It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Todd and Sarah Palin to divorce

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Todd and Sarah Palin to divorce

alaskareport.com

AlaskaReport has learned this morning that Todd Palin and former Alaska governor Sarah Palin are to divorce. Multiple sources in Wasilla and Anchorage have confirmed the news.

A National Enquirer story exposing previous affairs on both sides led to a deterioration of their marriage and the stress from that led to Palin's resignation as governor of Alaska.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Altered thread title to reflect actual article headline.
Please review link: Breaking Alternative News guidelines

[edit on 8/1/2009 by maria_stardust]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Well well well, so much for christian family values. I wonder how many affairs will be exposed, and this is the best GOP could of came up with?

I wonder what kind of a spin will be put on this now, or will they blame someone else for putting the family "under pressure" and it caused them to drift apart?

alaskareport.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlegmi

Ok, first of all the title of the article is "Todd and Sarah Palin to divorce" and not "Miss "family values" Palin will divorce husband" which was your original thread title...

God knows I have many issues with Mrs. Palin and her beliefs, and have spoken up on many an occasion, but once again there's no need to throw her personal problems and family situation in her face in glee. She and her family are susceptible to the problems and issues the rest of society faces, including teenage pregnancy and divorce ...

Reveling in others' personal suffering and misfortune because you disagree with their politics and ideals is, well, lame.

[edit on 1 Aug 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

I can't wait for the inevitable pictures to hit the internet. I also can't wait for the inevitable sex tape. Finally Sarah Palin will have found her truly calling in life.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Many guys had admitted to be atracted to her. She can cook your moose for you pretty good I've heard. Hold on to your antlers boys.
She's in a rutt now.

I guess those people share like the eskimos? talk about rubbing her nose in it.

I gotta wonder how annoying she is in the bedroom if she doesn't shut the............up.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Lets see the details. It does appear something has happened, given her not wearing the wedding band lately and such. Too bad some here have to revel in the personal side of people when unfortunate things happen to others.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I just want to say I agree with you. I have never consider Palin a qualified presidential candidate and she seemingly went with the flow and got caught up in it.

The constant ridicule and putting down of a person that has done nothing to you is tasteless. What have you to gain but a few points on ATS.

Shame on everyone who finds normal human problems a reason for ridicule. There but for the grace of god go all of us.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlegmi

You failed to include this in your post

A National Enquirer story exposing previous affairs on both sides led to a deterioration of their marriage and the stress from that led to Palin's resignation as governor of Alaska last week.

OP's News Source

To anyone who was excited about the idea of Sarah Palin being suddenly single: Sorry. The former Alaska governor has no plans to divorce, insists a Palin spokeswoman, flatly denying Internet reports that the former Republican vice presidential candidate and her husband, Todd, are splitting up. Read more: www.nydailynews.com...

New York Daily News

How many times have we seen a political figure demonized by tptb. I don't know if this is the reason but we should all be more aware and a little less biased...only searching for the truth. That is what ATS is about.

As I was thinking about this story, another bible verse occurred to me. Though I am no longer a christian many verses ring true.

Let Him who hath no sin cast the first stone.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
just another manifestation of the hypocrisy of government. The christian hockey mom's been messin' around....is anyone surprised. there is nothing, i mean nothing, that isn't fair gaime to these people....allegedly, i'll admit.

I'm from canada, so we dont get bombarded by tabloids, however imo, it still takes a lot of evidence for a significant other to take steps regarding infidelity....i can see how dudes would wanna get with palin.. but at the same time, i can see how chicks would wanna get with the husband of palin...i just don't know if those rules still apply when people/publishers WILL lie about things to sell a couple of papers.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Now all we can do is pray that less people will support her and vote for her....

Please... please... please...

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I'm another person who thinks she has no business in the white house but do kinda like her just because she's such a character and has moxie. Hey, her family and their antics are a very representative slice of a lot of America like it or not.

If she would have gotten to Washington it looks like she just might have shown old Billie boy a thing or two about the executive wild thing.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

OH BS! Part of the problem with our country is we are too busy making excuses for everyone. This is just another example. Oh poor Sarah Palin she's just fallible like all of us rigth? WRONG! Nobody is perfect but not everyone is out there getting teenagers pregnant, allowing their son and daughters to do drugs, and cheating around on their spouse. What the hell is so bad about her life? She's a wealthy ex governor for crying out loud. Poor Palin! There are a lot worse off people than her that we should have sympathy for and make excuses for.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I am surprised at the news.

When she resigned I figured there was more behind it than she was telling, and maybe this divorce (if they're really going to split for good) was a major reason.

I definitely do not think she is presidential or vice-presidential material, but that's based on her qualifications and behavior as a candidate only.

It's hard to be in the public eye. Every fault is magnified. I think the Palins should be left alone to work this out together if they can. Unfortunately, the press and much of the public thrives on scandal and probably won't leave it alone.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   

It's nice to see I actually disagree with you pooch in ths case.

She sold her "family values" as a reason to get into the White house as the 2nd person in charge of your country...this is quite relevant, she isnt in that position due to a choice that was NOT hers, but others. So if she was the VP, would you all wish to know she was divorcing and that there were alleged affairs? She paraded her pregnant daughter and then shakcled boyfriend (who was a poor kid lets face) her downsyndrome child, husband who she wasn't that wedded to after all it seems....all of them were paraded as a "family values" farce.

The outing of her, I have no doubt is coming from within her own party and is the reason she resigned. We all knew she didnt resign for the reasons she listed (what where they anyway she was never quite clear...) and I have been waiting for the 'scandal' to come out. The resignation, the divorce the media release, was all timed to not relfect poorly on the republican party.
I would put money on her party knowing of the alleged affairs and divorce prior to her resignation.....

Something stinks in Wasilla.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
This story came out on August 1, today is September 1. In a month's time, nary a word about the Palin's divorcing. A bit of checking around clearly refutes this mud slinging post. The OP should have been smart enough to know this was not true, because had it been true, the Palin haters of ATS would have flooded the board with articles in the past month.

Those of you who seem to take such joy in a couple with small children divorcing are despicable.

BTW, I am not a big Palin fan.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I thought R. Yehoshua bar Yosef the Galilean Nazir (aka Jeeezuzz) said NO DIVORCE EVER...

So is this female a 'christian' who follows 'Jeezzzuzz' or is she not? Didn't the good Rebbe equate Divorce = Adultery? And didn't ADULTERY carry with it the Death penatly, you know, death by Stoning?

So......one wonders after she signs her papers, and formely trashes her religion, will they ever let her back into her 'church' so she can eat the flesh and drink the blood of her long dead Rabbi at that special table of his again, I wonder ?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm !!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

join