It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO in 1347 AD spreading the Black Plague?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I stumbled across this site once a few months ago:
www.bibleufo.com...
Setting all religious discussion aside, it has a feature where they compiled UFO Reports from 45000 BC all the way to 1999 AD. These are amazing to read, because they tell short eye witness accounts of UFO's, most accounts reflect our descriptions of UFO's today.
But, one I found was alarming:

1347 Europe: Black Plague, 1347-50: Reports from this period feature strange cigarlike objects flying low through the sky and dispersing noxious mists. Soon after these objects passed by, plague would break out in that area. Other features from this period similar to modern UFO reports include sightings of mysterious MIB-like scythe-wielding "reapers" clad in black hoods & robes, and mysteriously slaughtered cattle and other animals. One year before an outbreak of plague, a "column of fire" was seen over the Pope's palace at Avignon. A monstrous "whale" was cast ashore at Egemont shortly before another plague outbreak, and numerous times during this period "rumblings like thunder" were heard even when there were no storms. Blazing "comets" were seen numerous times in the heavens - some of which may have been real celestial objects frightening an omen-crazy populace - of which numerous were said to be accompanied by "flames" (aurorae?) hanging low in the sky.

( www.bibleufo.com... )

Look closely at this line:

Reports from this period feature strange cigarlike objects flying low through the sky and dispersing noxious mists. Soon after these objects passed by, plague would break out in that area.

This to me is very shocking! Why have I not read ANYTHING about this in newer history text books? Do you think there could be a chance of something along these lines happening in the future? Do you think UFO's could spread disease? What do you think the "noxious mist" was? Any other thoughts?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Your theory is a possible one. I cannot claim further knowledge on the events of the Black Plague spreading from alien influence without further research, but I believe that the current explanation is the most solid one. The Black Plague spread fast and was as bad as it was due to the hygene of the time. It is common knowledge in current times that hygene is very important in keeping illness at bay, however back in these times they were still disposing of waste in the streets. This is the more rational of the two possibilities that I see now, however I cannot explain these cigar sgaped objects, assuming that they were not the invention of an active mind.

As for your further question, assuming that aliens were infact visiting our planet, and had done research on our physiology, then yes, I would assume that it would be quite possible for them to spread such a disease, manufactured or natural, to much of the world. I cannot see a clear motive for them having ever done this or ever doing this in the future, however.

In addition, you must remember that these people were very sick. In sickness, hollucinations are far more prevalent, as are nightmares, which could explain some other aspects of this story.

[edit on 1-8-2009 by juggernautze]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I, for one, would like to know what kind of a source they're drawing on, for this. They don't seem to cite and source, and the vast majority of these anecdotal 'sitings' of paranormal phenomenon from medieval and ancient times are extremely unreliable, and often quoted out of context by authors, which lead to situations where the anecdotes get changed slightly every time they're passed from one reference to another, until it doesn't remotely resemble the original tale, which generally, is fairly unimpressive overall.

It sounds pretty intriguing, but I can't really take it seriously without some idea of where the web site got the story from. Especially because of the 'grim reaper MIB' reports included. that sounds highly fanciful to me.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Were there even cigars in 1347? I thought the Native Americans introduced tobacco to the Europeans. Just wondering how these were called cigar shaped objects. Yeah, probably a modern interpretation of what was really written back then, if it was even written down. I'd like to view an orginal document on this claim. Speaking of claims, I can now say that there really is a spaghetti monster deity. I have the book, "The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Spaghetti Monster". So it must be true.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
hmm. the original texts probably said witches. witches on giant brooms making a sickness smoke as they flew over cursing all of the good christian people sleeping below. Those that stayed awake were clearly not GOOD christians. so they were the first to die or some such rubbish. lol. I always thought the first documented sitings were written in the Nuremberg broad sheets in the 1500's. Wellm the first before we learned more about the sumerians and egyptians. I dont care what anyone says. I believe the egyptians were visited. WHO ELSE COULD HAVE BROUGHT TO US THE KNOWLELDGE OF AAAALE???

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by stanlee

Ha ha! Great. Egyptians created ale. And all this time I thought it was Christian monks. lol. Yeh, witches on brooms, etc. I guess it all comes down to what the people of a certain time had in their vocabulary to use to describe things. Ezekial's Wheel. Jeeze the many different ways that artists have rendered this object, and all from the same written words! Of course, I believe my own painting is the most accurate.

Edited to add, I don't give a dang who invented ale, I am just glad they did.

[edit on 1-8-2009 by kyred]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by gatorboi117

YES i have read the very same thing about this plague, there was no diagnosis and it was unable to be treated this was totally different from the plague caused by rats.

i also read about the hooded figure that wielded some sort of device that spread this disease or what ever it was.thanks for reminding me of an interesting story.

this does deserve to be in the UFO section as strange beings and fiery towers where witnessed from what i recall,but what was the motive?

new topics

top topics

join