It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US troops now a 'coalition of one' in Iraq

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
The CIA was obviously under British control and didn't come back under American control until May 2006 with the appointment of Michael Hayden.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Floating thru Reality

It would seem, the OP has his head so far up his backside, he comes out with allthis tripe about another country.

Oh Everyone in the World knows who Helped the taliban/ AlQuaeda.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by IDK88

History will always remember this as the generation of the strongest men in the world and that they were Americans.

History will remember this as the generation of the most corrupt people in the World and that they were Americans.

A humourous but related aside:

In 1945, the 2nd New Zealand Division fought a costly street-by-street battle against the retreating German army to take the city of Trieste, in northern Italy. Once the city was secured, the Americans decided a victory parade was in order, to be headed by the elite US Marines. It was pointed out that the Americans had arrived after the battle had finished and that the fighting had been done by the New Zealanders. The Italian Campaign was nevertheless being run by the US Army command and the parade went ahead as planned. In front came the US Marines, with a large banner bearing their emblem and the words "US Marines. Second to None." Behind them marched the New Zealanders, carrying a large sheet on which was written the word "None".

lol:

Source: New Zealand Listener, August 1-7 2009 (the Humour Issue). p18.:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by IDK88
"Who do you think is arming the Taliban and other militants anyway...the same people who have always been."

Before they were the Taliban they were called the mujahideen and it was America(C.I.A.) that armed them. I talked with my cousin stationed in Afghanistan last week and according to him not one American soldier he has talked with wants to be there. There is more Heroin and Marijanna on the streets now than there ever was under the Taliban. And the afghan people hate and despise the Americans. And once again we are in Afghanistan because of thier resources. There is a brand new oil pipeline running up from the caspian sea with American soldiers guarding it. If Afghanistans major resource was carrots instead of oil we would not be there.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

Sorry aorAki but you and many of the other posters on this thread have it entirely backwards. The rest of the world and especially Europe has it far ahead of American in being among the most corrupt in the world.

I recall reading about Lloyd George coming out of the Versaille Peace Treaty and being asked by a reporter as to what had been accomplished that day at Versaille. Lloyd George's quote was that " We have signed the treaty which guarantees war in twenty years."
Lloyd George called it pretty much down to the year.

THe amount of double dealing and backroom agreements which went on at the peace treaty and the 14 points of Woodrow Wilson were reduced to some eight points ...and the reparations on the Axis powers by the FRench and British were to guarantee war in twenty years.

Corruption. You can see this in almost all of the dealings in European history going back to the 1000 AD dealings and the wars..right down to the famous Opium Wars...in which the Crown backed by the British Government were sponsoring Opium and forcing it on the Chinese for profit.

Do not attempt to school us on corruption....the rest of the world has a far longer pedigree on and in corruption than do we here in America.

As to the Marines in Trieste..I think you need to read your history much closer. Marines in Europe were and still are mostly on Embassy duty. Almost all of the Marines in WW2 were engaged in the Pacific War Theater.
This is known informations. THe US Army was involved all over the European War Theater. I could see that falsehood about the article right away. What I do find interesting is that most Americans are so poor on their history that they did not catch it themselves...indicating a poor grasp of history and facts. American Public Schooling and a television education standard are failing us here..making it easy for such as you to get over on what appears to be good nonsense....but is not.
Americans need to be smarter than this ..but they are not and it is costing them to nonsense like posted here.

I will say it again...Europe has a longer pedigree and history of corruption than we ever had or will have. Many here in posts like this are counting on and it will work...against most Americans as so many of us know so little history ..even our own history. We should be smarter than that but we are not.

Now just for you IDK88. Americans are some of the dumbest most patriotic predictable dummies I have ever seen. They are just more stiff necked than most European Sheep.

Americans are not the kind to take naturally to the concept of

"Yes Governor....Yes Governor. By your leave my Lord.??"

This concept is an anathema to Americans. It is however what is being attempted to be taught in our public schools and across our television sets where most of us get our educations and views of the world.

Watch carefully as history transpires in front of you in the next few years.
Someone out here is trying to run a bypass on most Americans to make us into Englishmen. THe very public programs being run in England are being attempted to be run here..all the social programs as well as health programs. These very programs are Ruining the economy of England to this very day and time. WE are not Englishmen here!!

