It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Honey and apple cider vinegar

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChilledVoodoo
I tried some apple cider vinager (about one ounce)and wasnt to bad because i mixed it with honey and water. I feel a little tingle in tummy but thats about it. I will see if i feel any better soon. I am not feeling bad to begin with, but I will still try and be observant of my body.
I am a little undecided at the moment if it will be worth taking daily, or only when I think i might be getting sick.

I also am interested in taking a few drops of hydrogen peroxide a few times a day. I am not going to use the 3% kind, but only the 35% kind. This kind is sopossed to be food grade. Doing this is sopossed to help my body and oxygenate cells to give me more energy. Anyone try this before?

What about ingesting iodine to help out your glands in your neck, witch will kill any germs or bacteria?

Hydrogen peroxide isn’t for drinking
www.consumerreports.org...

As far as drinking iodine, doesn’t the bottle have a skull and crossbones on the front of it ? Seems like it did when I was kid, but granted, that was many moons ago.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Honey is exellent for the skin, especially if dry. It is nourishing, soothing, moisturising and is loaded with nutrients good for your skin...

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   

I had ringworm on my foot and put ACV on it and GONE in 3 days.

As was said else where ACV is good for the hair and skin. This is because the skin is naturally acidic but the soap we wash with is a base or at best neutral. Rinsing the hair and skin with vinegar or lemon juice (another acidic food) removes the last of the soap and returns the skin to its normal pH. The acidity of the skin also helps protect it from bacteria. - this information is from my readings while a chemist at a personal care company several decades ago but I think the basics have not changed.

Ringworm, and other skin fungus HATE acids. A Doctor prescribed HCl acid for my planters wort, another suggested aspirin. I prefer aspirin because it can be taped in place and wetted if needed. It also will kill any pain while it works.

I have also successfully cured a very bad case of thrush (fungus in a horse's hoof) on a friend's horse during her two week vacation. The vet was unable to do so in several months treatment prior to that. (the vets treatment was painful enough the horse hated having her feet touched but the aspirin killed the pain and she quit fighting me after a few days) Every case of thush I have treated with aspirin over a forty year period was cured. Thrush is fairly common in the humid south east so I have seen several cases.

The strong acids such as HCl eat both the diseased tissue and the healthy tissue. This can be rather painful in my experience. The organic acids such as aspirin only seem to effect the diseased tissue. It is really weird to see the hole left by the planters wart when nothing else is touched.

[edit on 2-8-2009 by crimvelvet]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

An ounce of juniper berry flavored ethanol tops it off nicely

Those Gin and tonics should help kill any bugs you encounter during the day, you pickle them!

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
What I found about Hydrogen Peroxide (35%)

But there’s no reliable evidence that such “oxygenation therapy” has any medical value.

What I found about Apple Cider Vinager

While the results of these studies are promising, they are all preliminary. Many were done on animals or on cells in a lab. The human studies have been small. Before we will truly know whether vinegar has any health benefits, much larger studies are needed.

What I found about honey

Toxic Substances Board member Dr Robert Mann, who says potentiated pollen should "not be permitted for human consumption" in the absence of proper facts. "On the one hand, honey, for example, is subject to the Medicines Act as soon as it claims anything beneficial about itself. It's like someone who produces a bottle of water, and as soon as they say it will quench your thirst if you are dehydrated, it becomes therapeutic terminology.

What i found out about Iodine

The National Research Council has established a Recommended Dietary Allowance for iodine of 150 micrograms per day (µg/day), with additional allowances of 25 µg/day during pregnancy and 50 µg/day during nursing.

Iodine is needed for your thyroid gland to produce thyroid hormones. You and your thyroid gland are healthy when there is just enough iodine in your body, about 10-15 milligrams, so that just the right amount of thyroid hormones are produced. This amount would look like much less than a pinch of table salt if placed in your hand. This amount of iodine is in most people when they eat the foods that people normally eat in the United States. Your thyroid gland can become unhealthy if more or less than this amount of iodine is in your body. An unhealthy thyroid gland can affect your entire body. If the thyroid gland cannot make enough hormone, then you would have to be given thyroid hormone in pills. If your thyroid gland makes too much hormone, then you would have to be given drugs to make your thyroid make less hormone. Radioactive iodine can also be unhealthy for your thyroid gland. If too much radioactive iodine enters your body, the radioactive iodine will destroy your thyroid gland so that the gland will stop making hormones. Too much radioactive iodine in your body can also cause thyroid nodules or cancer.

