It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.F.O.`s French sighting.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Not sure if you guys have seen this beauty, but it certainly debunks itself from some of the common culprits ie weather balloons etc.........

www.youtube.com...

The lights do some very weird stuff.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Looks like aircraft to me. Helicopters perhaps. Around the midpoint of the video they are visible behind the spotlights.

[edit on 8/1/2009 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Seventh

Very good footage! not sure what to make of it..... don't think it's choppers not unless the military are messing around and it's not balloons or lanterns because of the way they move about and the formation which transpires so that leaves unidentified objects!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by Seventh

Very good footage! not sure what to make of it..... don't think it's choppers not unless the military are messing around and it's not balloons or lanterns because of the way they move about and the formation which transpires so that leaves unidentified objects!!!

At 1st I thought it may be choppers, but at times they are very close to each other, also i`m sure we would hear them. Wish I could understand French also lol.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Seventh

No sound because whoever is recording this is behind a window.... why would helicopters do that? Only reason i can think of is to fool the public into believing in ufo's.... the formation near the end is something six helicopters could perform..... it's a tough one

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Looks like aircraft to me. Helicopters perhaps. Around the midpoint of the video they are visible behind the spotlights.

[edit on 8/1/2009 by Phage]

I can see what you are referring to in the video, albeit that's not completely clear.

However I can't find any specific references to close-formation helicopter flying like this in France. I can see info regarding 1 or 2 helicopters flying close together during the day, but I can't see any info regarding 5 or 6 flying close together like that at night.

I wonder why that would be occurring. If there was a date attached to the video, perhaps it would be possible to chase down some sort of aerial display that was being held.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
No date, no location. Sigh...

I think it's one of the many sightings every year, usually the first Friday of July, exactly when the Patrouille Acrobatique de France (PAF) is training between Salon-en-Provence and Aix-en-Provence at night. Their jets have quite powerful lights. No UFO there.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Update: found it, it's the video from Saint-Saturnin-D'Apt July, 4th 2008. First Friday of July, as usual.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by nablator
Update: found it, it's the video from Saint-Saturnin-D'Apt July, 4th 2008. First Friday of July, as usual.

So what is it?

Jets, helicopters....?

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Alpha Jets (Dassault).

fr.wikipedia.org...

Same planes different year, first friday of July :
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by nablator

But........ at night?

There is no mention of that in that article.

Also, the lights in the video seem to move too slowly for that (well maybe.... it is hard to tell at a distance)

I humbly submit that's not a match

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
It's been discussed many times in french ufo forums. These videos have been debunked quite convincingly by e-mailing the PAF. The date and location matches perfectly with the PAF training at night every year, beginning of July, at the annual celebration for the new promotion of the Air Force Academy (Ecole de l'Air, Salon-de-Provence).

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by nablator
It's been discussed many times in french ufo forums. These videos have been debunked quite convincingly by e-mailing the PAF. The date and location matches perfectly with the PAF training at night every year, beginning of July, at the annual celebration for the new promotion of the Air Force Academy (Ecole de l'Air, Salon-de-Provence).

Well if it's established they train at night, that covers it off for me.

Thanks nablator.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
They seem to move too slowly because they are 5-10 miles away, and can't be heard. If you're interested (and read french) I can post screen captures of e-mails that were exchanged with the air force base of Salon-de-Provence.

A few pictures from the PAF web site:

At night
www.patrouilledefrance.com...

Position of lights on the Alpha Jet

The main light

Lights seen at an air show in daylight
cdn-www.airliners.net...

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I thought from the title that a UFO had spotted some French People!

Nice video, but all the UFO lights in the sky videos really prove nothing. They could be anything. If there really was something unusual going on in our skies we would have more videos like this one,

www.youtube.com...

And even then, surely someone would happen to be right underneath one of these objects from time to time. They always seem to be a few thousand metres from anyone with a video camera.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
This year's celebration :
opexnews.over-blog.com...
The second (very small) photo shows the Patrouille de France passing over them.

No UFO sighting at this date this year. There have been sightings in 1993, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2007 and 2008. Maybe they canceled the usual training session later that night... I don't know, they may be fed up of being harassed by ufologists!

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
It's a shame more threads can't be resolved in the same way Nablator and Sam resolved this one. Question-answer-evidence-question-evidence-conclusion-agreement

Excellent stuff.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
nice footage at all!!

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by nablator

Thanks nablator...... great pictures

That brings back some memories.....

Years ago I was in aircrew officer training at the base where our air force aerobatic team was located. They practiced nearly every day & used to be quite an enjoyable distraction!

However they never did any night-based displays like those French guys. That's awesome stuff.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
A similar "UFO" event with 14 planes in Santiago, Chile during a night training session:

Explained here (in spanish):

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join