It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Islam the Synagogue of Satan?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Many people believe that the Bible discusses Islam here:

Revelation 3
7 “Write this letter to the angel of the church in Philadelphia.
This is the message from the one who is holy and true,
the one who has the key of David.
What he opens, no one can close;
and what he closes, no one can open:
8 “I know all the things you do, and I have opened a door for you that no one can close. You have little strength, yet you obeyed my word and did not deny me. 9 Look, I will force those who belong to Satan’s synagogue—those liars who say they are Jews but are not—to come and bow down at your feet. They will acknowledge that you are the ones I love.
10 “Because you have obeyed my command to persevere, I will protect you from the great time of testing that will come upon the whole world to test those who belong to this world.

Some evidence seems to support their claim that the Bible discusses Islam as Satan's synagogue. For example:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also, the Bible explains how to test whether or not Islam is from God:

1 John 4
1 Dear friends, do not believe everyone who claims to speak by the Spirit. You must test them to see if the spirit they have comes from God. For there are many false prophets in the world. 2 This is how we know if they have the Spirit of God: If a person claiming to be a prophet acknowledges that Jesus Christ came in a real body, that person has the Spirit of God. 3 But if someone claims to be a prophet and does not acknowledge the truth about Jesus, that person is not from God. Such a person has the spirit of the Antichrist, which you heard is coming into the world and indeed is already here.

Allah, Muhammad, and Islam did/do not confess Jesus as Christ. Some interpret this as meaning that the spirit of Islam is Antichrist since it directs Muslims to deny Jesus as Christ. The spirit of the Antichrist that directs people to deny Jesus as Christ could therefore be interpreted as "Satan's synagogue".

However, the Bible proclaims Jesus as Lord. So if Muhammad denied that Jesus is Lord then does that mean that he was an Antichrist? What is the Bible referring to as "Satan’s synagogue—those liars who say they are Jews but are not"?

The Bible refutes Islam by proclaiming that Jesus is Lord here:

Colossians 1
15 Christ is the visible image of the invisible God.
He existed before anything was created and is supreme over all creation,
16 for through him God created everything
in the heavenly realms and on earth.
He made the things we can see
and the things we can’t see—
such as thrones, kingdoms, rulers, and authorities in the unseen world.
Everything was created through him and for him.
17 He existed before anything else,
and he holds all creation together.
18 Christ is also the head of the church,
which is his body.
He is the beginning,
supreme over all who rise from the dead.
So he is first in everything.
19 For God in all his fullness
was pleased to live in Christ,
20 and through him God reconciled
everything to himself.
He made peace with everything in heaven and on earth
by means of Christ’s blood on the cross.

[edit on 1-8-2009 by checkers]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Wow, first let me say that that is a little harsh, I know many wonderful Muslims. But the Biblical defination is anyone who denies the divinty of Jesus is an antiChrist, the Bible says there will be many. Technically, according to the Bible, even the Jew is an antichrist as they do not acknowledge Jesus as anything special at all, nor does any religion outside of the realm of Christianity. No, I do not believe that Islam is the synagogue of satan, nor do I believe that every Muslim is an extremist. I also do not believe that the Bible addresses Islam at all, in the sense that one could point to passage and say this speaks specifically to Islam or to Muhammed. As I'm sure you must have come across, Muslims believe that Muhammed was fortold in the Bible, I do not believe that either. Both, to me, are empty attempts to validate or invalidate blanket statements or definitions to suit ones own objectives.

Peace and Love

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Not sure about that. However it seems that the spread of Islam was mentioned in Revelation Chapter 9, verses one through eleven.

Just a quick reference for the time placement with one prophetic day being one year, it was in 632 AD that the Arabs began the torment that was to become Islam by jihad attacking mankind, and if you add 150 years, that brings us to 782, the Haroun Al Rashid was engaged in friendly correspondence with Christian rulers of Europe.

The next trumpet would indicate the Turkomen, previously held at the Eurphrates, with four commands under the four grandsons of Togrul, father of Malek Shah, an army with myriads of horsemen, wearing apparel of scarlet, blue, and yellow, who used gunpowder for the first time in Western war, and whose power in the tails of horses, among the Turks, the horse's tails were truly emblems of power, as a Pacha of three tails was a great officer.

The Turkomen too, had a time parameter of 396 years and four months. They crossed the Euphrates on January 28, 1057, and Constantinople fell on May 29, 1453. 396 years and 120 days.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
But Islam does not deny that Jesus was Christ. In fact, throughout the Quran he is referred to as "Al-Massih", the prophesied Messiah.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
the first and last mistake is discussing Monotheist Religion in english . There's no Revelation in english so you are probably relying on translation then on treason.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Of course I trust certain Christian sects not coming to terms with another religion will always make unsubstantiated claims. No one ever claimed bible bashers of being particularly bright hence these bizarre and invented term.