As you can see, you must find out on your own what works for you. The FDA is good in some ways, but in my opinion is holding back on doing the research on these natrual cures. Is it because they are in bed with the pharmacutacial companies? We will see.....

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I would like to try this, but absolutely cannot abide the taste of honey.
Would it be worthwhile to try the acv alone, or would there be another substitute for the honey?

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I use cider vinegar pill to treat acid reflux. It works great.

I had a planters wart on the ball of my foot. The podiatrist tried to burn the sucker out over time (painful). He discontinued treatment when he thought I was cured.

About 1 year later it can back as a cluster wart and I knew I would have to have it cut out. Instead, after bathing at night I duct taped a ACV pill to the wart and left in on until my next bath. I can't say is was painless, but it worked.

[edit on 8/2/2009 by sad_eyed_lady]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

As you can see, you must find out on your own what works for you. The FDA is good in some ways, but in my opinion is holding back on doing the research on these natrual cures. Is it because they are in bed with the pharmacutacial companies? We will see.....

The FDA does not do the studies. The company making the claims is responsible for doing the actual studies.

The FDA sets out the methods to be used to get FDA approval. The FDA method is very exact and states how many mice, dosage.....Doing the testing required by the FDA is expensive and time consuming that is why herbal medicines very rarely have any rigid testing done unless it is done at the university level.

Increasingly even the university testing is paid for by corporate grants and then the corporations own any patents from the studies. Since herbs can not be patented yet (Monsanto is working on it I am sure) no testing will be done. Many medicines today are the abstracts from plants that are then synthesized by chemical processes to make them available cheaply in large quantities. Aspirin from willow bark and Digitalis from foxglove are just two.

The granting of patent rights is supposed to allow companies to recoup the cost of research and testing and pay for more research, however honesty in our government is needed to make the system work correctly.

GAG, I am starting to sound like a college prof.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
i use a few cap fulls daily on my salads, i haven't noticed any difference, along with everything else Ive ever tried, i still constantly feel tired, sluggish and washed out.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I started taking honey a week ago, and i have been experiencing an increase in energy, and just feel beter throughout the whole day. I take two tablespoons three imes a day of some strained raw honey.

You have more energy because you're ingesting a lot of sugar.

2 tablespoons = 29.57ml * 3 = 88.72ml
88.72ml = 85.04 g

82.42 g of sugar per 100.00g of honey
70.07 g of sugar per 85.04g of honey

You are basically taking spoonfuls of sugar. The sugar in honey is no different from any other sugar, your body sees glucose, fructose, or the combination of the two, sucrose. It's all the same. Honey is about 80% sugar and 15% water, with a little room left for some vitamins and minerals. There isn't much special about it chemically, though I applaud the bees for their work.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by miss_sky

How much meat do you eat? Are you pale at all? Headaches sometimes? Could be anemia, shot in the dark but when I see tired and salads it jumps to mind.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I had a Military Doctor once mention ACV as a weight loss aid then he said never mind...not sure why he retracted it. I tried it anyway several years later and have lost 80 pounds. Now the ACV is not the only change I made so I cannot verify it was the main reason I lost weight.

It does help with my acid reflux. I drink 2 - 3 tablespoons before eating.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Parabol

I found this study here:
There are mixed results.
Some pros and cons when replacing sugar with honey. It depends on the individuals health and condition. Consider, Honey is a sweet, viscous fluid made by honeybees from the nectar of flowering plants. Honey is sweeter than sugar (100% sucrose), has more calories than sugar and raises the blood sugar even more than white sugar. Raw honey reportedly has medicinal benefits and contains enzymes and small amounts of minerals and B-complex vitamins.
Note: It has been suggested that honey should not be given to children under the age of 18 months because their digestive tracts and immune systems are not yet developed enough for bacteria that may be present in honey.
Honey Helpful for Healthy Individuals and Those with High Cholesterol, Type 2 Diabetes

In a series of experiments involving healthy subjects and those with either high cholesterol or type 2 diabetes, honey has proved itself the healthiest sweetener.

