It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are your quirks?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
reply to post by seagrass

Orange/turquoise........ I like that too. Our house exterior is a fairly deep aqua/turquoise. Interesting (perhaps) that the wording in your avatar is orange. wink, wink. heh
Yes, I hoped you would notice. Actually I think of it as black and orange.. My school colors... GO BEAVS!

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass
LMAO. too funny. That would never happen at my house, and I would rearrange your sock drawer. Organize your bills and create a "nail space" in your bathroom. Would that bother you?

It really would! I put things in random places but it is organised... like the remote control for my tv lives underneath the sofa, but I always know where it is so its fine

Drawers sort of represent secrets don't they?

They really do - last year me and my friends were playing in our flatmates room, and in his sock drawer were 3 pairs of girls socks and a pair of girls knickers. Pretty strange considering up until that point he had never brought a girl back to his room

[edit on 053131p://f34Saturday by Bluebelle]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

wild chickens? Should be the name of your band.
I had no idea there were such things.

Well, in one sense chickens are domesticated birds. About an eighth of a mile away, an old walking trail was bulldozed several years ago, along with some slapped together boards and wire that had served as a person's chicken coop. She used to let the roosters roam anyway. So, since then several generations of chickens have been wandering around.

Now, I grew up with chickens, and don't like being around them, and I particularly resent the roosters that sound like they're strangling when they crow near the house at 2:00 in the morning. So, I find that an occasional blasting of the airwaves with various loud music keeps them away from the house. they have a water source, and ol' softie me, I feed them away from the house.

Wild chickens would be a GREAT band name! I wouldn't have to touch anyone, d'you think? LOL!

Has been fun and insightful........... Going to go cook a roast n' stuff.

Thanks for the thread Seagrass!

[edit on 1/8/09 by argentus]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluebelle

LMAO. too funny. That would never happen at my house, and I would rearrange your sock drawer. Organize your bills and create a "nail space" in your bathroom. Would that bother you?

It really would! I put things in random places but it is organised... like the remote control for my tv lives underneath the sofa, but I always know where it is so its fine

Drawers sort of represent secrets don't they?

They really do - last year me and my friends were playing in our flatmates room, and in his sock drawer were 3 pairs of girls socks and a pair of girls knickers. Pretty strange considering up until that point he had never brought a girl back to his room

[edit on 053131p://f34Saturday by Bluebelle]
You paint your toe nails so that would go with your socks. The bank statements are in there too... so you know how much money you have to buy more socks?? or that your bank statement is "odd" like your socks? How is that organized for you?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

wild chickens? Should be the name of your band.
I had no idea there were such things.

Well, in one sense chickens are domesticated birds. About an eighth of a mile away, an old walking trail was bulldozed several years ago, along with some slapped together boards and wire that had served as a person's chicken coop. She used to let the roosters roam anyway. So, since then several generations of chickens have been wandering around.

Now, I grew up with chickens, and don't like being around them, and I particularly resent the roosters that sound like they're strangling when they crow near the house at 2:00 in the morning. So, I find that an occasional blasting of the airwaves with various loud music keeps them away from the house. they have a water source, and ol' softie me, I feed them away from the house.

Wild chickens would be a GREAT band name! I wouldn't have to touch anyone, d'you think? LOL!

Has been fun and insightful........... Going to go cook a roast n' stuff.

Thanks for the thread Seagrass!

[edit on 1/8/09 by argentus]
like wild cats.. wonder how many generations it takes to become completely wild.
You feed them but scare them? lol
You need an orange shirt that says don't touch me. OR can't touch this...lol

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

My bank statements are odd. Money seems to dissappear from my account within about 2 days of it being put in, its all very strange.
Think I just put them in there because if I put them anywhere else they'll just dissappear into the ever growing pile of clothes/shoes/other paper-based paraphernalia I seem to have!

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

reply to post by amari

Very interesting Amari. That would seem to suggest to me a penchant for metered music -- classical perhaps -- and maybe an appreciation of precision in art... perhaps oils/acrylic rather than watercolor Not trying to cubbyhole you.... we're all just friends talking..

What kind of artist are you, if you don't mind my asking?

You are correct I do my best works with acrylics and do not like watercolors.

My style is more on the lines of mixed abstraction with realism and cubism

similar to Picasso's style but I will never ever put myself equivalent to him,

the Master. Every artist has their own style and signature brush strokes.

As far as the music I enjoy classical and modern Jazz along with Rock. ^Y^

[edit on 1-8-2009 by amari]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
When I see a car in front of me in traffic that is spewing smoke I curse and then turn off my air conditioner so I do not take in any outside air.

I also will cross the street if someone is walking next to me smoking a cigarette.

I am sometimes obnoxious when 2 people walk slowly side by side down a grocery store isle. I feel like pushing them down and stepping on them but I usually just kind of send out anger waves that they can often feel and they will part the way so I can get by just to get my vibe off of them.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

My bank statements are odd. Money seems to dissappear from my account within about 2 days of it being put in, its all very strange.
Think I just put them in there because if I put them anywhere else they'll just dissappear into the ever growing pile of clothes/shoes/other paper-based paraphernalia I seem to have!
I don't think that is that odd. Common really. At least for me.

I am sure I have an empty container you could put them in.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayouttheredude
When I see a car in front of me in traffic that is spewing smoke I curse and then turn off my air conditioner so I do not take in any outside air.

