It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science discovers that, indeed we may all be living in a Holographic Universe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Not sure this has been covered yet. Oops sorry if it has been .
But anyway I found this after reading a early Jan 2009 issue of New Scientist. I believe this discovery has big implacations in all areas of life and society in all understandings and applications as this has been a somewhat psuedo-science for so long

Holographic Universe: Discovery Could Herald New Era In Fundamental Physics ScienceDaily (Feb. 4, 2009) — Cardiff University researchers, who are part of a British-German team searching the depths of space to study gravitational waves, may have stumbled on one of the most important discoveries in physics, according to an American physicist.

Craig Hogan, a physicist at Fermilab Centre for Particle Astrophysics in Illinois is convinced that he has found proof in the data of the gravitational wave detector GEO600 of a holographic Universe – and that his ideas could explain mysterious noise in the detector data that has not been explained so far.

See full Article
www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Epsillion70

Wouldn't this be something is it's true? If the holograph were to fail what do you think we would see? Maybe just a blank white or black space like in that movie the matrix. No beginning no end wow!!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Maybe just a blank white or black space like in that movie the matrix. No beginning no end wow!!!!

That sounds great. Perfect. Very restful. Bring it

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
If you was to shrink yourself down in size far enough to where you could stand on the nucleus of an atom and look up what would you see besides electrons flying by? Would space in that perspective be like looking into our world or would it be dark just like when we look up at the night sky?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenton1234

Wouldn't this be something is it's true? If the holograph were to fail what do you think we would see?

I doubt it works like that, that is, it is not something that can be turned on and off. It is not a holodeck on the USS Humanity. Or maybe it is. Nah, it's not. Scientists, they seem to go through more trends than the fashion scene.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by kenton1234

Wouldn't this be something is it's true? If the holograph were to fail what do you think we would see? Maybe just a blank white or black space like in that movie the matrix. No beginning no end wow!!!!

More like the Blue Screen of Death.

Hit Ctrl+Alt+Del to Continue...

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Here's a youtube video explaining what a holographic universe is but if you ask me it seems like pseudoscience to me.

I assume that there is a physical reality because people can't walk through walls even if they believed it wasn't there,true it's existence is relayed as light spectrum,and electrical impulses.

On the other hand according to the video the brain(or as i say consciuosness) is actually stationary and creates limitations for itself.

I noted a direct reference to the soul in the video which i don't believe in and assume as consciousness.

but thats just my opinion still an interesting topic though.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I dont know if its a holographic universe or not, but I think it makes sense that we live in some kind of limited reality where we can only experience a subset of whats going on.

We have so much "strange" things (ghosts, remote viewing, ufo's, predictions and a hundred more things) that are considered fringe science. What if these things are the key to actually getting the full picture? It would make sense if it was, at least to me.

We constantly try to squeeze our observations into our ancient science and when it doesnt fit, we lose interest in it. Thats too bad. No progress will be made that way. All scientists that have brought human knowledge forward by large steps have done it by going against the stream. We should encourage that. Its the weirdos that bring us forward and the Paris Hilton's that keeps us occupied on non-important things.

[edit on 2-8-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I think they are full of crap and this is a vain attempt to hold their bullshat theories of warping space together.

Those detectors should have detected gravitational waves by now if Einstein's theories are correct.

They didn't.

Just a bunch of noise that they have no possible way of explaining. Scientists like to prattle on and make all manner of excuses as to why those detectors didn't find gravitational waves. But the bottom line is either they were committing blatant fraud by having those detectors built, or they truly thought they would detect gravitational waves according to their theories. Thus, either their theories are complete crap or they are committing blatant fraud. One of those must be true.

This is science grasping at straws to hold Einstein's failed theories together.

Total nonsense.

Plasma cosmology has the answers.

[edit on 2-8-2009 by mnemeth1]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Then again how can one explain the Rubber hand illusion trick.
If we are truly self- determined then the mind would not be slighted by this illusion etc

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Scientists have now shown that the hidden hand’s temperature drops during the illusion: its effects aren’t simply mental, but physical as well, and could even hint at as-yet-unknown processes of disease. Rubberhand "These findings show that the conscious sense of our physical self, and the physiological regulation of our physical self, are linked," write a team of researchers led by Oxford University’s G. Lorimer Mosely and Charles Spence. "In fact, our results suggest that the conscious sense of our physical self may actually contribute to its homeostatic regulation." At first, this may seem a retelling of mind-body linkage: embarrassment causes blushing, fear a burst of strength. But unlike those examples, these findings, published today in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, connect the body and awareness of the body. When participants in the study confused a rubber hand for their own, their hidden hands became half a degree colder. The effect was even more pronounced among people especially prone to the illusion. Localized body temperature malfunctions have been also been observed in people with schizophrenia, self-injuring tendencies or peripheral nerve damage. Such conditions have always been linked to central nervous sytem damage, write the researchers, but findings suggest a possible role for cognitive malfunctions. "It does seem like there are these connections, broadly speaking, between awareness and physiological changes," said Stephen Mitroff, a Duke University cognitive neuroscience who was not involved in the study. "Any time you can use illusion to tease apart what’s happening in non-illusory situations, it could tell you about what’s happening. It may be that they’re starting us down the path of looking at these other issues. If this can help, that would be great." Psychologically induced cooling of a specific body part caused by the illusory ownership of an artificial counterpart

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1Einstein's failed theories

Let's be clear on this, Einstein did not fail, the interpreters of his theory failed. Nowadays you can't bother a theoretical physicist to review new breakthroughs with GR because they were missed 90 years ago.

Plasma cosmology has the answers.

Yeah, right, now you're starting to sound like a car salesman. I have never found a GUT yet, and that is true for EUT. EUT might open quite a few doors and windows, perhaps radically transform the hard sciences and irreversibly change our world, but there will always be more questions and unexplained phenomena. The end, or GUT, will be an amalgam of all knowledge.

new topics

top topics

join