It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if I was TPTB, I would...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I was thinking, how does TPTB run the whole show; just how do they do it?
Then I thought, how would I do it?

So for the rest of this post I will play the character of one of TPTB, whomever or whatever it or they truly may be.

The media would be tightly controlled. I get final say on all content in my city. Every modern city on the planet is controlled by one of my kin.

Our most powerful tools are currency and the media. I tell my city what to buy, what's hot, what's on sale and what's going on in the outside world. I fix everything so that my coffers are always overflowing with capital. Every citizen is in our debt thanks to our cheap and easy credit.

My cohorts and I have meetings several times per year to resolve issues, discuss projects and plan new conquests.

Nothing gets in our way of anything we desire. We are never exposed thanks to the countless layers of businesses and minions.

Sometimes the peons do get too close to some form of independence or truth but we always resolve the inconvenience in our favor.

We use the internet to spread and increase our power over public opinion. Thanks to the internet we can quickly discover trends, ideas and opinions over vast populations across the globe and manipulate it to our whim and fancy.

Computers and minions also track the internet creating profiles of people based on sites they frequent, questions they answer and content viewed. The peons are being psycho analyzed and they don't even realize it. Serious trouble makers are dealt with in various ways and order is maintained.

We run all the secret agencies. All of them. We have perfected the art of death, deception and misdirection.

We erase dangerous ideas and information from the social collective. We manipulate written history in our favor.

We give people fascism disguised as democracy, what better way to control someone than by pretending they have a choice. There is no way out, we own everything and control everyone. We have since the very begging in one form or another.

[edit on 1-8-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Bravo, Star, and Flag. Sounds like you've got a very good handle........huh, maybe you are an insider??? ha ha ha

Don't forget to mention Insurance, and never letting your hand show.

There will be no real absolute show of force, if possible. Just slow ratcheting.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Very good post. But one could interpret this as not so much an insightful and accurate hypothetical; but merely a general statement of the obvious things that are actually going on. Sadly, critical analysis seems to be more and more of an anomaly. But good for you. You obviously 'get it' and I get you point - the best way to defeat your enemy is to understand how they think.

In keeping with your post inquiry, I would suggest that as a "TPTB" I would strive to segregate the population into three classes, as follows:

1. The Elite. These are the TPTB's themselves. Everyone must be indoctrinated into the belief that these people are the best, the smartest, etc. - including the TPTB'ers themselves. They are allowed to make the rules and break the rules but are never wrong. They know best. You, on the lower strata, should turn off all your lights and walk to work. Al Gore can fly around in a private jet and run the air-conditioners in his house 24/7 (even when he's not home) because he is better than you and don't you forget it!

2. The Gate-Keepers. These are the KGB agents, the camp guards, the mainstream media, the house n. They are treated better than the rabble and are expected to understand that they maintain their position because they support and defend the plantation masters. Therefore, they work hard to make sure the status quo is maintained - even if it means turning against their own morals, values and kin.

3. The Slaves. Keep them dumb and keep them occupied. That's basically all that's usually required. Stamp out the ones that show independent thinking or defiance. Surprisingly, the really dumb ones will even assist in suppressing the malcontents among them! This is because they will actually believe that they belong where they are and they have to follow the dictates of the Elites - or else.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by passenger

Spot On... Stars all around... Not much to add to both descriptions when combined.

shyeah, that's what I would do; if I was inhuman and diabolically evil.

Evil doesn't even recognize itself as such. So it goes with deception and being deceived. Listening to whispering voices in the head of the deranged, mentally unstable and chemically imbalanced. Then taking action and making it reality.

Is that icing?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
So your TPTB. I finished reading nineteen eighty four and everything fits so perfectly. From this post to turning on CNN or any other MSM. Makes me feel sick.

If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face— forever.

- Orwell

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucidclouds
So your TPTB. I finished reading nineteen eighty four and everything fits so perfectly. From this post ...

The OP is postulating a good question. The OP is NOT saying that they are "TPTB".

Again, one of the fundamentals of defeating your enemy is that you have to understand them; that is, understand how they think and that allows you to anticipate their actions. That is a key to victory.

Understanding your enemy allows you to preempt their moves and take action before it happens. Otherwise, you are simply reacting to their moves and that will ensure your defeat. Read Sun Tzu and the Five Rings.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by passenger

Originally posted by lucidclouds
So your TPTB. I finished reading nineteen eighty four and everything fits so perfectly. From this post ...