I also will cross the street if someone is walking next to me smoking a cigarette.

I am sometimes obnoxious when 2 people walk slowly side by side down a grocery store isle. I feel like pushing them down and stepping on them but I usually just kind of send out anger waves that they can often feel and they will part the way so I can get by just to get my vibe off of them.
I'm a smoker, do you not like me? Are you going to send me anger vibes? I send annoying vibes to people to, I have always wondered if it works.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I refuse to wear regular cotton socks. The socks I wear are always the ones with some kind of print on them and they never match. I also don't like my shoe laces to match.

I have a numerical...not obsession...well...maybe...I like 4's and 16's. When I chew gum I chew 4 times on each side. When I pack my cigarettes I pat them 4 times, about face the pack, pat 4 times, about face..and so on til the pat count has been 16.

I hate odd numbered stairs. I get irritated when the number of stairs is odd. I have to count stairs when I go up and down them and can't concentrate on anything else. I feel like I'm going to fall if I lose count lol. Like, there are 14 steps in my townhouse, there were 15 (grrr) at my last apartment, my old house I lived in with my parents had 16, the stairs leading up to a local courthouse has 34.

I'm terribly messy yet organized. I can tell where that form you need is under a massive pile of paper. I lose it if my "mess" is straightened up b/c I can't find anything.

I HATE talking on the phone. I would rather text someone than call them. And when I have to be on the phone I have to constantly pace. I cannot be still and talk on the phone haha.

I pat my pockets as well when someone asks for something. If someone is looking for something in their pockets I pat my pockets. Like my boss was looking for her cell phone the other day and started patting her pockets and I did my instinctually even though there would be no reason for her phone to be in my pocket.

I have a thing about writing pads, legal pads. I constantly take them from work. I don't do anyting with them but I just take them.

I'm sure there are more but I can't remember them. I guess I've made myself look crazy enough anyway haha.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
This thread has brought me to the astounding conclusion that SOCKS are the most important thing in the universe

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
My quirks? Up, Down, Top, Bottom, Strange, and Charm

On a slightly more serious note, I daydream a lot and sometimes am completely oblivious to my surroundings. Other times, I'm overly aware of my surroundings. I've made it my personal duty to kind of know alittle bit about everything with certain things that I must know everything about. Weird I know, but I haven't met a "normal" person yet.

edited to add I can't leave a message on an answering machine. I dunno why, some kind of awkward paranoia sets in when the beep goes off.

[edit on 1-8-2009 by Eitimzevinten]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I do not send smokers anger vibes. I send slow people who are in my way those vibes though. I just nearly die when I inhale cigarette smoke so I will cross the street to avoid it if I have to.

I have seen people react to my vibes a lot of times. It is not a conscious level reaction so they likely do not even understand their own reaction. One of those things my dad taught me. When my dad would vibe someone out I have seen them cross the street. He did not need to look at someone to do it either.

I think people can sense intentions. When you strongly think of stomping on someone who is in your way they get the message on some level.

Smokers who are not aware that their smoke is pouring in my direction offend me. I think if someone pollutes the air I am breathing they should be conscious of it and try and stay down wind. It is just rude to smoke out someone who is just trying to take a breath.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

They are, its a very emotional subject... on the whole, socks probably cause more drama than religion, politics and the economic crisis put together.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

They are, its a very emotional subject... on the whole, socks probably cause more drama than religion, politics and the economic crisis put together.

'whole,sock' just triggered something......SOCKS WITH HOLES IN!
What are your thoughts?

Personally im all for it

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I've also developed a phobia of marine life over the past couple of years. I used to love looking at science books with all the strange fish and other creatures but now I have trouble breathing when even thinking about those pictures now. I tried to quell that fear about a year ago and got a Beta Fish. A couple weeks into having it I noticed one day while it was in it's aggressive puffed up state. It scared the hell out of me and I immediately gave it away. I don't know why or how I developed the fear as I said I used to be just fine with fish.

A friend of mine took me to their relatives house once and when I walked into the living room, they had piranah (spell check) in a tank in the room. I couldn't go in the house for the rest of the night.

When I say I fear these things I mean I am extremely PHOBIC of these things. Not just "oh it's so scary" kinda thing. An "Oh my god I have to get out of here or I'm going to have a panic attack!" kinda thing.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by HarlieQuinn

It is strange how these quirks/phobias can just manifest from nothing. There must be a subconscious reason mustn't there?

'piranah (spell check)'......made me smile

Oh and im currently reading Stephen kings The Dark Tower series. Finished book number 2 today, the next one has already been ordered.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I cant say Im a fan of them, its so annoying if a toe manages to slip out of the hole!
However, I do have quite a few of them which I dont throw away for some reason.. Makes it a little more interesting when I pick what socks Im wearing because there's a chance I could come across one with a hole in

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

The books are amazing. I'm an avid reader of Stephen King, have been since I was in middle school. I loved the old RL Stine books before Mr. King. Little Sisters of Eluria is a short story in the book Everything is Eventual by Stephen King. If you are knowledgable on his other books there are a TON of tie ins included into the gunslinger saga^_^. The Dark Tower series is utterly amazing.

Off topic post over

But yeah, I don't know how that phobia came into being. It just happened one day.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join