavery repugnant yet you don't ?"

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

ALl it would take for me to believe in god is a physical manifestation of him (a woman wouldn't # up this world so badly).

Somehow I can't imagine a woman god having girls stoned to death for not being virgins..

But there again, if the heavenly babe is related to the psychotic yahwehjesus then one wouldn't expect anything less.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

It would take the parting of the skies and giant booming voice to say:

"That's NOT what I meant"

That wouuld probably do it for me.

~Keeper

LOL I wet laughing at that, wanted to give you a star but there's not star button thingy, anyone know where it went ?

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

3. How many diety's? Too many to count but there is One God.

And that God is...?

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Oh dear, I feel likeI am banging my head against a brick wall.

Because it is difficult to understand?

Because the devil is the ruler of our current world he has penetrated the church and likes to keep us fighting over who is right because as long as we are fighting then he can go on about his business and distract people from God.

LOL, that is what most religions say. They all say that some kind of devil or evil being is keeping them away from their gods and goddesses.

You really think Christianity is unique?

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Why bother telling what it'd take for me to believe? The sarcastic ranks of "loving" Christians will tell me the folly of my ways, while flaunting the exact same things I desire in the first place.

So...

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I know what it will take, because the bible tells us what it will take.

Basically after the "Great Tribulation" breaks out there will be celestial phenomena, that this planet has never seen or been recorded in all of history. Since God is doing it earth wide all at the same time, it won't be attributed to natural causes either.

At this time people are going to know without a doubt God exists and is taking action, this is when all these atheists are going to be saying "OH ****! We were wrong", then they will curse God. And guess what happens next?

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

We all go to Chucky Cheese for Pizza and Games? Am I Close? Do I need to add a second line since this thread is now below Top Secret?

All Mighty can thoust spare some of thine tickets from thine Skeeball game? I hath a desire to get a plastic parachute action figure.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

Nope, the "Dust Zone"

Here is little line from Genesis "For dust you are and to dust you will return."

Maybe you have heard the saying "another one bites the dust"

You can listen to the song
Another one bites the dust (Queen)

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

That is actually kind of cool because in fact it is what I currently believe. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. I want to be cremated when I die. Back to the dust!

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Melissa,
Who or what is God? Creator of the universe and all life? And so this God created all this so that it can later judge the souls that live on the Earth?

Also, can you give some examples of religion benefiting humankind as a whole? Humankind as a whole, kind of an oxymoron because humankind can't be whole because it is divided by religions.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
God is indeed real and those flaming him will burn in the end. No doubt about it, no matter how hard they self validate and vindicate each other. Regret will wash over them like after a crime of passion. So be it.

Spoken like a true fundie

And people wonder why religion gets a bad rap- you can shove your god where the sun don't shine, I wouldnt believe in him if he was the last god on earth

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chovy
there is more evidence to support life on mars then there is evidence for a god.

Now that is a bit funny. It's like saying there is more evidence of trees than there is of forests.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I'll tell you why I know God is real. Because I don't believe we were a freak accident. We're on this planet for no reason? I don't think so! Nature is too beautiful to be a mistake. God is a wonderful artist... Then comes His problem child, Lucifer, who mixes the paint and smudges all the cool stuff.

I'd rather die believeing in God to find out He doesn't exist than to die not believing to find out He does exist. There's judgement for the latter.

Mind control through religion? That's what most denominations want from you. They want to scare you into believing. My belief.... God chooses His people in this lifetime. Only after the second resurrection will others have the opportunity to be of God's Kingdom.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Locoman8

I'll tell you why I know God is real. Because I don't believe we were a freak accident. We're on this planet for no reason? I don't think so! Nature is too beautiful to be a mistake. God is a wonderful artist...

So that's it ? that's all it takes for you to accept something, ?

Who exactly is claiming nature is a mistake ? I've meet to meet an evolutionist that claims nature is a freak accident, Darwin certainly didn't propose it.

Is a child that is born with a sever deformity a mistake or a thing of beauty created by a god ?

Then comes His problem child, Lucifer, who mixes the paint and smudges all the cool stuff.

So here we have a god, the creator of "everything" with a problem ?????

Where exactly did this problem come from, if god created "Everything"?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join