It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeking 'Secret Societies' and Esoteric Knowledge?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
don't forget the golden dawn

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
In my opinion, the teacher is already there, surrounding you and informing you in public even, right out in the open. It is just that the student who is not ready yet can not hear it. The language is what you need to learn.

If you go to a foreign country people will be speaking all around you and you won't get any of it. You first need to learn the language. Then you can hear the people conversing on the streets and read the newspapers and the books and watch the television channels and listen to the radio stations and have a chance to comprehend.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Animal
Thanks. I have been tossing Fm around for months and this has defiantly swayed me.

It is often said that Masonry is a system of morality veiled in allegory and illustrated by symbols. And that's exactly why I joined. In the first degree, for instance, you're presented with a 24 inch ruler and told "The twenty-four-inch gauge is an instrument made use of by operative masons to measure and lay out their work; but we, as Free and Accepted Masons, are taught to make use of it for the more noble and glorious purpose of dividing our time. It being divided into twenty-four equal parts, is emblematical of the twenty-four hours of the day which we are taught to divide into three parts, whereby we find a portion for the service of God and the relief of a distressed worthy brother, a portion for our usual avocations, and a portion for refreshment and sleep."

Obviously you don't have to literally divide your day into 3 equal parts of 8 hours each, but it does remind you to live a balanced life, don't spend all of your time at your job' and give back to your community and your family. That resonated with me on a personal level. Maybe it wouldn't mean the same to you, but one of the other symbols might.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by THX-1138
In my opinion, the teacher is already there, surrounding you and informing you in public even, right out in the open. It is just that the student who is not ready yet can not hear it. The language is what you need to learn.

The teacher appears within one's own mindfulness. It really is no more complicated than that. Hmmm...one need not climb a mountain to climb a mountain!

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

While you are correct, and many esoteric masters have stated that one only need a full Tarot deck to discover the greatest secrets of life (referring to the symbology contained on the original deck, which is reputed to have been taken directly from the works of Hermes, with each card representing a page out of his book).

However, there are dozens of reports of the mysterious man who shows up to teach or inspire during a critical time. Often it is in relation to the Rosicrucians.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
what you have to know is this...

all those men in those societies, all societies for that matter are familiar with the real deal, and by that they know there is duality and so do we here. the only difference? they worship dark masters.

I was asked to join a lodge a few years ago by the head honcho a few years back when i was selling insurance in a call centre. After a few seconds with a "deep" dude like this guy we naturally go in the topic of life, good, evil. govt. you know.

at the end he says "yeah, come down sometime and i'll show you around" thats Verbatum folks.

These people have rituals, worship stuff, and their lodges are full of checkers and all we read about.

the more willing souls behind this power the greater they are, they WANT you to join. do you know how easy it is to join?

not for me, i follow the light, and i dont mean lucifer

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I would ask yourself, what are you looking for in a "secret society". There is much knowledge to be learned, but only if your intentions are pure.

Do you want to know "secrets", or do you want to know yourself and the laws of nature?

Do you crave secret and clandestine rituals, or are you seeking traditions passed down through generations?

Examine yourself before you examine the groups.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

And thank you for that, sir! Now I understand what the Georgia Guidestones reallly are. They're sort of like a Dilbert comic strip.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
"To whom much is given as much will be required.
There are those who want truly but do they really truly want.
If outer worldly perception is ones guide then blindness will surely be ones Master.
Those who simply are in the now and observe everything and anything around their own constellation in time and space are on the way in and out.
Trying to find knowledge is like the Caterpillar trying to find itself as a Butterfly. It just happens"

There ya go to the OP there is some Esoteric stuff.
If you want some real Topside esoterics then read up on the mystic G I Gurdijieff

[edit on 2-8-2009 by Epsillion70]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Epsillion70
"To whom much is given as much will be required.

Multiply? "As much" requires as much reinterpretation.

There are those who want truly but do they really truly want.

You mean gold from lead and iron? Fools!

If outer worldly perception is ones guide then blindness will surely be ones Master.

Bananas! Raise the potassium and the mosquitos viciously attack!

Those who simply are in the now and observe everything and anything around their own constellation in time and space are on the way in and out.

Oh gorsh, they must want me to read my horoscope.

"Trying to find knowledge is like the Caterpillar trying to find itself as a Butterfly. It just happens"

Yeah, I know that one, that's for sure. Taking stock as each milestone, say once a year, and I find myself going, "How the heck did I get here?"

Oh, well. Keep moving.

What a trip.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Tee hee I like those interpretations Oh wise Grasshopper you are indeed on the way 2 enlightenment Roflmao

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Animal

I would recommend looking into the Builders of the Adytum and/or the Franternitas Lvx Occulta.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Animal

Satanism is all about growth personal reflection and ataining the knowledge to become godlike urself. U need no asoteric society just a little knowledge from the gods

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Animal

I am a 32 Degree freemason, If you want to join the fraternity all you have to do is ask. No man is sought for initiation. Ask and you shall recieve, seek and you shall find, knock and it shall be opened unto you. All you have to do is ask. The only Degree you cannot ask for is the 33rd. This is given for outstanding service the the Scottish Rite of Freemasonry OR the fraternity as a whole. I was a curious soul as well. I didn't neccessarily find what I was "looking" for but found a brother hood that is just as beautiful but different then what I originally thought of. When I thought of Freemasonry I thought of the skull and bones kind of deal, not even close. Freemasonry teaches you things you already know like loving your neihbor as yourselve. That all mankind have the right to choose what GOD they want to believe in and that all religions sincerely try to achieve good. All that is required is that you DO believe in a GOD because a man without belief is in old freemason terminoligy an "Atheistic Fool". I enjoy my time with my brothers we meet once a month, have a good dinner and meeting. The philanthropic side of the fraternity is the best. There is no greater feeling then picking a family in your town whose children woulnd't have been able to have christmas or thanksgiving without your help. Know that children can walk because of our shrine hospitals. Its a beautiful thing knowing and realizing that GOD's purpose for all of us here on earth is to help and love one another and have compassion. It is a wonderful thing and an even more wonderful feeling.