They are trying to bring in the "Yes Governor"programs "By your leave my Lord."

America has been doing the dirty work for the Crown's profits since the Boxer Rebellion in the late 1800s.

We know this because only Americans can afford to go to war over and over and over...expend billions on war materials and then rebuilding these nations at public expense ...yet bring home no real spoils of war.

To the victors go the spoils is the dogma.

We are actually the losers in these wars...we do foot the bills but no real spoils or territories. Only Americans can be that naturally stupid they dont get it. WE are obviously fighting someone else's war/wars.

If we went into Iraq for the oil..oil would in fact be much cheaper here in the states and never would it have reached some $4.00 plus in price. If we had taken the Iraqi oil as some had expressed we would be sitting in oil up to our necks now and the prices would reflect that.

Now ..if we had captured the oil fields ...put in a new government ...and then rebuilt the Iraqi economic infrastructure at taxpayer expense...and brought Iraq into the 21st century in critical technology areas...just like we did in Vietnam....But kept most of the oil off the market...we would see the results we see today..with the resulting gas prices.

I think that we went into Iraq to stop Saddam Hussein from rocking the oil markets..by selling oil as an independent...thus threatening the monopoly of the big oil producers..including those in the Crown. I think this was called the "oil for food program."
Like the drug market and diamond market.... .the oil market is a closed shop...no independents allowed.

I also think that at sometime in the future ..Iraq will be put into storage by allowing a anti American Government to control the country ...just as was done in Vietnam when the communists took over.

All of Vietnam went into storage..unto today to keep the oil discovered there off the market..after we had brought the country into the 20th century in technology and at taxpayer expense of course. A Vietnamese Marshall Plan. Communism is the perfect tool to put a whole country in storage and the resources off the market. Communism also guarantees that your competitors dont move in an take your goodies. Communism also guarantees that no progress happens economically unless you deem it so and come in and update these 20th century systems with 21st century systems. A perfect template for putting a whole country and its resources in storage and off the marketplace.

Radical Anti American Islam is also the perfect tool to do the very same thing and guarantee that a nations resources remain in storage...and off the market ..thus regulating prices. No economic progress will happen under such a government unless special secret deals are made...just like in Vietnam ..to bring in the latest technology.

It is about oil but not in the way most people think. American and non American.

I have known about the Caspian Sea oil for over 5 years now and the attempts to build a pipeline overland down to the Indian Ocean. I take it it has been successful. Yes I can believe that US military guard this pipeline just like the Foreign Legion was used to guard the Moroccan oil pipelines.
Nothing new here.

Americans and the American Government are the lap dogs for international corporations and banks who make loans to these corporations for profit. Lapdogs also for the insurance companies who insure these massive loans. Many of these corporations are not even American Companies. It is we who do the dirty work and bleed for these companies just as the French La Grande Armee..used to bleed for the Crown's profits until the trenches of WW! when the French Army went on strike.
This is what brought in the USA into the war...for the British and the Crown ..when the French Army went on strike. You have to dig very hard to find out this informations.

My question is ..when America falls economically..just like the UK..who will become the lap dog for these financial companies..invested in world dominion?? Who will do the bleeding for them?? Think long and hard on this one.

Americans are not that bright..but what you need to know IDK88..is that most of the rest of the world is not that bright either....while they point fingers.
Learn some real history...it is such a poorly taught subject in public schools...not by accident ..but deliberately done.

I dont usually bother to listen to or post on such nonsense by people in Europe or especially the UK...or down under ...when they point fingers.
They are great on blaming others for their shortcomings ...while disregarding alot of what history speaks on certain topics.
When I've had enough I speak out. I dont take second seat by default to such nonsense.

Europe is one of the most corrupt continents on this earth..with a long pedigree of wars killing..outright murder of wholesale populations. Double and triple dealing. They are often found in posts like this pointing fingers..and counting on us not knowing much history...in this they would be quite correct. Most Americans are actually that stupid. But not all of us.
They are all for pointing fingers..until they are in trouble..then they want someone else to carry the water for them.

