It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God will not help you

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
It is clear that God is not there to help the people, but the people are left to help themselves as long as they can.

People suffer tremendously from different wars and weather disasters around the world. No matter who they are, they are not given a chance to live their life long if they live in an unstable location.

While the ruling elite rule the world, it is their actions that affect much of human kind. May it be World War I, World War II, the Vietnam War, Korean War, Afghanistan War, Iraq War, African wars and so on. They are all caused in the sole interest of the ruling elite. Does God have an affect on that? No. Even if God did try to help us in the past, he probably would have resigned by now.

Some of us are lucky to live in countries lacking conflict and war, others are unfortunate and don't have the chance to understand freedom but die instead.

I am grateful for my life, even if I will only achieve my goals by working hard myself. I need to use my own brain to reach my aims. If I want to work where I live, I need to make sure I know the language, the business, the overall skills to succeed. Can God help me to learn? No, only I can.

So in what way can God help us, if God actually does exist?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I understand how your observations of our world are in conflict with the traditional idea of a benevolent God.

The underlying problem is that humanity has a misunderstood and often contradictory notion of God, however, that does not preclude its "existence".

God is the entity which postulated this physical universe through a series of decisions, plain and simple. This universe is essentially a game, composed of space, energy, matter, and time. It is up to each of it to play it and win, as you alluded to in your post.

I hope your dissonance between the state of the world and the current concept of God does not lead you down the road to despair-there is much beauty to be seen in this world and beyond.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I was always under the belief that God helps those who help themselves. Thats why we have free will, to see who will actually do just that instead of laying about like rocks waiting for divine intervention.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I agree with you. God will not help us directly, but God may help us indirectly. I guess the best explanation is that God works in mysterious ways, so while we may suffer, the suffering is an catalyst for greater good that comes at a later date.

We think of the physical reality when we should think of the spiritual reality.

God gave us hands to fight, legs to run, minds to think, and yet we want more- we want God to do the work for us and that isn't possible.

We must do the work ourselves- Saying no to war... Planting and watering a fruit tree... Cleaning up a park of broken glass... Etc.

In an ideal world we wouldn't need God, because we would already have Heaven on Earth, but obviously there are evil in this world that needs some 'correcting' before this is allowed to happen.

The question is: When will we start 'correcting' this? God, after all, gave us hands to fight, legs to run, and minds to think!

When will we start using these gifts that God gave us to take back this world from the bad people on the top of the Godless pyramid?

I hope soon.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Thanks for having an open mind. It sickens me to see people who just outright won't even discuss this. Heres an analogy: God can open the door, but you have to walk through it. God can give you the potential to do anything, but you have to actually do it. If you wanted, say, more money, well you could pray to God about it. He isn't going to deliver a suitcase to your door filled with cash, but he might send a salesman for an up and coming company to your business. Your business buys the stock of the new company, and you make more money that way. Now of course, there are evil people in the world. I said "might" before because God doesn't have to answer your prayer with a yes. If some really evil guy wanted his coworkers dead (like seriously dead) God would say no to that. At least I'm pretty sure he would. It's up for debate about what his "will" actually is. Like Rorschach from Watchmen said, God doesn't make the world this way. We do.

new topics

top topics

join