It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are your quirks?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by seagrass

South Korea?
Yeah, I suppose many end up that way reading or watching those kinds of stories. I don't ever read any of those. Never been a fan of horror movies.

IT was enough to be memorable to me.

Some people are just psycho writers with an alter ego or egress.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I hate to go barefoot...
I have to drink out of straws if im at a restaurant for water or whatever else im drinking..
when i read , it seems like i need to type the words out in my head..(don't even think my hubby knows that)
I'm sure i have lots more, but i can't think of them right now....

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I know many people arrange their hung up clothes differently.

I arrange mine according to sleeve length, mainly, shorter first. I have sub-arrangements but I'll spare you that

If I see any kind of bug on tv or in the room while I'm eating, I lose my appetite completely. Even if a fly is buzzing around. But I'm not squeamish at all when it comes to bugs.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I have several, many of which the OP posted...

I do everything in even numbers. If i buy more than one of anything it must be an even number. If I perform a repetitive task it must be done an even number of times before I stop. If I eat more than one of anything, it must be an even number, except when it comes to vegetables like corn or something. I have no idea why. I can force myself to break this rule, but it just doesn't feel right.

I avoid cracks on the sidewalks. I think this may be something that stuck from early childhood - "Step on a crack, break your mother's back".

I always walk up stairs two at a time, unless they're steep, then I walk up one at a time until I get near the top. Then I'll skip one just to make it right.

I'm one of those people who can't have anything on my plate touching anything else. I make sure my mashed potatoes, meat, vegetables, etc. are seperated. If a corn kernal gets into my potatoes I won't eat it (the corn that is). I've cooked mixed vegetables like broccolli and carrots, only to seperate them on my plate before eating them. Weird, I know, but as I tell my family, "when I eat mashed potatoes, I only want to taste mashed potatoes!"

I eat everything one at a time. Usually save the meat for last just because it's what I look forward to the most.

I can't sleep anywhere but my own bed, but only the first night. I used to travel for work, and this one drove me crazy. The first night in a hotel I don't sleep at all, and as a result, my work performance the next day is less than optimal. Next day I sleep just fine. Same when staying at a relative's house. It's like for one night my whole body is keenly aware that it's in a strange place. Can't sleep on a plane no matter what.

I have an incredibly short attention span when conversing. I can check out in mid-sentence and go into deep thought about something completely unrelated to the conversation. The exception is if I'm really facinated by the subject matter and knowledgeable about it, which is rare.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by HarlieQuinn
I pat my pockets as well when someone asks for something. If someone is looking for something in their pockets I pat my pockets.

this totally made my day. I smiled joyously, then broke out with laughter

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Up, down, bottom, top, strange, and charmed. Oh quirks! I thought you said my quarks.
(Not really lol.) And yes, that was a really corny joke.

[edit on 2-8-2009 by Totakeke]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sk8rDude7

Originally posted by HarlieQuinn
I pat my pockets as well when someone asks for something. If someone is looking for something in their pockets I pat my pockets.

this totally made my day. I smiled joyously, then broke out with laughter

Yeah, my boss got a kick out of it too

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
ohh how I wish I could 'ave seen it happen,

just my imagining it makes me giggle uncontrollably.

ahhh good times*

[edit on 2-8-2009 by Sk8rDude7]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
I like to do nothing and let everything almost completely fall apart, so that I can then step in as the hero in my own drama and "save the day"!
I do that too. I wait for the universe, and if it doesn't come and help me.. then I will do something.

Well it's good to hear I have company on this one! I'll wait 'till the very last second to see if the Universe is gonna do it... and if it decides not to, I jump in.

If things are too predictable, I will completely change them. Even if it means changing Everything... it drove my family bonkers when I was younger.

I read things backwards, street signs, food labels, etc... sometimes it's just for fun, others it seems like an obsession.

I will resort to crazy acts of 'heroism' to get to an injured animal.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Gas in the car. People find this annoying. I will go the last possible second to put gas in the car. My ex particularly found this very irritating. When we were traveling in my car, and I was driving, we would come into a small town. He immediately would direct me to "pull into that gas station. I want to fill up the car". Oh no, I would say. I saw a sign and the next town is only 15 miles away. We can make it".

"But why should we have to? Let's just do it NOW and we won't have to worry about it. WHY do you play this game?"

