It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is not an alien

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Ok im guessing we can all agree to disagree,. so to speak. but my original point was to mean that no matter what your beleif is, that there will always be more then one god in excistence!

Thankyou

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Alien Definition
God Definition
How do you know what you believe is true? ( beliefs are joust beliefs until they are prooved true)

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 01:56 AM
link   
How do you know that those definitions are true?

u ask me if i know my beleifs are true, well thay are only beleif's, not fact, much the same that those definitions are aswell.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by madwalrus911
How do you know that those definitions are true?

Strange Question. Well it�s a word and words got definitions, meanings�
it�s like to ask: How do you know definition of Cow is true? Well?!?!

u ask me if i know my beleifs are true, well thay are only beleif's, not fact, much the same that those definitions are aswell.

Yes, instead of joust believing and believe try to find more about your beliefs. Everything got some sort of truth. Maybe not the truth you expected�

[Edited on 11-5-2004 by Cardu]

[Edited on 11-5-2004 by Cardu]

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Look, my mamma was a Catholic, as is her family (I'm not just going on in ignorance) and I did not mean it quite that way...to the outside world, the Catholic has many Saints(with a capitol S) made from men, becoming the intercedant between Jesus/the Father, just as Jesus and the Holy Spirit were intercedants, i.e., man taking over God's job--little removed from being gods themselves, at that point. I was just pointing out that the "special saints" are not a part of every sect of christianity, and there were those that opposed it then, just as there is now. And it Does look suspicious when you go kneel to pray at Mary's altar when you get married...whether it actually is or not...it's just mainly a Catholic thing...

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Yes but not everything can have a truth, to fully understand what u must comprehend u must first be willing to use your mind to think of the right logic for the problem.

But what if the thing u are trying to find the truth on cant be defind by human standards, alien or god? who knows, it is much easy for humans to draw a line between both and say they are the same thing when they are a seperate issue all together.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Yes but not everything can have a truth, to fully understand what u must comprehend u must first be willing to use your mind to think of the right logic for the problem.

But what if the thing u are trying to find the truth on cant be defind by human standards, alien or god? who knows, it is much easy for humans to draw a line between both and say they are the same thing when they are a seperate issue all together.

OK so you understand that humans created the idea of God/Gods to explain that which was unknown to them.

And you understand that some people believe in one God while others believe in many gods and still others believe that any god is just an alien being from another planet.

My question to you is this: what is your point? Is this thread to discuss the idea that gods as humans know them are not alien beings from other planets or is the point of this thread to debate the plausibility of montheism? I'm not sure from your responses to the arguements put forth what you are driving at.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cardu
Alien Definition
God Definition
How do you know what you believe is true? ( beliefs are joust beliefs until they are prooved true)

To prove my point - every definition of the word alien can be used to describe God (or any gods). They all basically boil down to one definition: not of this place. So by use of these definitions, God is an alien.

Walrus -
We have to use these deifinitions, because they are human definitions and we are humans discussing a human topic. The definition of terminology has not been said to be at teh center of the debate. If it is, please specify the definitions you wish to use to continue this thread.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr No One
My question to you is this: what is your point? Is this thread to discuss the idea that gods as humans know them are not alien beings from other planets or is the point of this thread to debate the plausibility of montheism? I'm not sure from your responses to the arguements put forth what you are driving at.

the point of this thred is to discuss thats gods and aliens are two seperate things. What one beleives is up to them but u cant draw a god and say he is an alien, the concept of both things being the same is ludacres.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Pr 25:2 It is the glory of God to conceal a matter, But the glory of kings is to search out a matter.

Remember, John the baptist was a prophet, and counted as a wildman. Remember Christ was a manger-king. Both sentiments are crazy, but the faithful purport it true. Remember, God is certainly NOT contained by this world!

(Oh, the Book of Mormon(s?) purports that God has his own plannet, way out there, if I remember rightly, so, yes, some faiths hold to an Alien God, in it's fullest extent.)

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
God is not an alien. our creators were, more likely that not, alien to this world relatively speaking as opposed to the duck-billed platypus, the ardvark, and whatever the other crazy critters are before i totally loose my train of thought.

we are God. WE yes you and i chose to be what we are because we are god his hands, heart, and feet.

WE you and I made the decision to become what we are before we were ever spewed out of our mothers vagina or conceived inside her womb. every shroom, every salvia, every shrew, every human, had a choice to choose what life it is that we are living right GOD Dam................... NOw.

not that we watched some screen of all lives possible, not exactly but yes exactly just the same. death is freedom and diety. realization of yourself.

but that the lives that we lead right now right here just as have they , yes THEY have done throughout all of eternity and prehistory, determine what we DECIDE to become in the next life.

God is NOT an alien. God is bigger than any definition even the lousy definitionS that RELIGION try to give god.

well the we are god thing is extremely over simplified, so much so that i believe it is incorrect; a closer statement to the truth would be to say that all living, and probably even all inanimate objects, are sensory perceptors of god. God getting up in it, diving in tha dank, the hand with which the butt was spanked. but still i believe in our eternal soul and capability of recalling all our lives upon returning to the ONE state.

but i am just a feeble minded human and my brain cannot fully understand these things, althought i have seen some pretty moving things upon what i just said.

peace

[Edited on 5/13/2004 by panchovilla]

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Thankyou pacho somone finnally understood what i was trying to get across to everyone.

Thankyou.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr No One

the point of this thred is to discuss thats gods and aliens are two seperate things. What one beleives is up to them but u cant draw a god and say he is an alien, the concept of both things being the same is ludacres.

OK. Let's try it this way: All Gods are alien, but not all aliens are Gods. Does that make sense? Keep in mind that use of the term alien in the first part of that sentence is unto the definition "not of this world." Its really got nothing to do with personal beliefs. We hold these truths to be self evident.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Yes u say "not of this world" which means they are from another world, therefore gods cant be alien so to speak, mainly because gods are etherial beings by nature and etherial beings have no world, so to speak of gods as alien is neither wrong or right.

There is no right answer or wrong answer.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Being "etheral" is not but a transient state for most gods, including God. They all have a place where they exsist and it is not on Earth. The Norse Gods lived in Asgard, The Greeks in Olympus, God in Heaven, etc. That among their opther attributes makes them alien to us. So you see, there is a right answer (if you ask the right question).

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 01:52 AM
link   
i agree god isnt an alien

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Thankyou to all who posted your opinions in this topic

it has been a verry good argument from both sides.

Thanks again.

From

Madwalrus911

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Sylverwolfe

No he didn't make Eve from Adam, that was smoke and mirrors. He was a fake. He abducted us from our home planet (its in hebrews that we were exiled) interesting how all we know was for sins of some type. Used TGA (erased our memorys, aliens have always known how to do this) removed out higher abilities. Basically turned us into sheep, and thats in the bible in several ways as well. You have to look, I think things have been re worked. We were suppose to be just like Jesus and god, but cute how we never saw his face. This would appear to be a conspiracy. Watch my video on youtube. Search by "The 7 elements god" part one and two. I don't explain everything, but I hope you get the point. We got screwed, real bad.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by panchovilla

We only give him this credit because he turned us into sheep. He took our powers away. It's in hebrews. God screwed us, and hes not our creator. He's a mad scientist / alien on a power trip.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Ok im guessing we can all agree to disagree,. so to speak. but my original point was to mean that no matter what your beleif is, that there will always be more then one god in excistence!

Thankyou

Why is this even in the ET/UFO forum?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join