It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Seeking 'Secret Societies' and Esoteric Knowledge?

page: 1
4
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I am by nature a curious man.

I have for years sought out esoteric knowledge and thought.

I am also always interested in finding more.

I am curious what people here on ATS think about the pursuit of so called 'secret societies' (easy there mason's i know how you feel about this term) and their potential link to obtaining such knowledge.

Is there a valid group that can be accessed by a individual like myself that would truly grant me access to such information. I do not seek it for power or glory but rather for self-improvement and the improvement of the world around me.

There are of course the obvious options, groups such as the Free Masons, who can easily be found on the web and accessed in real life. But do these institutions really offer anything in value in regards to my pursuits? Is there in fact ANY such organization who I could petition that is of such value to me?

Thanks for humoring me.


[edit on 1-8-2009 by Animal]




posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Such societies you speak of are not sought out and found.

If they need you, they will find you.



posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by zetamafia911
Such societies you speak of are not sought out and found.

If they need you, they will find you.


Sigh, sadly I do not think I am what they are looking for, as much as I wish I was.

Basically, I hate your answer.


Thanks for sharing though.



posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I'm almost certain that most the people that sign up on ATS are looking for the information that you mention; so you aren't alone


Everyone knows groups with true power exist behind the scenes.



posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by zetamafia911
 


I not looking for power i am looking for knowledge.

BTW, poor bunny.



posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
remember cause:

"knowledge is power!" (just had to
)



posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I was the assistant to a chef who was a mason. I asked him about it all and he told me he was not allowed to tell me anything. I asked him if I could join and he told me, "If you have to ask, then you can't join." I now prefer the secret society that I created, anyway.
And he can't join.



posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
You could try to join the Rosicrucian´s ,that´s a good one.



posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Animal
 


You need to read "The Secret Teachings Of All Ages" by Manly P Hall. Considered widely to be the foremost volume encompassing the broadest scope of information about the Mysteries.

Out freaking standing book. A MUST read. You can find it for free on Scribd (the copy there has some type-o's, but common sense will guide you through them) You will discover quite a bit of information, and Kyred will understand why he was told:


"If you have to ask, then you can't join."


That is part and parcel, especially for the Masons and Rosicrucians.



posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by zetamafia911
I'm almost certain that most the people that sign up on ATS are looking for the information that you mention; so you aren't alone


Everyone knows groups with true power exist behind the scenes.



It isn't power that they hide. It is knowledge. THe sacred knowledge of Nature.



posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by rubyeyes
You could try to join the Rosicrucian´s ,that´s a good one.


Really? Do you have experience with them?

reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan
 


BFFT I'm looking at the book now on scribd. Based on the ToC it looks GREAT. Thanks for the heads up.



posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
When the student is ready the teacher will come.

At least that is what they say.



posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayouttheredude
When the student is ready the teacher will come.


I've herd that before. I believe at some point in history it was true. But based on the size of the human population and it's spread across the globe somehow I doubt it holds the same truth today.



posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Animal
 


I really cannot say enough good about it. I would also recommend:

"Isis Unveiled" by HP Blavatsky
"The Temple of Man" by Schwaller de Lubicz

Towards the end of the book you are reading it gives a formula to make the "Magical Elixir" (also known as the Philosophers Stone). Perhaps one day i will try it.



posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Animal

Originally posted by wayouttheredude
When the student is ready the teacher will come.


I've herd that before. I believe at some point in history it was true. But based on the size of the human population and it's spread across the globe somehow I doubt it holds the same truth today.


If it doesn't hold true, then i would be very suspicious. There is a reason it is secret. If you do the research, you will understand what i mean soon enough.



posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan
 


BFFT, I Love "The Temple of Man" and Schwaller de Lubicz in general. You have now confirmed my faith in you. Big fat 10-gallon hat off to you mate.



Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
If it doesn't hold true, then i would be very suspicious. There is a reason it is secret. If you do the research, you will understand what i mean soon enough.


Warning taken and appreciated.

[edit on 1-8-2009 by Animal]



posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Animal
 


The only other thing i can add right now is that there has been a reference to a book called "M" that was obtained by a European alchemist that seems to be a key to the knowledge. It was obtained in Syria, i believe...but i can't find any copies of this text. if you happen to come across it, please let me know.



posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
What makes you think you would be of interest to us?



posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Animal
There are of course the obvious options, groups such as the Free Masons, who can easily be found on the web and accessed in real life. But do these institutions really offer anything in value in regards to my pursuits? Is there in fact ANY such organization who I could petition that is of such value to me?
Speaking as a Freemason, I can say that there's no specific esoteric knowledge that you can learn in Masonry that you couldn't observe on your own in day to day life. That said, it does give you symbols, metaphors, and other devices for contemplation that may make you more aware of the answers that have been there all along. At least from my experience. (and read my sig...)



posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Originally posted by Animal
There are of course the obvious options, groups such as the Free Masons, who can easily be found on the web and accessed in real life. But do these institutions really offer anything in value in regards to my pursuits? Is there in fact ANY such organization who I could petition that is of such value to me?


Speaking as a Freemason, I can say that there's no specific esoteric knowledge that you can learn in Masonry that you couldn't observe on your own in day to day life.


Ah, truly a beautiful statement.


Originally posted by JoshNorton
That said, it does give you symbols, metaphors, and other devices for contemplation that may make you more aware of the answers that have been there all along. At least from my experience. (and read my sig...)


Thanks. I have been tossing Fm around for months and this has defiantly swayed me.



new topics

top topics



 
4
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join