Incidentally, Jews worship in synagogues and Muslims in mosques so how seriously can we take this OP if such an elementary mistake is made?

Another problem with the OP, he quotes what is supposed to be a tract from Revelations which refers to Philadelphia. I believe there was no Philadelphia until the 18th century. Can we have some clarifications here maybe a link or two?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher
No one ever claimed bible bashers of being particularly bright hence these bizarre and invented term.

Do you mean ... 'bible thumpers'?

They are called that because they metaphorically thump, thump, thump ya' upside the head with the bible via bible quotes ... non stop.

he quotes what is supposed to be a tract from Revelations which refers to Philadelphia. I believe there was no Philadelphia until the 18th century.

Philadelphia was the early church ... in Asia Minor I think.
It doesnt' have anything to do with Philadelphia in the USA.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Do you mean ... 'bible thumpers'?

They are called that because they metaphorically thump, thump, thump ya' upside the head with the bible via bible quotes ... non stop.

You're right. The Bible has answers for everything. That is why it is called the "Book of Life". For example:

Originally posted by Mumbotron
reply to post by checkers

You're unbelievable. I think some people post stuff like this to watch the crap-storm that ensues. Way to promote bigotry you fool.

Matthew 5
22 But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, 'You fool!' will be liable to the hell of fire.

So anyways, what is the Bible referring to as "Satan’s synagogue—those liars who say they are Jews but are not"?

Apparently, the following Islamic inscriptions can be found on the Temple Mount. These inscriptions are seemingly AntiChrist since they deny that Jesus is Lord.

South-East Wall. Verily Allah and His angels pronounce blessing upon the Prophet. O ye who have pronounced blessings upon Him and give Him the salutation of peace. O, People of the Book (i.e. the Jews and Christians, always referred to as such by the Muslims -Ed.) do not go beyond the bounds in your religion and do not say about Allah anything but the truth. The Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, is but a messenger of Allah and His word which he cast upon Mary, and a spirit from Him. So believe only in Allah and of his messenger, but do not say "Three" (Trinity) and it will be better for you. Allah is only one God. Far be it from His glory that he should have a son.

North Wall. The Messiah will not deign to be in the service of Allah nor will the angels who stand in his presence. O Allah; pray upon Thy messenger "the servant Jesus - (N-W Wall) the son of Mary and peace be upon him the day of his birth, the day of his death and the day of his being raised alive." That is Jesus, son of Mary - a statement concerning which YOU are in doubt. It is not for Allah to take for Himself any offspring, glory be to Him.

Outer Face: West and North-West Walls. In the name of Allah the Merciful and Compassionate. There is no God but Allah alone. Praise be to Allah who hath not taken to himself offspring. To Him there has never been any person in the sovereignty. Mohammed is the messenger of Allah, may God pray upon Him and accept his intercession.

Source

But Islam does not deny that Jesus was Christ. In fact, throughout the Quran he is referred to as "Al-Massih", the prophesied Messiah.

So Muslims believe that Jesus is Lord? Then why don't Muslims worship Jesus as Lord?

John 14
6 Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.

Don't Muslims believe that Christians are blasphemous because they believe that Jesus is Lord? Christians then believe that Muslims are AntiChrist since they don't believe that Jesus is the Lord. Both Christians and Muslims tend to attack each other because they are each concerned about rejecting God. So why then do some Muslims accept Jesus as the Messiah while others reject the divinity of Jesus? Why does Islam cause its followers to be confused about who or what Jesus is? Does the spirit of Islam cause confusion amongst its followers? What kind of spirit benefits from confusion?

[edit on 1-8-2009 by checkers]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
take semitic language courses first and try to translate to english then and see what it comes out of it...;i guess this is why the christian west is so friendly to jews because it has nothing to do with Jesus peace upon Him.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Take a good look at who exactly your bible quote says belongs to the Synagogue of Satan ...

those liars who say they are Jews but are not—

Muslims do not claim to be Jews.
Therefore, they are not the 'Synagogue of Satan' that is from this quote.

As far as I know, only Jews claim to be Jews.
Some 'luke warm' or 'fallen away' Jews claim to be Jews.
Perhaps that is something referring to them.

Who knows?
It was written a very long time ago and the author isn't around to ask.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure synagogue just means a place of worship in general, and isn't only referring to things called such a thing. Gotta be able to see past the labels.

The synagogue of Satan is ALL of the religions. They teach acceptance over understanding. However, within each religion, you will also find those who take understanding over acceptance. But it is that which creates authority on earth, which is to be accepted as truth without question that is a sign of the "wicked".

People are taught to accept, rather than understand. And then because the people do that, then they are able to be led down the broad path of destruction. Because they do not understand, they accept the worldly authority over god.