I have very little respect for the English Crown...for they are selling the UK down the drain in every aspect and attempting to foist this same wasteful parasitic template off on us here in America.

Bewarned IDK88.

Orangetom

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Well as a Canadian I have no real voice in the 'bad America' topic, except to say the war in Iraq was not really necesary as they A. never found WMD and B. The insurgents comming into Afgan from Iraq, was blamed way to quickly on or the American government just wanted to kill Saddam. (which by the way was the original reason why the Americans went to war in the first place (due to the Taliban - remember them? and Osama doing thier worst)) Either way they went into Iraq claiming insurgents or WMD, then found that there was no WMD and that Iran was the culprit of the insurgents. Both ways there was no real need to be in Iraq if they were fighting to kill Osama and his croonies. Now that Iraq is over with, they will be moving thier troops into Afgan for a while, until they can say that Iran has WMD (which they have started the propaganda for with the whole Iran after nuclear arms BS) (just like when Saddam was 'after nuclear arms' and WMDs). WOW sounds like deja-vu? Oh but wait I should shut my mouth before America invades Canada. Oh wait we have 25% of your nuclear arsenal on our teritories to keep them safe from the Russians. But wait hold on a minute, didnt you guys deal with them already?

This generation wont be treated any differently then the previous. This issue in Iraq is just thier Vietnam all over again. Never blame the brave fighting men and women who serve thier country. ALWAYS blame the governments. These men and women have no choice but to go over there and fight, or be put in jail. They can't run up to Canada this time since that is Ilegal too now, and we will deport them back if asked. We send our boys and girls over to give support to a people who are appreciative and need our help, however do not begin to tell me that the Iraq war was for 9/11. It was for not being able to do what needed to be done in the gulf war. It was the school yard bully haveing to exact revenge for being ratted out to the principle. He knows he can't beat the kid up after school cause it will look to suspicious. So he waits and bides his time. and then suddenly when all eyes are on the kid in the other side of the playground the bully strikes. Same stuff happened here. Afgan is a war against a specific kind of people who needed to get thier asses kicked and still do. However it is being milked now by the American government to allow them to beat up the few kids who stood up to them. I agree that these people need our help now and that we need to give it to them. I do believe that the boys and girls comming home should be treated as heros. If you are being mugged in the streets and some guy comes and saves you. You would consider him a hero? What these people are doing is the same thing only on a larger scale. This War has brought out the good and the bad of America, IMHO what they are doing in Afgan is good, especially since it is in the eyes of the world and so many countries agreed it needed to be done. However the war in Iraq, was not needed, Although the men and women in that war are just as much heros for taking up the banner and heeding the call. From the outside view point America the people are barve strong and proud. Glorious to the ends of the earth. The American Government is corupt darkened souled masses. They cloud the shinny hearts of the American populations and make the world look upon America with disgust. It is and never will be the fault of the average American who does not throw away thier vote. Each of you has the right to think and ellect a person who you believe is going to do better then the last one. However when it turns out they are not progressing you into the future then it is and should always be your right to speak out twards them and vote them out of office. Stand up to them and imprison Them or secure them in thier office under guard and pain of death. Let not the voice of one man speak for an entire people. Let the voice of the people abolish the need of the one man.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Sorry double post.

Sorry

[edit on 1-8-2009 by anubis9311]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by kenton1234

America is not in Afghanistan for Oil pipelines...We are fighting for the same thing the Taliban is fighting for...control of the entire planet.

That's what this war is for...if you control the world, the oil comes with it.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

reply to post by kenton1234

America is not in Afghanistan for Oil pipelines...We are fighting for the same thing the Taliban is fighting for...control of the entire planet.

That's what this war is for...if you control the world, the oil comes with it.

Or to rescue the black market opium and heroin trade which the taliban decimated during their time in power there.

...This is all some covert jesus frenzy isn't it?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

Most crime in Somalia stopped when the ICU was in power, now crime is rampant once they are out of power. According to your theory, the ICU is better at maintaining a lawful society.

This isn't what you think it is...definately not Jesus frenzy though...

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenton1234
reply to post by IDK88
"History will always remember this as the generation of the strongest men in the world and that they were Americans."

