It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ministry of Defense take UFO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
A pensioner from west Hull has described the terrifying moment when a metal object from the sky smashed through the roof of his house.

Peter Welton, 75, was in the bedroom of his home when he heard a loud bang.

The dark-grey round mass was the size of a football and weighed four pounds.

They sent round two police officers and a forensic investigation team who removed the object and took it to Priory Road police station.

He then received a call from the Ministry of Defence who said they would be collecting the item from the police station.

www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk...

So what do you think it was? A small meteor? Space Debris?

Im not sure why the news paper calls it a UFO though

[edit on 1-8-2009 by Haydn_17]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
just a thought but if it was a four pound object would it not have enough velocity to go right through the house? Also wondering if it was really that hot would it not start a fire?

Wonder if this one has a more mundane explanation such as an object falling from a plane? Interesting all the same. Anyone live near this guy and in a position to get a first hand interview. Be interested to hear more on this

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
It might be off a plane, but would that explain why it was so hot for about an hour? Objects dont burn up from plane distances, unless the part of the plane was near the engine and built up heat that way.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I am not giving the MOD anything until they repair my roof. Finders keepers and all that.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
very true but my thinking was that if it was just a meteor it would n`t have been collected by the MoD. A University or other institution would have been contacted instead. The MoDs involvement surely draws us towards the conclusion it was not just space rock??

There are airbases in suffolk which whilst not on the door step is not a million miles away from hull

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by cassini

Space objects - man made or otherwise - falls within the permit of the Ministry of Defence. Whatever enters our airspace is investigated by MoD and no other institution (unless the MoD requests)

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Here is the object

s421.photobucket.com...

Doesnt look like a plane part?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
The UFOs are melting.
Sorry, the fire balloons are melting.

Too bad he didn't go outside and look up for any UFO signs.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
where did the photo of the object come from? Did n`t see one on the original article. Agreed it does n`t look directly like a plane part but the object has some fairly regular sides etc and does n`t fit would I would think of as meteorite or other. Also you would have thought that a plane part or part from a UFO would have been fairly similar in some regards as they are (assuming the UFO is not a Biological one) both mechanical in nature.

Still not convinced that such an object would not have done more than simply stop in the loft on falling from the sky

Infinite, all of the articles I have read regarding meteorites and the like falling to earth in the UK have never mentioned the MoD but normally a donation of said object to a local or national institution. Not saying I`m right here (been wrong too many times to talk from arrogance or assumed rather than real knowledge) but can not find a reference to the MoD in others but would love to hear any you have. Tried to find reference somewhere to what the law would be but could n`t find anything

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Go to the article, click the arrow next to the picture of the old man looking up.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Mr Welton contacted Humberside Police to tell them about the mystery arrival.

They sent round two police officers and a forensic investigation team who removed the object and took it to Priory Road police station.

He then received a call from the Ministry of Defence who said they would be collecting the item from the police station.

Something doesn't make sense here. Why would the MOD contact this civilian telling him about their intentions/procedures?

If the item was in the Police station, it was under police control, why would the MOD need to inform this citizen about their next step? Especially since nothing else was required from the man.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Its a good point but could it be that what we are looking at here is what normally happens in local English journalism i.e. bad reporting? Could it well be the police who informed him the MoD took the object and this point has been lost in translation?

I`d go back to my original reply here and ask if there is anyone local to the area who could contact or visit the man? Surely would n`t be too hard to do. Getting the story first hand could well shed light on critical points in the story

top topics

join