It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Honey and apple cider vinegar

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I am going to start taking honey three times a day, and then i am also going to start drinking apple cider vinegar twice a day . You might think im crazy, but I read the book" folk medicine" by Dr. Jarvis, and i am going to try this method that he recomends.

I did some looking around on google and there are a lot of sites talking about the benifits of honey, but not so much on apple cider vinegar. I started taking honey a week ago, and i have been experiencing an increase in energy, and just feel beter throughout the whole day. I take two tablespoons three imes a day of some strained raw honey.

Is there anyone else who has tried either the honey or the apple cider vinegar for health benifits? Please let me know if they work ,or are just a bunch of hype.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Star, and flag.

I haven't tried the apple cider vinegar, but I've got family that are fit as fiddles who use it daily.

I do use honey on all wounds......ALL ALL ALL wounds. Just recently I ripped my finger open.... It was on rustly metal, and bled like no tomorrow. The infection set in right away. Hurt like no tomorrow; as I had to finish what I was doing before I could get to the honey.

By the time I got to the honey, my finger was pulsing, and throbbing with pain.

2 drops of honey, and 30 minutes later it wasn't hurting anymore.

With conventional care it would have taken a couple weeks for it to completely heal.........including antibiotics. Now just 4 days later it is almost completely healed.....looks like it's not going to scar either.

It's important that you get raw natural honey..........no big name brands as they add sh*t.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Fresh squeezed lime and lemon sweetened with honey and add a little seltzer and put it in a cup of crushed ice. Seriously good. Make concoctions like this on a daily basis with all sorts of fruits and stay away from caffiene or any juice or beverage prepackaged and you will be shocked at how you feel in a few weeks. Assuming the foods you eat are basically in the same manner, fresh and seasoned the way you like. Honey is one of the many things nature provides for us that are not only great to eat but also has healthy benefits.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I had ringworm on my foot and put ACV on it and GONE in 3 days.

I have started dinking ACV for 2 weeks now to do the inside out.

Going to get some honey now as well to take.

Good post.

Thanks

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
ACV is really, really good for skin. I use it topically sometimes.

And honey for my throat, plus it has antibiotic properties.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I've never heard of just taking honey every day like a tonic, nor have I ever heard of putting it on wounds. Thanks for the ideas... I may try them.

I heard of using honey and apple cider vinegar as a treatment for heartburn. I've got it bad - had it for years. I'm not quite at the place where I can stomach a tablespoon of vinegar, even though it's OK to dilute it in water before you drink it down. But... it's getting there.

Other people I know with this problem have sworn that it works well for them. That's the only reason I'd even consider such a thing - drinking vinegar.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ChilledVoodoo

I try to encourage my family to turn to more natural remedies instead of rushing off to the Chemists/drug store.

Even basic, cheap everyday household items to clean the house such as table salt, basic white vinegar, Bicarbonate of soda, Lemon Juice.

There's a site called G-jo. Try typing in Firts aid using simple remedies - The G-jo institute. Or www.g-jo.com/naturalhealthremedies . They have a series of newsletters, but I can't remember if it was in one of them, but basically they cover honey, vinegar, garlic, caster Oil et.c. There is info all over the internet.

S&F for you.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

apple cider vinegar

I tried apple cider vinegar for a while as a digestive aid and for fat reduction. Didn't stay with it very long, but my impression is that it does generate results, but requires fantastically larger quantiies than is usually recommended. I noticed no difference whatsoever taking one tablespoon per day, nor taking one tablespoon before meals. One tablespoon after every meal was noticeable, but not hugely so. When I started pouring it by the coffee cup and drinking after meals, I felt tangible and positive differences. But at that rate I ran out of vinegar rather quickly and lost interest in buying a new bottle every week.

