It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin goes to Bottom of ET Lake in Siberia

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Is it not strange that days after news comes out of Russian Navy encounters with ET's at Lake Baikal, that Prime Minister Putin goes to the bottom of this place in a sub???

www.russiatoday.com...

In one case in 1982 a group of military divers training at Baikal spotted a group of humanoid creatures dressed in silvery suits. The encounter happened at a depth of 50 meters, and the divers tried to catch the strangers. Three of the seven men died, while four others were severely injured

news.bbc.co.uk...

Vladimir Putin has dived to the bottom of the world's deepest lake in Siberia, aboard a mini-submarine

Mr Putin said it was a very special feeling and he had not seen anything like it before

The largely untouched lake bed contains deposits of clathrate hydrate - crystals packed with natural gas

Wonder what else he saw down there that was amazing?? It jusr makes you wonder how much these guys really know and what they get shown.

g.

[edit on 1-8-2009 by grantbeed]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
star, flag, and a bump. Excellent topic. That lake is really incredible. I've studied it in the past. It is unique because with it being over 5 miles deep it supports a high equatic life; at those great depths. Apparently it is highly/unusually oxigenated water.

Regarding Putin, I don't know. He's an avid outdoorsman, and he enjoys being in the sh*t; so I'm sure his visit to the lake could have held several possibilities.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

thanks!

Yes, I think Lake Baikal itself could make a great thread on its own. I imagine Putin would be definatley "in the know" with lots of secret stuff in Russia. It is quite random timing that a few days ago we here ET stories about the Lake, and now Putin is going down there.

Are the top dogs of government in contact with these ET's??

[edit on 1-8-2009 by grantbeed]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
It's the world's deepest lake. I've also heard that it's supposedly inhabited by "Nessie" like creatures. There's also a fault line that goes right through the lake. Btw, I've been swimming in that lake.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

its interesting that "nessie" is in one of the UK's deepest lakes too. Putin is a lucky man. That would have been a very exciting trip down there!!

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Wasn't there a thread on ATS not too long ago about huge circular indentations in the ice on this lake?

Here's the thread - Astronauts Spot Mysterious Ice Circles in World's Deepest Lake.

Maybe there is truly something ET related going on in the depths of this lake? Underwater base?

At the UFO press conference in Barcelona on the 24th of July, Bob Dean spoke about a UFO incident that happened in the 60's I think it was when he was working in the NATO war room. He said large numbers of circular discs appeared out of Russia, heading west over Europe.

Could it be there is some type of ET hangar down there?

[edit on 1/8/09 by dmorgan]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
There are many interesting accounts of strange things in the deepest of lakes and caverns around the world. It is great that Russia is declassifying some files, but like everyone else IMO they are still withholding the good stuff.

@Hellmutt: I have never heard about the "nessie creatures" in that lake. Can you link something for me?

What intrigues me is the account of the "battle" with the strange beings in silver suits. Not much is said about it. I mean what exactly happened, how did the divers die? There is a lot of decently based speculation on some type of subterranean civilization or at least base, IMO if true(which I think some of it is) then it is highly likely that there are many connecting entrances and exits throughout the world. Another strange case somewhat related is the Untersberg Mountain, as well as the whole Lake Vostok theory.

I know I would be very interested in some sonar readings and a sub trip to go down there.

EDIT to add: I wonder how this will work out if there truly is another presence in the lake(it is also the oldest lake, at 25 million years):

Since 1993, neutrino research has been conducted at the Baikal Deep Underwater Neutrino Telescope (BDUNT). The first part of NT-200, the detector NT-36 with 36 optical modules (OMs) at 3 short strings, was put into operation and took data up to March 1995. A 72-OMs array, NT-72, run in 1995–96. In 1996, it was replaced by the four-string array NT-96. Summed over 700 days effective life time, 320,000,000 muon events have been collected with NT-36, -72, -96. The first neutrino events have been selected. Since April 6, 1997, NT-144, a six-string array with 144 OMs, took data in Lake Baikal. NT-200 array is completed in April, 1998. The Baikal Neutrino Telescope NT-200 is being deployed in Lake Baikal, 3.6 kilometers (2.2 mi) from shore at a depth of 1.1 kilometers (0.68 mi). It consists of 192 optical modules (OMs).[20]

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 8/1/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08

@Hellmutt: I have never heard about the "nessie creatures" in that lake. Can you link something for me?

