It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

bye bye fn fal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
This is a rant, plain and simple... nothing more, nothing less... for the sole purpose of just getting it out of my system least it festers and grows. I'm like that; if something bothers me, I just keep it in, and other bothers just build up onto it... by writing it out, it's like opening a steam vent.

So anyway, my rant... (and of course, keeping in mind the profanity issues)

!

I've been slowly saving up money to purchase a FN FAL, and was (stress the word was) at the point where within the next week or two I could purchase one. My wife did not know that I've been saving money... if she had, I wouldn't have had any to save; the way I see it, out of sight / out of mind, so no harm done. AND, with just literally saving my pocket change and "hiding" $25 a week (when possible, which wasn't all the time), there wasn't too much harm anywhere financially.

Earlier this week I had declared my intentions, and begun looking for a cheap local FFL holder. Well, guess what
-ing happened?

Oldest broke his leg in the first part of the week... followed by a brake job for one vehicle... and now, our second has died. Umm, second vehicle, our second child is just fine (whew).

My wife is sooooo thankful that I have extra money to pay for these things, that it won't be hurting us budget-wise.

If anyone has ever seen a FN FAL, and knows how much a good one costs, then you might appreciate just how long I've been saving for this. Yes, yes... I know that priorities come first, it's just that... GAAAAAH! Don't know if I should just scream and swear, or cry and swear.

Doesn't it just suck when
like this happens? And know what? If I hadn't said anything, then none of this would have happened!

[edit title]

[edit on 2009/8/1 by The Soothsayer]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by The Soothsayer

I love the rant on saving money for a special purchase only to have to spend it on unforeseen circumstances.

I also don't want to seem stupid here, but what is a FN FAL? I have been putting all kinds of words to those initials and nothing comes out right.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
A FN FAL is just a type of combat rifle. As taken from wiki...

The Fusil Automatique Léger (Light Automatic Rifle) or FAL is a 7.62x51 NATO self-loading, selective fire rifle produced by the Belgian armaments manufacturer Fabrique Nationale de Herstal (FN) during the Cold War, and adopted by many North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) countries.

en.wikipedia.org...

Don't think I can link a page with pricing or anything like that, but a good FAL site is DS Arms, for those interested.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
aaa man this **** sucks,i know what you mean,my love is calld g36k
i know priority comes first,but in the heard the dreams are first u know xD

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by The Soothsayer

I know exactly to what you refer Soothsayer. I too at one time had my eyes on a FN FAL Rifle but changed my mind because I did not want to stock up on another caliber to reload. I am already reloading 30.06 and other numerous calibers.

But it is indeed a fine rifle. A full sized battle rifle.

I spent about Three years saving for an Amateur Radio to go in my Truck
I could have put it on plastic but decided I could do it the olde fashioned way. No hurry. I slowly bought my particular antennas for my truck, made some others myself..all the time saving for a Yaesu FT 100D Radio. It came to some $800.00 plus dollars.

www.universal-radio.com...

Likewise a few other things or priorities got in the way and I was set back just as you spoke. I dont have the overhead with which you must contend but I have nonetheless had setbacks similar to which you speak.

Just be grateful that you had the capital saved up. You just have to begin over once more. Dont let anyone know you are doing this once again....no matter for what you are saving. Mums the word!! Hang in there ..dude. You will reach your goal.
Patience ...Grasshopper...Patience!!

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Damn that sucks , Why don't you get a CETME for now until you can afford what you want. I'm an AK GUY so luckily my Hobby Comes Cheap.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
CETME, huh? Never heard of it before... but I just checked it out, will have to look into it. Thanks!

And yes, a cheaper rifle would probably be easier; currently trying to find a worthwhile / good condition SKS for cheap.

new topics

top topics

join