Fraternally,
Robert

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by robbiek1021

I would have to agree with you there my Friend as there are those whose life commission is one of a Peace officer and I have taken that call as Jesus was miss quoted in saying in Matthew 22:14 For many are called, but few are chosen.
Instead it should read
" For many are called, but few LISTEN "
Think about if some one calls you? you either listen to them or ignore them yeah?
Bit of Gnostic understandings yeah

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Originally posted by zetamafia911
I'm almost certain that most the people that sign up on ATS are looking for the information that you mention; so you aren't alone

Everyone knows groups with true power exist behind the scenes.

It isn't power that they hide. It is knowledge. THe sacred knowledge of Nature.

check out www.truth-revelations.com
sacred knowledge

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by THX-1138

you are right, read on www.truth-revelations.com
for those who have eyes to see and ears to hear

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Absolutely a great book.

I recommend the Urantia Book as well.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I believe all the esoteric knowledge and mysteries of the universe are right in front of us to discover.

Freemasonry has helped me a bit on my journey but I have learned more from what the masonic lessons pointed me to research on my own.

Basically I think it can all be summed up as:

"As above, so below."

In other words, humans are immortal spiritual beings. Every day we see more and more evidence that we only know, and experience, a tiny fraction of what is actually around us.

Take 'dark matter' for example. For years the majority of the matter in the universe was 'missing'. It wasn't actually missing, we just couldn't see it.

And while all religions and mystery schools take different paths to get there, you will find some common characteristics among them all, namely:

1) There is a supreme, omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent original Creator of everything in the Universe. Whether it's a personality or simply a creative force almost all schools of thought have this conclusion.

2) Mankind has a dual nature. We are both spiritual and physical. (as above, so below).

3) The Spiritual part of Man survives mortal death to progress onward to some unknown but presumably marvelous destiny.

All of the great Teachers of mankind have said the same thing over and over. The truth is right there in front of you.

As humans we incarnate to learn one lesson that is more important than all others - To love one another.

In Freemasonry this is summed up as "The Brotherhood of Man, under the Fatherhood of God."

In Christianity it is summed up as "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "

Judaism - "Look now toward heaven and count the stars/So shall be your progeny."

Islam - "…God, the One and Only; God, the Eternal, Absolute; He begetteth not, nor is He begotten; And there is none like unto Him."

Buddhism - "There is a safe place in view of all, but difficult of approach, where there is no old age nor death, no pain nor disease. It is what is called Nirvâna, or freedom from pain, or perfection, which is in view of all; it is the safe, happy, and quiet place which the great sages reach. That is the eternal place, in view of all, but difficult of approach. Those sages who reach it are free from sorrows, they have put an end to the stream of existence. "

The need for 'secret societies' and 'mystery schools' has existed since the beginning of mankind. When those who seek power over others learn the powerful truth that all of us transcend death and our human existence, they try to control that knowledge and keep it from the common people.

This knowledge that no matter what happens on earth we will survive removes fear and doubt, and releases a sense of obligation to the temporal government.

Churches and governments rule by fear (hell, imprisonment, sanction). The impose requirements to attain "salvation" or reward. They limit and confine descriptions of God and hold immortality only for those few who fall in line and believe as prescribed.

The mystery schools leave it up to the individual to interpret the "truth" but through initiation and ritual they provide a symbolic path so that the "truth" can be discovered.

Hell is a human construct. There is no such place. This hell concept has held us in slavery to dogma for centuries.

In the end a person must take the lessons they have learned on this world and add that to their previous spiritual development.

If you set aside all doubt and fear for just a moment and consider that all the pain, suffering, evil and darkness of this world are only temporary... that death is not an end, but a change... that you will once again see and love those you have known in this life... That you will exist far beyond your earthly existence... and the Creative force that made you loves you and wants you to love others...

Well, something miraculous happens. Even if it's only for a moment, a human can glimpse a sense of calm and illumination. Money, disease, war, pain, illness, crime... though painful are all temporary.

Ultimately no man can hold dominion over you. No religion, no government, no secret society, no church.

The truth is that we are all endowed with free will and with (depending on your viewpoint) a fragment of "God" or spirit. Whether it's an energy pattern, some undiscovered particle or something that can't even be described or measured it can be felt.

So... after that long novel :-)... no matter how they try to guide or inform I believe all mystery schools and secret societies lead you to a similar belief - that we have a greater purpose than our mundane physical existence.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Animal
Is there a valid group that can be accessed by a individual like myself that would truly grant me access to such information.
[edit on 1-8-2009 by Animal]

We're here animal, didn't you know you allready accessed? pray and beg for wisdom! It will be granted. keep on knocking, doors will be opened to you. Hunger! Hunger for it! I know you do. rrrrrrrr, really hungry now. Oops, another insight sprouted again in my brain. I love this blessing. Good luck!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join