It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should UK 'Baby Machine' be Sterilised after 13 taken into care?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
How many posting on this thread are UK taxpayers? If you are not, I do not care what you think or say about this issue.

I am a UK taxpayer and the local authority or Government should have to power to prevent this kind of breeding. If that means getting a judge (and yes there should legal review) to authorise forced sterilisation then good.

And if people on this thread compare me to a Nazi - so what. Do my rights as a taxpayer and a citizen count for less that this couple's rights to breed and burden the state?

The very simple answer - No. Why, when there is huge pressure of government spending and the threat of cuts to health, schools, military and on, are my taxpayer Pounds being wasted. This family live on benefits. Why? What system have we allowed that encourages this?

Again, a simple answer. We fail to teach social responsability in our schools and too many people have grown up, expecting the state to provide.

When will a political party in the UK stand up and put policies before the British people and let us decide what kind of society we want.

I, certainly do not want a society that fails to act and as some posters have already stated, damage the lifes of so many children. Being human is able protecting those less able. What has this society done to protect the children born of this mother?

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Methinks the shallow end of the gene-pool needs another dash of chlorine

[edit on 2-8-2009 by Taikonaut]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Freedom ERP

Your name is Freedom yet you are advocating the goverment come in and start doing forced birth control????? This is just one person. Hardly a major effect on society.

Next thing you know you will be advocating only having one child, and then everyone have the females aborted.

As for those on welfare. I work in a welfare office. Many people who come in are seniors, disabled, are working and don't make enough to support their families. Many work very hard to try to find jobs.
There is not as much job protection for injured workers as you think.

Also, many people just have a hard time getting by mentally and socially. Not enough to be considered disabled or special, but enough that it really prohibits them from trying to find a job.

So the the racist, blanket stereotyping myth really needs to stop.

[edit on 2-8-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
When children are removed from the home the courts should require parents to make an honest effort to become better parents. Parenting classes and therapy should be what is imposed not sterilization. In cases like this where parents are blatantly negligent or simply refuse to comply they should be found to be abusively negligent and in contempt of court. Breeding like rabbits is not an honest effort.

I'm sorry but if you fail to care for your children you are either incompetent, drug dependent or willful. Society is more than willing to educate parents and give medical/financial support. Society should not repeatedly lend support to parents who continue destructive behavior and make no effort to improve. This should be considered a crime against society and the children. It amounts to fraud and abuse imo.

There are some parents who do loose their children due to ignorance, drugs or financial reasons they can be helped. It's all about intent imo. These parents have clearly been given 13 chances to grow a brain and have refused. What they impose on society aside look at what they are doing to these kids. These parents need to be held responsible for their choices.

If a neglectful parent fails to work within court ordered guidelines they should appear before a judge to explain why they failed. If parents have failed say 3 children and show up in court for a 4th that's it. The parents should be deemed willful or insane. If parents are given ample opportunity to change but refuse they should then be charged with abusive neglect and contempt of court, 1 count each charge per child or placed under court ordered psychiatric care. This should all be laid out to the parent before #4 shows up. I'm not a lawyer and certainly some will find problems with what I suggest but I think we can do better than what has happened in this case.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
This is easy.

Yes, she and her partenter should have been sterilized to maintain her freedom 9 children ago.

In doing so it should be noted by the judge so ordering it that it is an extraordinary circumstance and should not be considerd precedent.

However, at 37 and in poor health the end of her womb of terror is nigh.

[edit on 2009/8/2 by Aeons]

[edit on 2009/8/2 by Aeons]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Why, when there is huge pressure of government spending and the threat of cuts to health, schools, military and on, are my taxpayer Pounds being wasted. This family live on benefits. Why? What system have we allowed that encourages this?

Withy all respect neither of us know properly where taxpayers pounds are being wasted. A lot is going on corrupt politicians lining their pockets. More is going on corrupt 'wars'. I don't think that one woman is the cause or her 13 children. When bankers are still getting 20 million pounds in a bonus then there is something very sick going on. Moan about the system not the details. This woman was herself in care, and care homes need fixing if anyone is to come out of them even vaguely unharmed.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by oneclickaway

Therapy is leftist code for : lets make an excuse for an individuals irresponsibility since people are "slaves to a system", while so many others manage to succeed.

Face it, some people are losers.

Not all people are equal.

This woman and her overactive genitals are a drain on the system and need to be cut off from the public dime.

If she dies of starvation, consider it survival of the fittest.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
LOL....Well sunshine, even if you had the capacity (though I doubt it) to make millions...on a spiritual level with your views you will have failed, failed, failed...and at the end of the day that is all that matters and all you will be taking with you.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

What is your annual income just out of curiosity?

I'd like to know if you pay any taxes (actually pay, not have money withheld and then returned to you).

I've found its always those who pay nothing who think they know best on how to spend other peoples money.

I wouldnt be surprised if you fall into that category as well given your inane posts thus far.

People need to suffer the consequences of their irresponsible choices. Why some people cannot comprehend that is a true mystery.

[edit on 2-8-2009 by TheAftermath]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Too right I want my Government to come in and force birth control and this woman. What about my rights not to have my taxes wasted on on this woman. She has bred 13 children so far so the impact of society is huge, not just in the emotional costs to the children and those who bring them up, but the cost in pure money terms. Thanks to this women, millions of Pounds will be spend bring her children up that could with intervention, have been be spend on children who suffer from cancer for example.