History will remember this as the age of greed and deceit. And the greediest and most deceitful were Americans. Kinda reminds me of the monkey with his hand caught in a knothole because he won't let go of what's in his grasp. Same thing here.
If Iraqs major resource was cabbage instead of oil we would not be there.

I agree. Typical bible thumper, they can quote you passage from the bible that makes the reason for being there something else other than oil.

Yes it was the oil and still is, amazing after a election nothing changes, same oil agenda but they say we are fighting their freedom..

I for one will be glad when they get them! Then I am going to ask for mine.

Tru

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by IDK88

We are supposed to believe that we went into Afghanistan to kill some cave dweller as payback for 9/11. We are staying in Afghanistan because of the oil and as curiousSkeptic so accuratley puts it:
"Or to rescue the black market opium and heroin trade which the taliban decimated during their time in power there."
That heroin is part of the funding the C.I.A. relies so heavily on and the opium fields are bigger than ever before. Mission Accomplished.
I live in a very small town and I've never seen so much heroin in my life.
And yes CuriousSkeptic this is indeed some covert jesus frenzy and nothing more.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I'm gonna throw out a prediction:

as the US loses more and more money, the war in Iraq will be declared officially over and all troops removed by December 31, 2009.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

As of today America is officially the last man standing in Iraq. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, in war its best to be the last one that leaves the battlefield...it means you survived.

I don't know what the hell that was out there in Iraq's Western desert, but those guys certainly killed it.

History will always remember this as the generation of the strongest men in the world and that they were Americans.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Even as an American, I can't agree with this!

I do feel for our troops though, being duped into thinking they are fighting for a good cause.

[edit on 1-8-2009 by Donnie Darko]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenton1234
reply to post by IDK88

We are supposed to believe that we went into Afghanistan to kill some cave dweller as payback for 9/11. We are staying in Afghanistan because of the oil and as curiousSkeptic so accuratley puts it:
"Or to rescue the black market opium and heroin trade which the taliban decimated during their time in power there."
That heroin is part of the funding the C.I.A. relies so heavily on and the opium fields are bigger than ever before. Mission Accomplished.
I live in a very small town and I've never seen so much heroin in my life.
And yes CuriousSkeptic this is indeed some covert jesus frenzy and nothing more.

The Taliban destroyed the drugs so that no opposition could emerge, they now sell the drug so they can rebuilt the fortune. I assure you the Taliban are human just like everyone else.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
IDK88,
You seriously need to think this through...alot...like a whole lot.

US troops now a 'coalition of one' in Iraq

As of today America is officially the last man standing in Iraq. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, in war its best to be the last one that leaves the battlefield...it means you survived.

I don't know what the hell that was out there in Iraq's Western desert, but those guys certainly killed it.

This buisness in Iraq is far from over. Furthermore..this is clearly an administration which will leave our troops floundering in Iraq..alone and unsupported while putting the blame for everything and everyone on Americans and the guilt of Americans. I put no conficence in this Administration to stand by our troops in Iraq or anywhere else. Buckle up and be prepared for significant losses and huge excuses and gulit tranference programs to our country and troops...all for political lucre whilee sucking up to the rest of the world.

There is no honor in being the last one standing in an area or territory where most of the world does not like you ..even the Israelis.
THink hard and seriously on this...and watch events unfold before you.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by orangetom1999

I suppose we will see how this unfolds...I am under the impression that the troops in Iraq still standing is just a symbol of what is happening in our own homes; the real space that the war is being fought.

I suppose that is our difference you have a bottoms Up way of looking at the world and I have a top down.

Perhaps when you are a little older you'll see that the war was first being fought inside your own home and secondly on television and the newspaper.

[edit on 1-8-2009 by IDK88]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   

OP, I think you're trolling. Please tell me you're trolling and not serious.

Taliban destroying drugs? CIA under British control? King of Babylon?What? Please, please, please tell me you're trolling.

[edit on 8/1/2009 by Hyzera]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Our troops in Iraq signify nothing more than our coveting of their oil. Perhaps when your meds are adjusted properly and your not rambling on and on about something you obviously know nothing about you will see what this has really been about.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
HOT MESS

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join