See, I don't know. I still do it. I have a tendency to live my life cautiously, and maybe this is my little response to a hidden desire to live life on the edge. lol. But I'm very good at it. I've never run out of gas.........so far.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I love my facial stubble to be just at the correct length and I spend lots of time stroking it.
One of my irritating habits are peeling lose skin between my toes....sometimes so aggresively that I bleed profusively.
Strange as this may seem I feel a satisfaction doing this on a daily basis.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I realized two more when I went to be last night. When I go to bed I have to have the sheets pressed against my lips. I think it is because of the second thing I realized and that is I cannot stand breathing out of my mouth or anyone else to for that matter. I find it very annoying lol.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8

Originally posted by Bluebelle
reply to post by LiveForever8

They are, its a very emotional subject... on the whole, socks probably cause more drama than religion, politics and the economic crisis put together.

'whole,sock' just triggered something......SOCKS WITH HOLES IN!
What are your thoughts?

Personally im all for it

Well, if they did not have holes in them, how would you get them onto your feet?!

One quirk I have is that I cannot stand uneven surfaces. Like carpets or rugs etc, if my feet notices a fold or a lump, it drives me insane.

Cushions and pillows, mattresses blankets, etc, all the same. SOmetimes even just a jumper Im wearing, if it's lumpy where Im sitting down, I'll have to take it off.

Never really thought about it till now... and counting. If I am having a drink of water, I'll count the gulps.

And for some unknown reason, I gnash and chomp my teeth in patterns. usually some three sided 'beat' without noticing it till my jaw is sore.

Gah, theres too many of them now You've got me thinking...

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by seagrass

Orange is one of the least accepted colors. Has been somewhat labeled as eccentric. Probably why it is popular right now. It is also related to sexuality in chakra.. you don't like people touching you and orange says "sex". lol

my latest new favorite color - full circle - it was when I was a kid

now I feel uncomfortable :-)

so, there's one - I have color issues

the wrong color can actually make me nauseous - I don't mean figuratively - actual nausea - I've never understood it

also - I can't spell the word nausea to save my life - if it weren't for spell check (and the fact that I must obey) you would see for yourself

I try to learn it every time - I always forget

[edit on 8/2/2009 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

this is great :-)

Roast dinners change me. For some reason when eating a roast dinner, my eating habit changes and I insist on eating everything on the plate separately. First, vegetables. Then, potatoes. Then any other minor edibles. And lastly, the meat. In that order……always. I don’t do this with anything else EVER.

I need to understand this - you say roast dinners - I want to understand how this is different from other dinners :-)

you mean - a more formal, traditional dinner - something roasted (obviously) a vegetable and a starch? (in America anyhow - the basic...)

but - if you were at a Mexican restaurant (let's say) no problem - you feel free to eat any old thing in any order you want?

:-)

oh - this is good...

There are so many more that im sure ill remember later.

yes - we all have them - I do - but I can't think off the top of my head right now...

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I have to use proper grammar when texting. Makes texting long and dawn out...

I tend to prefer the English spelling of words like "behaviour" and added the "e" at the end of certain words when I was learning to write.

Intentional miscapitalizations are an indication of my bias towards the pronoun/noun...

There are many more but those are fine for now...

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Over here in the UK Sunday is roast dinner day.
Its a social tradition.

Roast beef
Roast potatoes
Carrots
Parsnips
Yorkshire puddings

There are numerous other combinations.

But this is the only meal...EVER...that i eat in a certain order.
Any other meal, no matter what, i just took into without considering a specific sequence in what i eat.
Its strange.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
I have to use proper grammar when texting. Makes texting long and dawn out...

I tend to prefer the English spelling of words like "behaviour" and added the "e" at the end of certain words when I was learning to write.

Intentional miscapitalizations are an indication of my bias towards the pronoun/noun...

There are many more but those are fine for now...

I don't like to capitalize and I think apostrophes are stupid. So I use too many of them and then barely capitalize, especially at the beginning of a sentence. I rebel.
But if I was to turn it in and it would be judged by a teacher or something, I would try really hard to make it right. I also love the ..... stuff.
I like the English spellings too. Except for the z and s ones.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Over here in the UK Sunday is roast dinner day.
Its a social tradition.

Roast beef
Roast potatoes
Carrots
Parsnips
Yorkshire puddings

There are numerous other combinations.

But this is the only meal...EVER...that i eat in a certain order.
Any other meal, no matter what, i just took into without considering a specific sequence in what i eat.
Its strange.
I can make a mean roast, but I don't like to cook much and I would pout if it HAD to be on Sundays. I like change so much it is rare to have a tradition in my life.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join