But hey, her rights are more important. Guess what. They are not. This women should be stopped from breeding and if that means the State appears to be heavy handled. Tough

And this women is white, so no racist, blanket stereotyping to see here. Move along

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

So we just sit back and let the State be bankrupted and do nothing to change it. If you want to sit back. Your choice.

Not mine. There are things I can impact and change and hassling my MP over his Government handling of society policy that has led to this, lets him know that I do not find this acceptable and if we all hassled our MPs, things would change.

You have the ability to change things, but only if you want to make the effort.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
The woman needs to be put into an institution.
that way she can't have any more children, and she can get the therapy she needs. I think that she has given enough evidence to have her committed.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

So we just sit back and let the State be bankrupted and do nothing to change it. If you want to sit back. Your choice.

You seem to be getting mightily worked up over one woman, from a newspaper report where we don't know the facts or the background. You seem to have succumbed to the fear mongering and rabble rousing the papers are so good at. These people, these instances are not what bankrupts the country, it's the corruption of banks and financial institutions. The benefits paid out are a drop in the ocean compared.
I would like things changed too, but the opposite way. In an ideal world that woman would have had some help, some therapy. I am not sure how that could be enforced though. And maybe after two kids there should be no extra benefits.
But I would have to say that most on benefits are there for a good reason. And the benefits are pitiful for the law abiding person. The cheaters do not get caught. But if you were to get sick, or lose your job you may find it very hard to find another one. I doubt at that point you would feel everyone on benefits was a waster and a drain.
I would give people far more, as the pitiful amount most get is not even enough to live on. If you are hopeless and barely scraping by it is very hard to gain the self worth back to feel you can improve your situation. I would pay those caring for parents, partners with alzheimers, as it is a travesty they get hardly anything. If your partner became terminally ill you would get a tiny carers allowance and that would be all, as the terminally ill fall right through the net. I would give pensioners more. Don't bother saying the money doesn't exist, of course it does, it is just mismanaged, squandered on nonsense...and on stupid wars. Give people back their self worth and you will find them happier and more inclined to action. Make them hopeless and nothing changes. Also, once people are on benefits they are sometimes too scared to come off them, it's a vicious circle. You assume that everyone on benefits is a useless scrounger because that's what you read, it is not the case though.
This woman is actually a prime example of not being properly helped, they have just used the law to take her kids...one by one. Where is the help in stopping the situation occurring again? She is also a very extreme case...a rare case.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Oh yeah, sterilization is OK, just this one time>>>>WTF PEOPLE!!?!?!??!!
Maybe the problem is that this sick person is reacting to her situation...maybe if the government didn't get involved at all, she never would have had so many children.

Whoever says she should be sterilized, why don't you go ahead and line up to put your balls on the block? Doesn't sound good?
Why not?
Oh, you're not as bad as her right?
What if a bunch of people got together and said oh yeah we all agree, you're not fit...
Then what?
Slippery slope folks...
As disgusted as I am with this story, forced sterilization is not the answer.
If it is, then let's all call it quits, becasue someone out there is bound to think that YOU'RE the problem eventually.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAftermath

I hope you you find yourself sick, poor and alone.
And folks will look at and say:

"Face it, some people are losers.

Not all people are equal.

If he dies of starvation, consider it survival of the fittest"

And no Public resources are NOT very limited. Not in the U.K and not in the US.
We are talking about something as wonderful as children here

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by oneclickaway
She is also a very extreme case...a rare case.

I would tend to agree. I did non-emergency medical transport in the US. I took welfare moms to their doctors. A few had children in state custody. I was told when they were pregnant with their 3rd child they were offered a tubal at delivery. It would be paid for by the state. Most of the women opted to do this.

Imo this situation deserved a closer look long time ago. Idk seems like having a couple kids in state custody and continuing to have many more should send up a few red flags. Whether she's a drain on the system or not this isn't a healthy situation for all involved. This is abusive she is willing to risk the custody of her children in a battle of wills with the state. She says she'll keep giving birth until they let her keep one???? She is insane and needs help. If not then it's criminal and both should be prosecuted.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ubiqaf

Uh, if youre so concerned about the children, perhaps you should support action that would eliminate the possibility of this woman and others like her bring more children into the world and adding further abuse.

All people are not equal, no matter how much your little emotion based fantasyland says they are.

Public resources arent limited in the U.S.???????????

Getting into the whole economic situation with you would be a waste of time, but you do know we are TRILLIONS in debt already dont you?

How about you personally pay for the care of any further children this woman bears?

[edit on 2-8-2009 by TheAftermath]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Zot Twady

Ever happen to think people wouldnt be calling for her sterilization if she was responsible enough to care for her own kids and not rely on the taxpayer?

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAftermath

If she is mentally ill get her help.
If she is stubborn toss her off the dole.
If she is abusive to her kids she should have been dealt with 12 kids ago, as a criminal.

There are plenty of options, sterilization IS NOT one of them

However bring children into the world KNOWING they will have a genetic defect puts her into the Mentally ill/ Abusive to kids slot in my book.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

On page 1, i proposed mandating birth control injections for anyone wishing to be on any form of public assistance (tanf, welfare, food stamps, etc etc)

That leaves someone an option: temporary birth control until you can support any kids you may have in the future, or simply dont get a dime of taxpayer money.

Hows that sound?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join