It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Laser hit something solid!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I was in the garden a couple of nights ago playing with my new red laser, it has a range of about a mile going up, when it hits something the dot brightens, as i was swaying it around in the nights sky the laser for about 5 seconds hit something solid, i saw the bright red dot at the end of the beam light up, then it went back to normal.

I swayed it around the same area and nothing, i tryed pressing the button harder and lighter to see if that makes the dot bright up but it doesnt.

Now dare i say i hit an inivisible ufo going down my street ?

Whatever it was it was solid and long and moving.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Any clouds or low level fog? Any birds? I'm just throwing out ideas.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by GenRadek

Good ideas, i hadnt thought of that, it was a clear night and i dont remember any smoke or fog, might of been a bird but the dot lasted for about 5 seconds, would have to be a big bird.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Are you saying you could see the laser in the sky before it hit the solid object?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

The way it works is, i have a pretty powerfull laser pointer for star pointing, when you point it the sky at night it shows a long red beam coming from the pointer, when the beam hits a solid object within a 1 mile distance the end of the beam brights up, so something solid hit the beam to cause the end to brighten up.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Seems quite likely any UFO would have technology to make itself invisible, but nobody will
believe stories like this even if they are true.

Most people still think we are alone and it looks like it will be that way forever unless they make public contact themselfs. Nothing else will change the public's view.

[edit on 1-8-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

Seems quite likely any UFO would have technology to make itself invisible, but nobody will
believe stories like this even if they are true.

That might be because if we believed a story about invisible UFOs without considering the possibility that it might be something else, like a bird, or the story is made up, we'd be quite gullible. Believing anything doesn't take us to the truth.

I'd say it might be an invisible UFO, but it's way, way more probable that it was a bird or something else much more mundane. No way to tell for sure based on what we know about the situation.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Well, just for the fun of speculation, let us consider how cloaking might work.
And what mechanism would cause skylight to pass through (or be mirrored) yet a laser would not pass through/mirror?

Kind of bizarre since a laser is light as well.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Your laser probably hit a patch of relatively high altitude haze. Not exactly solid, but that would probably do it.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I was also thinking of maybe any electrical power lines overhead. Could have done a similar effect?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

You might be right, it hasnt happened since.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

You might be right, it hasnt happened since.

new topics

top topics

join