It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are your quirks?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Mine. . . . I just have to mix my mashed potatoes and blackeyed peas. . . .everytime!

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

Yer, there is nothing more exciting than "the sock lottery" in my opinion

Oh and when i said im all for holes in socks i should have been more specific.

Holes at the ends where toes could escape...HATE IT!
Holes around the rest of the sock...LOVE IT!
Hole by the heel...a grey area for me.

Take a gander at this:
The REAL history of the universe......

I dont fully understand it but somehow it all makes sense

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by HarlieQuinn

Well i shall check them out once i have finished with The Dark Tower series

As for the phobia.
Maybe it happened for a reason. One day you might be invited to go scuba diving and, on account of your phobia, decline.
Howeeeeeeeeeeever......
The people that go are savagely killed by some kind of sea creature that had lay dormant for a million years!

Thanks to your phobia you avoided certain death

*takes a moment out to think of those we lost*

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
I like to do nothing and let everything almost completely fall apart, so that I can then step in as the hero in my own drama and "save the day"!
I do that too. I wait for the universe, and if it doesn't come and help me.. then I will do something.

Yes, it's like being passive aggressive with God. I'm bad that way, but at the same time, it's good to rely on universal providence and allow some sort of acausal connecting principal to make itself known, and then you find the fine line of what action may be required, if any.
I'm running on an idea right now, without any action whatsoever, of ending up in a dream lifestyle within one year, at a place called "Saltspring Island" just off the souther tip of Vancouver Island (right now I live on the mainland in Vancouver), and become an artist, and maybe a writer, while having all my financial needs met through effortless part time "Headhunting" (my profession for many many years now), and then dropping that as my art begins to sell, or just making the odd calls here and there to keep the dough flowing in.

But right now, everything is just sitting, undone, by comparison, and I don't give a shiit to be honest, because I KNOW where I am headed, and have in my mind, and in my heart a clear, heartful vision of what I am wanting from the universe.

But I've still got to do the work, for the next six months to make that happen, and turn things around, so I've set the stage now for the Hero to return to the stage, in the drama of "My Life". It's great, when you begin to have faith.

The action is completely secondary, to what is being held continuously, in the mind and heart.

It could be called "The Lazy Mans Key To Success" - maybe I'll make that the Title of my first book!

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by seagrass

You sound like me!
All except the pear juice on bread part.... I laughed so hard at that

Let's see.
I play with my hair constantly. It's become sort of a subconscious thing now. I would always play with my dad's hair as a baby and the habit has followed me past my childhood and teenage years into my young adult phase. There is honestly no real, conscious reason why I do it, but I put it down to a feeling of comfort and 'being home'. . on some level.
I don't really know if it annoys people but I know that people are definitely aware of it. Like my housemate has commented on it a couple of times since i moved in at the beginning of the year. But she isn't really bothered by it

Also, when I'm in the car, i have a tendency to jig my leg up and down when i stop at the lights. THAT pisses people off

If there's anything else I remain largely unaware of it. I'll have to experiment, study myself up lol
I'll report back if I find anything.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Well, I have a thing with items having to be in a certain position. I always go around and move things even if it's just half an inch. I'm not obsessive about it though. Probably because I can be lazy when I'm at home. But I do glance at it a lot while sitting on the couch thinking about how much it is bothering me that it's "off kilter". I usually move it eventually if I walk by it.

But I'm not a total neat freak though. It's mostly just objects in there right place. If I don't want to clean, I at least organize the mess! Like the dishes--if I don't feel like doing them, I'll at least put all the silverware in a cup. Cups inside of cups and stack the dishes, put bowls inside of bowls, etc. Same with laundry. It's usually all over the room but I feel better if I at least get it into its own pile.

