It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can i join ottawa lodge when i come?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
i will come shortly to start a new life in ottawa,im 20 years old from bulgaria.
i have some skills i can be helpfull employee,my english level is good enough to live
without a problem.i will find a job very fast so i dont think my monthy subscribtion will be
a problem.
*i dont approve of masons in bulgaria,only mafiots are masons,and i dont find them "enlightent".
*i hope there are some masons here from canada that can help me with info on
how can i join your ranks,initiation,rules,taxes.
for me:
im open minded,good and enlightent,and its not just me,my family tree as a whole
is like that,we have futboll players,lawyers and actors in our family.
as far as i know im a man,im open minded and good,i believe in an entity,and i dont think i need to be from the richest family so i can join your ranks.
its not my first year on these forums,i belive theres people that know me and can say good things about me,and its not just now that i want to join,its from way back.
and now that im going to canada i can atleast join a group of really enlightent people.
as far as mooching,dont worry,my cousin family will support me the first weeks until i get stable.so anyone can help me?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Stillalive

Can I ask a question, if you dont want to answer just ignore it.

Why would you want to join anything? why would you want to give yourself up to a heirarchy? when your on step one, looking up and having to climb your way through other peoples ideals?

Find your own feet, walk your own path, dont look to other people to make you feel as though your part of something. Try looking next door or down the street, find people who are just like you and become friends, you'd owe them nothing and would never have to prove yourself to get into a position you feel comfortable with.

You want to be enlightened. Go out, look around you, make yourself the best you can be and be happy with it, you dont need someone else to pat you on the back and tell you, "Your good, your just not as good as the guy next to you, an hes no where near as good as me".

Masons, illuminati, governments, armies, churches even working to an extent. there all there to make you feel your ranked crap out of a big steaming pile.

Be yourself, id like you for it.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
i guess your right and i should be ashamed of thinking as a child...
still i guess ill learn new stuff and meet nice people,but i guess in canada everybody is nice,not like here in bulgaria where everyone is a jerk.
i should atleast give em a try,but your right that being a pard of the croud is not a real good thing

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

There is no shame and I didn't intend to make you think you where thinking like a child. My points may have gone on a bit to much but the idea was to make you think.

The whole world is full of jerks, but not all people are jerks, live around them and find your feet.

I wish you luck my friend, your young and have plenty to see, learn and do.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Well as a fellow Canadian welcome!

I'm sure you'll do just fine you seem on the ball enough.

We are a very hearty and warm people, although the bigger cities like Toronto or Ottawa can sometimes seem very cold. But I would not worry about it, there are plenty of bulgarians in Ottawa.

As far as the mason thing goes, keep your nose clear of these types of societies. You can find all the enlightment you need at the local market or cafe.

You will find no shortage of enlightened and intelligent people in Ottawa, I can certainly promise you that much.

I really hope you enjoy your stay!

~Keeper

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

I'm not sure why you want to be a mason? What do you know about them that makes you want to join with them?

That aside, my experiences tell me you will enjoy living in Canada. I have many Canadian friends, some who were once American citizens. I have traveled in Canada many times, but not lately. I only met one jerk in Canada during my travels. He didn't like me because I was an American. I told him I didn't like him, not because he was Canadian, but because he was a jerk, although my language was much more colorful than just "jerk".

I could most certainly enjoy living in Canada (Nova Scotia is my favorite province) but I wouldn't ask if I could join the Masons. They are too snobby. Besides, I have my own secret society that enlightens me.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
sorry for offtopic but my cousin who lives there always says im going to have
problems in the beggining with "being accepted" what does he mean?
how much do i have to live there and show my good side to get accepted?
like theyr going to look "cold" at me or something?

i though this thread is going to get stormed by masons being happy,but your good people explaining this way to me.
i guess i just though theyr a cool bunch of people who helped each other and everyone they can help...and they have certain privilegies,i guess i just want
to be a somebody..but i guess i should be happy with who i am
well see

[edit on 2-8-2009 by Stillalive]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Hey stillalive,

I am Canadian , and a Mason, but I wonder why you would want to be Mason here, if you feel so negatively about Masonry in your home Country of Bulgaria? I know 3 or 4 Bulgarians who are Masons here, and they have mixed feelings about their homeland. What is it about Canadian Masonry that appeals to you? I only ask because Masonry is the same World wide, and if your attitude is that Bulgarian Masonry is bad, then Canadian Masonry would be just as bad..

I would be happy to answer any questions you might have re Masonry in general.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
in our country most of the masons are just rich mafiots,and you have to be rich and evil to be one of them with connections.
as far as i know to be a mason you must be a man,u must affourd to pay a little taxes monthy,you must believe in a diety and you must be good,and recomended by a member.
i dont think i have to own a ferrari or have a hooker buisness to join.
so how is it really?
i think masons are nice but its too corupt and imposible to be a mason here...
what is your say?

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

You should have no problems in joining as long as you are a fine upstanding person.

Their is nothing in it which should interfere with your own daily avocations, if you do join and you find for whatever reason it's not for you then you don't need to go back and their will be no harm done.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by an1mal

Why would you want to join anything? why would you want to give yourself up to a heirarchy?

Masonry is a Direct Democracy, it's not a "Hierarchy" .. in the sense you mean anyways.

Every aspect of society is Hierarchy in nature.

As to the issue with Bulgaria, I believe it's a Bulgarian problem, not directly a Masonic one.

top topics

join