Sorry, but I've got no links on hand. Maybe you'll find something on Google? Some locals told me about it while I was there. And I remember that I was thinking about it while I was swimming. I was not really worried though, as it's a huge lake and I was not alone in the water.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
here is an interesting link from last year. It seems the Lake has had much Scientific study done at huge costs. -

Lake Baikal’s estimated age is around 25-30 million years

Baikal has around 100,000 Nerpa seals,the only seal found in fresh water lake. How these seals reached this lake is still a mystery

They also will plant a small pyramid bearing the Russian flag in the lake bed

Research will include tectonic information-gathering, exploration for archeological artifacts, exploring the unique lake’s ecosystem including its self-regulation processes and traces of oil and gas hydrates

www.marinebuzz.com...

Interesting it says "archeological artifacts" and "plant a small pyramid" ???

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I am glad you posted this thread since I am a new member, yes it is very odd and I am convinced something is up.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
"However, as he emerged after the dive, Mr Putin quickly played down reporters' suggestions that his next challenge would be to travel in space.

"There is enough work on earth," he said. "

Meet the aliens underwater, now he wants to meet them in space.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Just a thought, but...
Has anyone ever thrown a snowball into a frozen pond?
If the Ice is thin enough, it shatters and breaks up, along the entry path of the snowball.
The snowball then comes to a halt, and when the water around it re-freezes, there is always a thinner, clearer "ring" of ice around it. Partly because the new ice forming isn't as thick, and partly because the motion of the water around the snowball prevents the Ice from forming so well.

Now, I'm not suggesting that image 30 is a 5km wide snowball!!
But what if a large spherical object crashed from the North side of the lake, into the Ice, then came to a stop? Wouldn't it break up the ice, as seen in the photo, and wouldn't the ice then try to re-form around the object, creating a circular pattern of thinner (clearer) ice? (As in the above photo 30)

... just a thought!!!
G

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by dmorgan

Well, it's obvious that something round and huge went into that lake and
smashed the ice.

Ice doesn't look like that if it's simply thawing out...something big went through it.

The question is...what?

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Erhm, that is in my opinion not obvious at all. Something from below the surface could have made the ice melt, something like a gas bubble or a ring of gas? Maybe your idea is more likely and probable, but never say something is obvious.

Thanks for the topic!

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
It was reported on this www.abovetopsecret.com... thread and the source article was translated by me. Enjoy.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
whatever it was, i think theres more to Lake Baikal than meets the eye. Interesting comments by Putin about needing to work more on Earth before going to space too.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
It is certainly an interesting coincidence, but the methane clathrates have been drawing a lot of attention and research recently. They are seen as a viable aalternative to coal as a short term solution with half the CO2 emissions. That is if they can be extracted safely.

I think this could go either way given Russia relying on energy exports to keep it's economy going.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

It's sad how the PTB have split up the world as a whole. Russia has some amazing ancient ruins......... We just don't get to hear about most of the time.

From all the ET space stuff I've read, the russians have more the inside line on ET's, and the space race.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I have to accept the scientists conclusion that a release of the frozen methane at the bottom of the lake caused the ring and the fracturing in the ice. It makes perfect sense of the cracking and the ring.

It does beg the question what melted the frozen methane under the ring?
Another question it opens is why a ring that large? Did the methane rise around the outer edges of something hot and circular beneath the ice?

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanchoearlyjones
star, flag, and a bump. Excellent topic. That lake is really incredible. I've studied it in the past. It is unique because with it being over 5 miles deep it supports a high equatic life; at those great depths. Apparently it is highly/unusually oxigenated water.

It IS the deepest know lake however it's depth is a little over a mile, not 5 miles.

Vas

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join