Samuel 10

18And said unto the children of Israel, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, I brought up Israel out of Egypt, and delivered you out of the hand of the Egyptians, and out of the hand of all kingdoms, and of them that oppressed you:

19And ye have this day rejected your God, who himself saved you out of all your adversities and your tribulations; and ye have said unto him, Nay, but set a king over us. Now therefore present yourselves before the LORD by your tribes, and by your thousands.

Psalm 82

1God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.

2How long will ye judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the wicked? Selah.

3Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy.

4Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked.

5They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.

6I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

7But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.

8Arise, O God, judge the earth: for thou shalt inherit all nations.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Take a good look at who exactly your bible quote says belongs to the Synagogue of Satan ...

those liars who say they are Jews but are not—

Muslims do not claim to be Jews.
Therefore, they are not the 'Synagogue of Satan' that is from this quote.

As far as I know, only Jews claim to be Jews.
Some 'luke warm' or 'fallen away' Jews claim to be Jews.
Perhaps that is something referring to them.

Who knows?
It was written a very long time ago and the author isn't around to ask.

At that time, all muslims, Christians and Jews were called Jews. The different sects did not appear until after those things were written. If you followed Jesus, you were still a Jew.

As such, Jews doesn't mean Jewish people only. It means all 3.

It is referring to wolves in sheeps clothing, who carry the symbolisms and try to appear to be of that, but in reality they are just using such things for control. Gotta look beyond labels, and look at the fruits/actions.

[edit on 8/1/2009 by badmedia]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

badmedia I will have to agree with you. Righteous Jews, Christians and Muslims are people of the book.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia
It is referring to wolves in sheeps clothing,

I kinda figured it was the luke warm .. the fallen away ... those who are 'jewish' (or religious) in name only.... that kind of thing. To point to Islam and say that it fulfills that quote ... well, I just don't see it.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by badmedia
It is referring to wolves in sheeps clothing,

I kinda figured it was the luke warm .. the fallen away ... those who are 'jewish' (or religious) in name only.... that kind of thing. To point to Islam and say that it fulfills that quote ... well, I just don't see it.

I dislike that term "luke warm". It's just people who are poor in spirit at best, and all those who are poor in spirit are blessed, because they simply don't know any better.

The "wicked" at the ones who are "evil". And those are the ones who blasphemy the holy spirit, because they know the truth, but then they lie and manipulate people for their own advantage. Thus why that verse refers to them as liars. What you would call lukewarm, it's just those who are deceived. The deceivers are the guilty party.

The poor in spirit are blessed because they have not yet known the truth. And when the truth does come to them, then they will accept/understand it, and they will no longer accept the wicked. The wicked of course it's not going to matter, because they already know.

There are verses that talk about when the truth comes to those who are poor in spirit, but I can't think of them off the top of my head. While ignorance of the law is not a valid excuse among the authorities on earth, it is a valid excuse for the father. Of course, it must actually be actual ignorance, can't pretend it like you could towards authorities on earth.

Remember, there are 3 basic groups there. 2 of which have that understanding - the righteous and the wicked, and those in the middle which you call lukewarm are simply the poor in spirit. Defend that 3rd group as Psalm 82 says.

[edit on 8/1/2009 by badmedia]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by checkers

early christians like knight templars were imfamous for eatin' the dead bodies of muslim and christian and jewish people.

why ppl take the bible serio is beyond me and i say that 'cause if you study the history of the bible you realize how much bs is in it. while islam praises jesus and even said he didn't died on the cross, in fact in india there is a tomb that says here lies jesus. also it was judas who hang on the cross that's why mary couldn't tell if it was her son, but some ppl have said judas and jesus were brothers

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher
reply to post by badmedia

badmedia I will have to agree with you. Righteous Jews, Christians and Muslims are people of the book.

I'm not sure if you are a mason, but that is one area where I am in agreement with the masons. They seem to get that real truth is understanding, and understanding is universal to all who seek it. The expressions of that understanding may change from culture to culture, but the true understanding seems to stay the same.

Of course, within all religions we can point out those who are wicked, but I think it's a bit of a falsehood to paint them all as such.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by checkers

Revelation 3
7 “Write this letter to the angel of the church in Philadelphia.
This is the message from the one who is holy and true,
the one who has the key of David.
What he opens, no one can close;
and what he closes, no one can open:
8 “I know all the things you do, and I have opened a door for you that no one can close. You have little strength, yet you obeyed my word and did not deny me. 9 Look, I will force those who belong to Satan’s synagogue—those liars who say they are Jews but are not—to come and bow down at your feet. They will acknowledge that you are the ones I love.
10 “Because you have obeyed my command to persevere, I will protect you from the great time of testing that will come upon the whole world to test those who belong to this world.

next time put the verse of passage you got it from which is revelation 3:7

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by checkers

Such a person has the spirit of the Antichrist, which you heard is coming into the world and indeed is already here.

So 2000 years later, still waiting. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting.

What does that say about the rest of your OP?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join