All in all, yes I would recommend it, but you may need to experiment some to find a quantity that's proper for your body, and see how you react to it. I think the reasoning behind the vinegar is mostly just about it being a friendly acid. It artificially speeds up metabolism by breaking down everything that you eat, causing it to pass through your body more quickly so you have less time to absorb it. I'm guessing it probably also tends to kill off a lot of the bacteria that inhabit your intestines, which means less bacterial waste passing through your system, and less gas so less bloating.

Probably worth mentioning that drinking that much acid might be problematic for some people, so all due caution is advised. Personally I had no problems, and found it to be a positive experience.

EDIT: It may also be worth mentioning that I drink nothing but water, generally eat healthy, and avoid flouride, corn syrup, MSG, BHT, don't smoke, rarely drink...I'm generally pretty particular about what I put in my body. So if there are any detoxification benefits to apple cider vinegar, I would not be a likely candidate to experience detoxification side effects. It's possible that drinking the stuff in the quantities that I did might leech all sorts of nasty stuff out of your body at an unhealthy rate for someone in need of detox. I never really looked into that part of it. Once again...all due diligence and caution is left to the reader.

[edit on 1-8-2009 by LordBucket]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ChilledVoodoo

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I used the ACVH treatment [chelation] for heavy metal poisoning [cadmium] for about a year and stopped because I over did it with the ACV. To much and you can kill beneficial bacteria in the gut.
The result is that you get diarrhea until you slow down on the ACV and replace the bacteria with something from the health food store.

I get my ACV in my salad dressing with olive oil and my honey on my biscuits in the morning.

[edit on 1-8-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
my wife spends hundreds of $$ for here troubled skin problem...she got that same book to treat my acid reflux... her skin is amazing in just 2wks..i tried it on my face & noticed results the next day!!! her 67yrs.old mom bathed with some added ..so said it took all here aches away after 1 time..

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

I heard of using honey and apple cider vinegar as a treatment for heartburn. I've got it bad

I had reflux (is that what you mean by heartburn) every night for about a year. I cut out sugar and starches especially bread pasta, rice, and potatoes. Haven't had a problem since. Also if my tummy acts up I eat a slice of ginger (crystallized has sugar so eat sparingly) If that does not work then yogurt to put the bacteria back in my tummy.

I use cider vinegar on my salads every day to help bring down the blood pressure.
A honey, lemon juice and whiskey hot toddy at the first sign of a scratchy throat kept me from ever having a cold until College (Granddad died in the Spanish? flu epidemic because he would not touch whiskey according to Dad.)

Whiskey: A friend was in a scientific study that proved alcohol in the blood stream kills a virus IF taken within 24 hours of exposure. Zicam also seems to work pretty well. I use it in the morning as I get up if my throat is scratchy.

Another trick if you know you have just been exposed to a virus, is to take a very hot bath and jack up your body temperature to about a 100 for about a half hour. (check with a thermometer and monitor closely) Combine with the hot toddy then jump into bed. If you have heart problems, are older or in any type of poor health DO NOT Jack up you temp. If you feel weak or dizzy bring your temp back down immediately. jacking up your body temperature is similar to an Indian sweat lodge or a sauna and has the same type of dangers associated with it as well as similar benefits but must be approached with caution.

I handle a lot of unknown children on weekends doing entertainment for birthday parties, fairs, fleamarkets and farmers markets so I have to pay very close attention to my health and what I could catch and pass on. The above are my "bag of tricks"

Above all else WASH HANDS frequently and eat correctly.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Does any body know about the alkaline/ acid properties of Apple cider vinager? According to diffrent web sites, apple cider vinager is acidic, but turns to alkaline in your body, and that is sopossed to be good for you right?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
ACV is great against acne. Much better than any of that Clearasil crap. The Japanese drink vinegar (not just ACV) out the yingyang. They have mixed drinks with vinegar in all sorts of variations as well as drinking it pure. The best honey for wounds is Manuka honey from New Zealand. It´s even used for deep skin ulcers.