All i know is it works for me for energy. Is it a placebo effect? I dont think it is. I hope i dont start gaining weight from eating all this honey. I think i will continue this honey regiment for a while and see if i get sick or start to gain weight.
I have a softball leauge starting in a few weeks, so mabey i will replace my energy drinks with a few chugs off the old honey bottle!
p.s. I no longer have constipation thanks to honey. (TMI?)

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
I would like to try this, but absolutely cannot abide the taste of honey.
Would it be worthwhile to try the acv alone, or would there be another substitute for the honey?

I prefer hot to sweet, so I soak halved bird's-eye chillies in organic cider vinegar and have a spoonful of that in a glass of water.

I don't know how much good it does, but it's something different.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Thank you. I had a friend who did it the same way, but with garlic to bring her cholestrol down, which it did actually help.

I think I like the chili's better, and will try it. Thanks again.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I have a degree in psychology and spent a lot of time reading various studies. I'll give you my basic translation...

reply to post by Parabol

I found this study here:
There are mixed results.

Inconclusive. Mixed results means you don't have an answer either way.

Some pros and cons when replacing sugar with honey. It depends on the individuals health and condition.

Who knows? Maybe it'll help you, maybe it won't. Oh what, why would it help one over the other? Uh, well, individuals have different bodies and everyone reacts in their own way. Yeah, that covers it.

Consider, Honey is a sweet, viscous fluid made by honeybees from the nectar of flowering plants. Honey is sweeter than sugar (100% sucrose), has more calories than sugar and raises the blood sugar even more than white sugar.

1 Glucose + 1 Fructose = 1 Sucrose

It's the same ingredients just packaged differently.

Calories per 100g of honey= 300 calories
Calories per 100g of sugar= 390 calories

Raw honey reportedly has medicinal benefits and contains enzymes and small amounts of minerals and B-complex vitamins.

Pretty much all the food you eat has a small amount of minerals in them. It's like bragging about merely attending school and not your grades, everyone has minerals. Reportedly might as well be hearsay without experimental evidence to back it up.

All i know is it works for me for energy. Is it a placebo effect? I dont think it is.

If you were taking spoonfuls of sugar you'd know that the energy came from that right? It's not a placebo effect, it's loading your body with sugar.

I hope i dont start gaining weight from eating all this honey. I think i will continue this honey regiment for a while and see if i get sick or start to gain weight.

I wouldn't think you would get sick but gaining some weight is a possibility. It really depends on the rest of your diet and exercise as to whether you have too much sugar/carb intake or the ability to burn it quickly.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by miss_sky

Do you eat a lot of bread, sugar, potatoes pasta? Do you have craving for sweets or breads? Do you become tired after eating especially in the afternoon?

These are all symptoms of high/low blood sugar. Most doctors ignore low blood sugar a precursor of old age (type II ) diabetes.

Try going completely off of sugars and starches (carbs) for a week drink a lot of water and see how you feel. Or a fairly easy self test for low blood sugar is to eat honey or sugar (about a teaspoon to a tablespoon) at noon on an empty stomach and see if you feel rotten a short time afterwards (1/2 hour). Make sure you have a protein rich food available and eat as soon as you have confirmation of a reaction to the sugar or within an hour if you feel fine.

Do not do this if you have diabetes or think you may have diabetes or other health problems.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Thank you. I had a friend who did it the same way, but with garlic to bring her cholestrol down, which it did actually help.

I am using the vinegar and garlic, KCL salt along with various spices to bring down my blood pressure. It has work quite well. Sure beats Blood pressure medicine and the side effects.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ChilledVoodoo

honey and whole hempseed diet.

i have about 3x300ml cup of hempseeds mixed with honey every day.

i just eat a huge mouthful once every half an hour, all day.

i have lost stones in just 2 months.

that coupled with simple yoga asanas, and meditation.

my life is changed forever.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Acidic tonics, like vinegar or cranberry juice, can offset the effects of too much sugar in your diet. Candida (yeast) grows in your system if you are too "sweet". This may be why cranberry juice is recommended for bladder or urinary tract infections. Regulate your use of sugar products or balance with these tonics. Go too far and your stomach will upset. There you have it, you can recognize balance properly and determine what's right for you .

Weight loss is a simple problem. Stave off hunger with walnuts. They are also good at providing energy and reducing cholesterol. Drink plenty of water if you feel hungry, as most of the older folks don't get a good thirst signal and mistake it for hunger. That may be why middle age and older seem to get heavier.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by Jim Scott]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join