It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan Christians die in unrest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Pakistan Christians die in unrest

news.bbc.co.uk

Six Christians have been killed in religious unrest in Pakistan's central Punjab, after days of tension sparked by the rumoured desecration of a Koran.

The four women, a man and a child died as Muslim militants set fire to Christian houses in the town of Gojra, officials said.

TV footage showed burning houses and streets strewn with debris as people fired at each other from rooftops.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
blog.taragana.com

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Officials in the country are denying that Christians were being killed, but I think they are doing that to cover their own tails.
Christians are being killed increasingly in countries around the world. I wonder if our President will have anything to say about this, seeing hoe he has called him self both a Christian AND a Muslim on seperate occasions.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I just hope this doesn't escalate into something worse. I don't understand extremists of any religion. I'm sure the Koran doesn't accept murder.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Islam is a religion of peace and tolerance according to the Islamic PR folks. It would seem it is one of the more intolerant religions around and promotes violence on non-believers.
As a violence based religion, violence may be the only way to make an argument. Maybe the west should quietly ask the Imams to speak against the militants or risk losing a holy city or two.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
This is not an isolated event.
Here are a few of many examples that have happened recently.

47 Christian homes burned down because someone allegedly found a a few pages of a muslim book in a trash can.

Daily Times

LAHORE: A mob angered by charges of alleged blasphemy torched 47 Christian houses in Korian village late on Thursday night, forcing the Christian families to flee.

The Toba Tek Singh district village is home to around 500 Christians, however, most of the residents have abandoned their houses and are in hiding. Punjab Human Rights Minister Kamran Michael told Daily Times the government would act against those responsible, adding the aggrieved party would be compensated.

Tensions between the Christian and Muslim communities of the area rose after pages of an Islamiat book were found in the garbage outside a Christian house on July 26.

Christian girls are kidnapped and 'converted and married off'
Assyrian News

What the mother of two girls said -

"When I started to cry at the Mosque entrance, one of them came to me and said 'Listen, mother of Amira, I am warning you not to report the abduction to the police or do anything, the price will be your son Meena (9 years old) being slaughtered in front of your own eyes. I am not threatening, I'm talking seriously.'" He further said "Listen, your daughter Amira will convert to Islam next Friday, and we are now preparing her for that. Now go home and stay indoors until everything is quietly over."

Are you Christian and play soccer? Then prepare to be blown up!
Jihad Watch

JAKARTA, July 30 (UPI) -- Britain's Manchester United soccer team was the target of a bomb attack on two Jakarta hotels two weeks ago, a prominent Indonesian terrorist suspect claims.
An Internet message allegedly from Noordin Mohammed Top claimed responsibility for the bombing at the Ritz Carlton and Marriott hotels that killed seven people because the Ritz was about to host Manchester United ahead of an exhibition match.

"These players are Christians, so Muslims should not honor and respect these enemies of Allah," said the message, posted on the Web site blogspot.com, The Times of London reported....

Christian pastor hacked to death, 5 Christian churches destroyed
Persecution Org

It's not just the Christians that get nailed - Hindus suffer as well
Asia News

Dhaka (AsiaNews) – A group of Muslims attacked four Hindu-owned houses after ransacking a Hindu temple in Narsangdi District, about 50 kilometres from the capital Dhaka. The episode occurred at night on 25 July in a village called Charsindhu.

The armed attackers from the local Muslim community stormed a local Hindu place of worship. Local Hindus came running to protect their temple but were beaten up instead. Eventually the attackers turned against the houses of some of the Hindus. Five people were eventually hospitalised

Attacks by Muslim groups against Hindu and Christian families are frequent, especially in the villages. In many cases the culprits are not pursued by the law.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Is that not always the case that they need some excuse like burning the Koran to go round killing more people or causing riots, they think they are holy and stick up for holliness only to kill the true faith in which theirs orgiated from. It happens all the time and no one really covers it, its just a sad fact of life in those parts of the world.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
It is the job of all muslims to kill Christians and Jews according to the Quran. The mullahs and clerics preach that rule loudly and often.

The Iranian woman who was killed in the recent protests in Iran was a Christian. Neda Soltan was a Christian. The mainstream media isn't running with that story and Iran doesn't want anyone to know this fact.

top topics

join