If I am arranging objects of different sizes, I have to have the tallest ones on the left and then smaller to the right. Sometimes I'll ALLOW a taller object somewhere in the middle for variance but it can't be taller than the first object. But if there are objects on the same surface but on the opposite side (say a dresser for example) then I have to have the largest object starting from the side that corresponds to the side they are on. So if they are on the left side of the dresser, the tallest starts on the left and vice versa.
I think it's mostly that I like arrangement and organization more than cleanliness. Things look chaotic if they are just all over the place in no particular order.

Geeze, I am weird now that I say this out loud...hahahahaha

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Me, scuba diving?! I get claustrophobic at the aquarium. My friend has a fear of clowns and so one day some other friends and I blindfolded her and took her to the circus for her birthday lol. She got me back by taking me to an aquarium lol. Was it worth it?...yes lol.

The Stand is an EXCELLENT book that I recommend to everyone. Also read the short story collection The Skeleton Crew. Stephen King is such an amazing in author IMO. I read The Stand every couple months lol.

[edit] for a hellacious spelling error

[edit on 8/1/2009 by HarlieQuinn]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by HarlieQuinn

"Firestarter" and "The Dead Zone" are also very good, they might help you with your "The Stand" addiction..

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Funny, I like to have everything disorganized, everything is on messy piles in my house, but I always know where everything is, I call it an organized chaos.

And i am paranoid with food, I always put my hand in front of my plate when someone’s talking to me on the table , and if some saliva comes out of their mouth into my plate , I separate the part of the food that it fell into , and I don’t eat that part lol , and I hate sharing food too.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by pretty_vacant

You sound like me!
All except the pear juice on bread part.... I laughed so hard at that

Let's see.
I play with my hair constantly. It's become sort of a subconscious thing now. I would always play with my dad's hair as a baby and the habit has followed me past my childhood and teenage years into my young adult phase. There is honestly no real, conscious reason why I do it, but I put it down to a feeling of comfort and 'being home'. . on some level.
I don't really know if it annoys people but I know that people are definitely aware of it. Like my housemate has commented on it a couple of times since i moved in at the beginning of the year. But she isn't really bothered by it

Also, when I'm in the car, i have a tendency to jig my leg up and down when i stop at the lights. THAT pisses people off

If there's anything else I remain largely unaware of it. I'll have to experiment, study myself up lol
I'll report back if I find anything.
Me too. leg jiggles and hair twirling. People tell me to GO at green lights. I must be on a different time dimension. I think it just turned green and should now move my foot to the gas...but the "GO" is like super fast and annoyed. Like they have been waiting for 10 minutes. I hate that. So, I patiently go or say "I'm going".

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dracodie
Funny, I like to have everything disorganized, everything is on messy piles in my house, but I always know where everything is, I call it an organized chaos.

And i am paranoid with food, I always put my hand in front of my plate when someone’s talking to me on the table , and if some saliva comes out of their mouth into my plate , I separate the part of the food that it fell into , and I don’t eat that part lol , and I hate sharing food too.
I know a girl who wont have lemon in her tea. She thinks it has been touched too much by some stranger who prepared it. Why the lemon? Why single it out? Why not lettuce or tomatoes? I don't get it? I squeeze my lemon into my drink and say "look!" and take a drink... cracks me up every time.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
Well, I have a thing with items having to be in a certain position. I always go around and move things even if it's just half an inch. I'm not obsessive about it though. Probably because I can be lazy when I'm at home. But I do glance at it a lot while sitting on the couch thinking about how much it is bothering me that it's "off kilter". I usually move it eventually if I walk by it.

But I'm not a total neat freak though. It's mostly just objects in there right place. If I don't want to clean, I at least organize the mess! Like the dishes--if I don't feel like doing them, I'll at least put all the silverware in a cup. Cups inside of cups and stack the dishes, put bowls inside of bowls, etc. Same with laundry. It's usually all over the room but I feel better if I at least get it into its own pile.