BTW, brush your teeth after drinking any type of pure vinegar or you´ll rot your teeth out.

web-japan.org...

[edit on 1-8-2009 by fockewulf190]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Does any body know about the alkaline/ acid properties of Apple cider vinager? According to diffrent web sites, apple cider vinager is acidic, but turns to alkaline in your body, and that is sopossed to be good for you right?

It is a "weak" acid. It is composed of about 5% acetic acid, CH3COOH, also known as ethanoic acid,and is an organic acid

Since the stomach contains a "strong" acid HCl, I see of no way it could turn alkaline, that is into a base. a base is a different type of chemical altogether. Lye or drain cleaners are bases.

In chemisty the "H" or hydrogen is the active part of an acid while the "OH" hydroxyl group is the active critter in a base. Bases and acids combine to form water and a "salt"

The only thing I can think of is that someone was trying to explain the difference between a strong and a weak acid and said cider vinegar (pH of 3 to 5) is more "basic" than stomach acid, with a pH of 1 to 3.

And the "OH" in acetic acid could be confused with the OH group in Sodium hydroxide (lye) NaOH

Hope that helps

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I have no documentation to offer, but I recall having read that eating honey produced locally may help with some allergies. The theory is that the honey will contain many of the local pollens and by eating it, an immunity may be built up. On its face, it makes sense to me, but I am not an allergist, so the information is worth what you paid for it.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I tried some apple cider vinager (about one ounce)and wasnt to bad because i mixed it with honey and water. I feel a little tingle in tummy but thats about it. I will see if i feel any better soon. I am not feeling bad to begin with, but I will still try and be observant of my body.
I am a little undecided at the moment if it will be worth taking daily, or only when I think i might be getting sick.

I also am interested in taking a few drops of hydrogen peroxide a few times a day. I am not going to use the 3% kind, but only the 35% kind. This kind is sopossed to be food grade. Doing this is sopossed to help my body and oxygenate cells to give me more energy. Anyone try this before?

What about ingesting iodine to help out your glands in your neck, witch will kill any germs or bacteria?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Whenever I feel a cold coming on with a sore throat I gargle with ACV every few hours. Usually my colds arent as long and the sore throat clears up quicker. I havent used it for other remedies though.
Ive used oil of oregano as well with limited results.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I find sparkling quinine (tonic) water to be very beneficial in fighting the effects of malaria.
I usual add a twist of lime (with or without zest) to help avoid scurvy.
An ounce of juniper berry flavored ethanol tops it off nicely.

I generally have three or four doses every afternoon.

[edit on 8/1/2009 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I have tried both, but not as a health regiment. Before I tried them, I found tons of info online and in my natural remedy books. You could try searching for Apple Cider Vinegar/ honey health benefits.
Whenever I have a stomach ache, intestinal problems, if my throat starts to feel sore or nose is stuffy, or even if I ate too much and I don't feel balanced, i'll take honey or ACV. It makes me feel better fairly quickly.
It's important that you get natural or raw honey like at a farmers market. It tastes so much better and it works better too. I live in Western Washington and they sell all sorts of raw honeys at the markets. Right now we have cranberry honey and I love fireweed honey. Natural honey's also bake really good too, especially if you have to be gluten free. They make excellent bread. The natural clover honey we bought at the store doesn't taste right compared to the stuff we get here. The farmers tell us that's because the honey has been irradiated, killing all of it's health benefits.
I've dealt with ACV much more than honey. I love the stuff! I take a spoonful or two if I'm not feeling to well. I also wash my hair with it in place of shampoo/conditioner and it works wonderfully. (It'll also clean the tub too) It also makes a good face wash, though I use lemon juice more often than vinegar to wash my face.
Be careful when taking the vinegar. My throat was really sore once and I really didn't want to catch a cold so I took a spoonful and nearly threw it down my throat. Well it felt like my throat caught fire and I gagged it back up. It took an hour to get rid of the burning sensation in my nose and throat.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join