It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Family: The Secret Fundamentalism at the Heart of American Power

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   

The Family: The Secret Fundamentalism at the Heart of American Power

I just happened to hear about this on Bill Maher. Evidently, Mr Coe, is also the spiritual adviser to Senator Ensign and Sanford. They basically teach that these people in power are "Chosen" and that no matter what, even if Mr Coe had heard that any of them had violated children, he would not be worried by the news *because* they were "Chosen".

This is a serious religious conspiracy that people must be made aware of. This is on the level of scientology.

The Family: The Secret Fundamentalism at the Heart of American Power (Hardcover)

Wiki entry

[edit on 2-8-2009 by HunkaHunka]

[edit on 2-8-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
These leaders were chosen but chosen to work for Satan. They were chosen to fullfill the plan. This guy has the right idea just not the full monty. If they abuse children this is just a validation that they are working for the other side.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Melissa101

Just to be clear, they don't actually abuse children as far as I know, however that's the level of loyalty these spiritual advisers have to thier "chosen" ones.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

This is one of the most serious and valid conspiracies, yet it gets very little attention.

A "C Street" google search reveals but the tip of the iceberg ...

Thanks for starting this convo HH.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Isn't The Family, a modern name for the Illuminati? From many sources, including our former ATS member Hidden_Hand, we have heard the word bandied about. i will scrounge up some links to validate what i am talking about.

Hidden_Hand

and this would be Svali, an Illuminist who got sick of doing what she was doing

It truly is a sad day when one gets to hear about the Illuminated Ones on cable television, and might i add, our buddy Bill Maher himself is part of this "Family" Do a little bit of digging if you find that statement absurd, you will be unpleasantly surprised. There is a bit of truth to the whole Devils Horns hand sign.

As for those being *chosen* this also proves that the whole political paradigm we "enjoy" in this country is nothing more than a farce. Its a drama, but not even a good one as we see on Daytime Soap Operas. Its more like Professional wrestling, in that it really has no bounds with how fake it allows itself to look.That last bit i wrote seems convoluted, but i'm sure you good folks understand what i am saying.

Love and Peace

[edit on 2-8-2009 by M157yD4wn]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Thank you Schrodingers dog, for the suggestion.

And you were right. In the google news section, many current articles come up... for example:

The Washington Post

"That two fell doesn't prove that the house -- which has seen many members of Congress pass through and engage in Bible studies -- doesn't mean that the house has failed," said conservative columnist Cal Thomas, who once spoke to a group of interns at the house. "If that was the standard, the whole Congress would be corrupt."

The house's residents mostly adhere to a code of silence about the place, seldom discussing it publicly, lending an aura of mystery to what happens inside and a hint of conspiratorial speculation. In a town where everyone talks about everything, the residents have managed largely to keep such a refuge to themselves and their friends. On a street mostly occupied by Hill staffers and professionals in their 20s and early 30s, some of the Democratic staffers nicknamed it "the Prayer House." On summer evenings, the congressmen would sometimes sit out front smoking cigars and chatting, but what went on inside stayed inside.

The house, which is assessed at $1.84 million, is registered to a little-known organization called Youth With a Mission of Washington DC. Carver, who said his Fellowship group is affiliated with the house, said that he has never heard of Youth With a Mission of Washington DC and that he did not have a phone number for it. Later, he said, he spoke with someone who "at one time was involved with the house" and had "heard secondhand" that the organization that runs the house is "subscribing to the no-comment."

"They've done a very good job of creating an atmosphere as separated as it can possibly be from the tensions of the city . . . a spiritual retreat from the cacophony and distraction of Capitol Hill," said the Rev. Rob Schenck, who has attended prayer meetings at the house. "But I've questioned in the past the highly secretive nature of it. The secretive nature of it has come off as a bit too clever. It places them at risk of suspicion about their motives. It hasn't served them well."

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
It's weird because it's stories like this which make be want to take a second look at some of that crazy project camelot stuff

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
New vid on the Family, their sexual gaffes, their tax-free living quarters, their influence, senators using taxpayer cash to travel around and push the cult's Dominist theology, etc:

They study Hitler, Mao, and Bin Laden and are different from "the Rapture Christians" because they have concerns like "spiritual capitalism" and want to establish a global "Christian" world govt. before, they, believe, Jesus will return. Your senators and tax dollars at work, folks.

Here's an older but well-written and authoritative article on the group:

www.harpers.org...

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
This is one of the most appalling groups of which I have ever heard. It almost seems unreal, like something out of fiction, and yet it is all too real. I was shocked to learn about the far-reaching influence this organization wields. If their ideology isn't despicable enough, surely their illegal actions must allow for some sort of crackdown? But wait... even the Presidents acknowledge them at their Prayer Breakfasts.

Christian, Muslim, Jew, Atheist, Agnostic, whatever you may be, this should be a cause for concern to anyone with a lick of sense. How they have been allowed to maintain their operations for so long unchecked is astounding and sickening. This is a twisted cult playing a dangerous game, completely at odds with the founding principles of the US.

new topics

top topics

join