It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming Update:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Global Warming Update:

newsbusters.org

The earth is now on the brink of entering another Ice Age, according to a large and compelling body of evidence from within the field of climate science. Many sources of data which provide our knowledge base of long-term climate change indicate that the warm, twelve thousand year-long Holocene period will rather soon be coming to an end, and then the earth will return to Ice Age conditions for the next 100,000 years.

Ice cores, ocean sediment cores, the geologic record, and studies of ancient plant and animal populations all demonstrate a regular cyclic pattern of Ice Age glacial maximums w
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nationalpost.com
blogs.reuters.com

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
well. this changes a bunch of stuff...
the earth is getting wetter... and the fresh water slowly flowing over the salt water freezes at a lower temperature so the inevitable is coming... not in my lifetime though...

my fear is that the world won't prepare for this in time... but my faith in humanity has been waning lately...

newsbusters.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
For over 100 years, people have been making bold predictions of imminent climate change, of both warming and cooling, whichever seems most convincing at the time. And each time, it's claimed that there is new science which proves it to be true.

I've got a list somewhere of the various scare stories through the decades, warming then cooling then warming then cooling etc. It's quite amusing really.

With the present cooling trend since 2002, there may be conflicting stories coming out now. But I think there's too much invested in AGW being a reality for any thing to change before the new 'kyoto treaty' meetings held in Copenhagen this Christmas.

But hey, maybe they've got it right this time. Maybe.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
naustradamas prodicted all of this and so far everthing iv read has come true. if things get worse im moving with the pinguins till it gets cold then go somewhere warm

top topics

join