The OP is postulating a good question. The OP is NOT saying that they are "TPTB".

Again, one of the fundamentals of defeating your enemy is that you have to understand them; that is, understand how they think and that allows you to anticipate their actions. That is a key to victory.

Understanding your enemy allows you to preempt their moves and take action before it happens. Otherwise, you are simply reacting to their moves and that will ensure your defeat. Read Sun Tzu and the Five Rings.

Yeah I know that the OP is not the powers that be... LOL. All I was saying is that he or she(the OP) was hitting the point more closely than I have ever seen on a thread.

And it may have to do with me just finishing 1984.

Sun Tzu's art of war is one of the greatest i've ever read.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
if I was TPTB, I would...

Implement the United States Constitution on a global scale.

I would provide arms for every man woman and child. Now we are all equals.

All technical information and scientific data would be made available from all programs ever worked on by any Nation.

Within twenty years, A joint human mission will land on Mars.

Within ten years, we go back to the moon - And stay.

Mankind's destiny is in the stars.

But before all of that, I would round up everyone from the current PTB (maybe six thousand) and have them executed in secret. They would just disappear and the world would be a better place for it.

Feeding the hungry will be easier once I've got rid of the one's who've been causing the hunger. And if I ever get out of hand, I'd expect one of you lot to shoot me.

[edit on 2-8-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
If I was TPTB I would immediately release full disclosure to the entire planet.
Enough of this dipping a pinky toe in the Ice Water. Canon Ball it up bragh.
I want to see some Greys. Earth T.V. sucks. What is on the Orion network. I want to see some UFO races. I want to see a 18-parsec Kessel Run.

Our Powers that be are such scrubs. It is like a ant Queen.

There is a whole UNIVERSE out there that we could be doing war with and having exclusive trade routes with. Embargoing the Iranian sector and shooting Anti Matter Sector Busters into the North Korea Galaxy.

Signing peace accords with the Reptilians and then blitzkrieging them for their trilithiium crystal mines! Lets try and fire some Star Killer missiles as close to Eugene's Limit as we can so no counter measures can knock them out.

This is so LAME! Why do we get the NOOB TPTB? Can't we get some TPTB that have some freaking ambition?

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I am TPTB.
And I do nothing.
If one day you wish to be the powers that be, remember to do nothing.
Swallow that.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Assuming any one organization had the power to do that, of course, which they don't. But from Joe Blow's perspective they might as well; hence, conspiracy theories.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Geladinhu
I am TPTB.
And I do nothing.
Swallow that.

I could settle for that, but only after arming EVERYONE and implementing the US Constitution on a global scale.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Too much work for little repayment.
Why do it?

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Why do it?

Why not do it....

Really, why don't you want everyone to have the save freedoms as are enumerated in our Constitution and Bill of Rights?

And secondly, Why not make Everyone equal by Arming them?

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   

I would and will not do it because I have better things to do.
That would just be a waste of time. My time is short already.

Freedom is not something you can give, it is only something you can take away.
Rules and laws take freedom away.

Everyone is equal. If you give them guns, they will forget they are equal.
Power corrupts. And I am corrupted.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   

I would and will not do it because I have better things to do.
That would just be a waste of time. My time is short already.

There are no better things

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   

I am TPTB.
And I do nothing.
Swallow that.

I don't want to BeTPTB. I just want them to get off their lazy bunions and get the ball rolling for Kessel Runs! I want droids and No moons space stations. Man was I ever born in the wrong Millennium.

2009 sucks. Still rolling in Dinosaur Crap Fueled Rubber tree wheel having busted old bebops wagon trains that cannot get off the ground.

The only Kessel Run I do is to the BuyLow run on Wednesdays to buy a lotto ticket.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
You have far to much time on your hands warren me lad.

Don't forget, maintainence, Maintaining a system that only a few special members know how to play (stock market), in order to give you more power as each day goes by.
Don't forget to maintain a system where the rules change at any chance of failure (European legal system)
Don't forget to maintain a system where people respect you for allowing them to have shelter (mortgages)
Don't forget to maintain a system where people believe they live in a democracy (government bodies/partis)

If you do forget and let the power go to your head the people of this planet may just wake up and have the upper hand.

Don't forget.

new topics

top topics

join