It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon, Eyeing Iran, Wants to Rush 30,000-Pound Bomb Program

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
MOAB with 30% more?

MOAB 150 yard blast ratius...

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
4) Isreal has no craft that big/well armed and well defended to drop this weapon.

Something like a C-130 should be able to drop it - everyones got those, I got one my self (eBay's great
)

I'm sure there are a few things in Israel's hangrs that could drop it, but I get your point, a B-2 would be mre comfortable flying into hostile skies.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then

4) Isreal has no craft that big/well armed and well defended to drop this weapon.

Something like a C-130 should be able to drop it - everyones got those, I got one my self (eBay's great
)

I'm sure there are a few things in Israel's hangrs that could drop it, but I get your point, a B-2 would be mre comfortable flying into hostile skies.

But protecting a bif slowe moving craft like that is very difficult.

Muchless the refueling.....

Muchless all the fighters needed to protect it

Muchless the radar jamming planes to protect it......

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
might be something to do with the fact that irans nuclear facility has been deliberatley built deep underground .

Western intelligence experts believe that Iran's nuclear facilities are so deep underground that it would be difficult for Israel to wipe them out, or even significantly damage them

The facilities, however, are located in tunnels fortified by barriers more than 60 feet thick

www.newsweek.com...

wow, it must be some crazy bombs!!!

Can someone tell my why Iran would want to pursue neuclear weapons? There is motive for nuclear technology, due to the fact that Iran doesn't have suffecient electicity for the huge and growing population. And please don't tell me it is because they want to wipe out Israel
sick same lies being rotated around the Internet and around the media.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Well, if it were only for power..............

Why not build a dozen coal/oil/natural gas fired power plants???

No one would care.

They have massive amounts of those materials.............

So why nuclear????

So they can make nuclear weapons.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

Why not build a dozen coal/oil/natural gas fired power plants???

Why shouldn't they sell it? Why do something the hard way when easier ways are available? Would you use an axe to cut a tree if you had a chainsaw? What if you were cutting hundreds of trees?

It is ridiculous to thing that Iran would waste its oil or gas or what ever when Nuclear Technology is available everywhere. There is even nuclear trade around the world but Iran somehow doesn't qualify because somehow with no evidence at all they are pursuing nuclear weapons.

Actually no one is saying that they don't qualify, not even America, they just need excuses to bomb them and invade Iran like its other two neighbours.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Ownification

I think you misunderstood me.....

The huge issue is Iran and it's nuclear endevors........

If they only want simple peaceful power generation, why not

Build Coal/Natural gas/oil.... fired plants.

No one would care.

No on would threaten to bomb them....

They could assure everyone that they are making peaceful, nonnuclear power...

BTW, that would take the wind out of everyones sails who want to distroy Irans nuclar bomb building capabilities.

No nuclear processing.....just normal power plants.

My point was also they have huge resures of these minerals, so why not use some for power generation???

They are making nucl;ear power plantrs and processing of nuclear materials for one reason and one reason only, to make nuclear weapons.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

reply to post by Ownification

I think you misunderstood me.....

The huge issue is Iran and it's nuclear endevors........

If they only want simple peaceful power generation, why not

Build Coal/Natural gas/oil.... fired plants.

No one would care.

No on would threaten to bomb them....

They could assure everyone that they are making peaceful, nonnuclear power...

BTW, that would take the wind out of everyones sails who want to distroy Irans nuclar bomb building capabilities.

No nuclear processing.....just normal power plants.

My point was also they have huge resures of these minerals, so why not use some for power generation???

They are making nucl;ear power plantrs and processing of nuclear materials for one reason and one reason only, to make nuclear weapons.

OK sorry I can't argue with a wall.

Energy resources in Iran consist of the second largest oil reserves and the second largest natural gas reserves in the world. Iran is in a constant battle to use its energy resources more effectively in the face of subsidization and the need for technological advances in energy exploration and production. Energy wastage in Iran amounts to six or seven billion dollars (2008). The energy consumption in the country is extraordinarily higher than international standards. Iran recycles 28 percent of its used oil and gas whereas the figure for certain countries stands at 60 percent.[1] Iran paid $84 billion in subsidies for oil, gas and electricity in 2008.[2]

Natural gas has been the main energy in Iran in 2007, comprising over 55 percent of energy needs, while oil and electricity accounted for 42 and 2 percent respectively. The region’s energy need will increase by 26.8 percent until 2012.[6]

Iran plans to generate 6,000 MW of electricity through nuclear technology by 2010 to meet its increasing demand for energy. Even so, its first 1,000 MW nuclear power plant at Bushehr, built with assistance from Russia, was not online by 2007. In 2005 Iran’s electricity imports were greater than its exports by about 500 million kilowatt-hours; exchanges were made with all neighboring countries except Iraq.[4]

All of this informationc an be found in Wikipedia.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
What everyone is seeming to forget is that the threat is not Iran. We can stop them right now if we wanted to. The real threat is Russia. Remember Russia is the one who has supported (financially and technologically) the Iranian nuclear program. I highly doubt that they'd be pleased with the U.S. bombing Iran's nuclear facility. In fact, I think it safe to say that there would be grave repercussions from the Russians if you get my drift.

All this is is added incentive to submit to the "unconditional" talks with the West. Israel is chomping at the bit to attack them, this buys time.

[edit on 2/8/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

If Iran is attacked, even with nuclear bunker busters they will be resupplied by Russia. What choice does Russia have. Will Putin go in some corner and wet himself?

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by son of total newbie

They have already sold them an advanced missile defence system....

I see no reason, from Russia, why they won't continue to supply military hardware as well as nuclear tech (idiots) to Iran.

I see it as 50% money grubbing from Russia and 50% doing their best to screw over the US/West.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join