If I am arranging objects of different sizes, I have to have the tallest ones on the left and then smaller to the right. Sometimes I'll ALLOW a taller object somewhere in the middle for variance but it can't be taller than the first object. But if there are objects on the same surface but on the opposite side (say a dresser for example) then I have to have the largest object starting from the side that corresponds to the side they are on. So if they are on the left side of the dresser, the tallest starts on the left and vice versa.
I think it's mostly that I like arrangement and organization more than cleanliness. Things look chaotic if they are just all over the place in no particular order.

Geeze, I am weird now that I say this out loud...hahahahaha
Amazingly, I almost relate to what you are saying, except I would rearrange it in those orders as well as all others, even the extra tall one in the middle.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
reply to post by Bluebelle

Yer, there is nothing more exciting than "the sock lottery" in my opinion

Oh and when i said im all for holes in socks i should have been more specific.

Holes at the ends where toes could escape...HATE IT!
Holes around the rest of the sock...LOVE IT!
Hole by the heel...a grey area for me.

Take a gander at this:
The REAL history of the universe......

I dont fully understand it but somehow it all makes sense
Di Vinci lol. Must be something to it then. Socks with holes... I put my feelers around it and I don't like it. Places for larger bugs and spiders to crawl in, so it's a no go for me.
I don't put a lot of thought into socks.
I really hate when my toes get caught on loose strings though.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I don't really have any like many of the ones described. I guess mostly I've grown up not trusting many people and didn't understand why until a few years ago.

Apparently, I've been diagnosed as having DID or alternate personalites. Much of which have been related to missing time events. What's weird about it is that many times others around me also had missing time.

Maybe they were just playin' and I couldn't have handled the truth anyway. One time I recall I somehow ended up on the Howard Stern show over the company phone and he eventually offerred me a job. Actually, he offered the job to one of my alters.

Now that I've recalled many of these missing time events, I was supposed to as-if know what they knew, such as foreign languages and possibly hypnosis as-if a hypnotist?

So, I guess it's mostly deluded quirks or um........Quarks

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by aleon1018
I don't really have any like many of the ones described. I guess mostly I've grown up not trusting many people and didn't understand why until a few years ago.

Apparently, I've been diagnosed as having DID or alternate personalites. Much of which have been related to missing time events. What's weird about it is that many times others around me also had missing time.

Maybe they were just playin' and I couldn't have handled the truth anyway. One time I recall I somehow ended up on the Howard Stern show over the company phone and he eventually offerred me a job. Actually, he offered the job to one of my alters.

Now that I've recalled many of these missing time events, I was supposed to as-if know what they knew, such as foreign languages and possibly hypnosis as-if a hypnotist?

So, I guess it's mostly deluded quirks or um........Quarks

I think I have MPD but I don't black out or whatever and lose time. And they are all named the same. But man can I change personalities on a dime.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

I've recalled a few of the names, but one in particular seemed to be called on more often than others; Gabriel. But they usually called his name three times as if a name trigger. Kinda scary and some mentioned here it's possible relationship to the MK ultra program. I've recalled having had meetings with a few well known remote viewers when I was around 11 years old. As I said, too bad I haven't retained what they knew.

Yeah, I think many if not most people have different mood personalites that can shock others. It may be from growing up and instinctively emulating others like our parents. Not always a good thing either.

[edit on 1-8-2009 by aleon1018]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I categorize things. I'm not a neat freak, but I do like my spices alphabetized, and when I go grocery shopping, I sort like items into piles when I place them on the belt. I also have my closet organized by style of clothing (tshirts, button downs, jackets, sweaters...).

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I deduce that reading SK causes personality disorders.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass
I deduce that reading SK causes personality disorders.

Read the Dark Half by Stephen King. That is one hell of a MPD if you ask me!

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snooze
I categorize things. I'm not a neat freak, but I do like my spices alphabetized, and when I go grocery shopping, I sort like items into piles when I place them on the belt. I also have my closet organized by style of clothing (tshirts, button downs, jackets, sweaters...).
what's weird about that? makes perfect sense.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join