It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange things that happen to you since joining ATS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Recently ive found a lot of odd things have been happening since I started getting into Conspiracy theory websites. It started out with white transit vans being parked on the road overlooking my house and with the front looking into my window (one occasion I saw someone with Binocs looking directly at my location, although im some 1/4 mile away from the road.)

More recently only yesterday infact I had a Black Ops van (completely black with darkened windows) go up the road and follow me before turning left as I noticed it, my initial reaction was to dismiss it, but WHY would it want to be in this part of the world where nothing goes on anyway except the odd UFO sighting.

And today theres been 2 Powercuts, one when I was asleep and one just 15 minutes ago that lasted 30 minutes. No notice was mentioned that there'd be work done on the power an why have the powercuts over a weekend anyway? The strange thing was the second time when I was awake I saw the Internet Connection go from Excellent to Nothing in the space of seconds right before everything shut off. Even my MP3 which had some battery inside it was out of power. Now it could simply be the government conducting EMP tests using the AWACs system seen before in March, or a simple Geomagnetic ground anomalie, but why now?

Strange things indeed.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

Why would they be after you?
Are you saying it must be related to ATS.
What threads are you posting on?

The only odd thing that has happened to me since being on ATS is that I seem to lose track of time, sometimes I fall asleep in the middle of an arguement about Aliens and Now every time I hear an English Accent I think David Ike is behind me.

Also Whenever I watch the News now, I often wonder, hmmm I bet that presenter must be a reptilian shapeshifter, she looks different today.
Only later do I realise the change in appearance is Botox and a boob job.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
About the only thing that has happened to me is my wife yelling that I'm spending too much time on the computer, and that I should pay more attention to her.

When I accused her of being a reptilian shape-shifter, I had to sleep on the couch. . .

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

You may be paranoid. We get power cuts all the time, just the crappy electric company!! Why dont you take a break for a week and shut off the tv, radio, internet ATS and see how you feel. I bet you would feel alot less paranoid.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I`ve been here a while and can quite honestly say that nothing has happened. I used to get paranoid about the helicopters I used to see until someone pointed out a new airport had opened near by. Can only suggest if you see lots of white vans near by, you have an amorous builder following you....

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

HAHA, I have yo agree with you Mike, but so far no couch for me.....YET. For now she is just content to roll her eyes and laugh at some of the theories I tell her about here. Im thinking she's a dis-info agent working for some ultra secret government group. lol

So far nothing strange has happened to me either unless you count my usual opened mindedness closing firmly shut after reading threads about the Galactic Federation of Light or the self deluded "I am an Indigo and im more special than you" threads.

CX

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Well i've been here for about 5 years now, and nothings hapened to me as far as i'm aware.

A few funny clicks now and again on the phone, but i guess that could be anything.

As for vans, two a penny in any location and just because the windows are blacked out, that doesn't make it "black ops". In fact, i don't think i've ever seen a covert vehicle with a stereotypical "black ops" look to it.

If i were you i wouldn't worry too much, i think you can get a good dose of paranoia if you take everything on this site as gospel.

I'd say that as long as you are not posting stuff thats likely to highlight you to the authorities, then the PTB would be interested in less that 1% of this sites members.

I swear that there are far too many people here who take this website's title far too seriously. You are not all that important, and certainly not part of some black ops surviellance op.

CX.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Absolutely nothing 'strange' has happened to me as result of my reading and participating in conspiracy sites (including ATS)

Lots of paranormal events occurred spontaneously throughout my life prior to my having access to internet.

As result of my spending so much time on computers, the paranormal activity has ceased virtually altogether, possibly as result of irregular sleep.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

No one is watching you, and the fact that you visit this website shows you have a healthy case of paranoia to begin with. (we all do)

But lets pretend that you were being followed or watched, surveilance today does not require clumsy vans to tail you around, all the surveilance they would ever need would be completely undetectable to you anyways.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I don't know if it is a direct result of ATS but now.............

Beautiful women find me irresistible!

All stinging insects leave me alone!

I can now speak in tongues

My bald spot is filling in with new growth.

I wish it would help my spelling

[edit on 1-8-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Since I'be been on ATS, I've become suspicious and skeptical of everything.

I've recalled having 'had known' about present stories from posts and threads as if from some past psychic or remote viewing I've had long ago or most vividly around 6/21/91 So many which are now faded away like some retared psychic that forgot their lines in some scripted event or program.

I've recalled having met John Lear around 10 years ago after I had been a call in on the radio back then with Howard Stern....which had supposedly offerred me a job with him. So embarrassing.

I've recalled having met many well known people during my life. But the memories just don't fit with the history we all know of and have since become skeptical of everything except bad luck. Plenty of that to go around.

I've learned I've yet to want to bother to start my own thread on MY STORY. Maybe I'm still just a procrastinator.

I've also learned a funny new twist to an old word; " ATSHOLES "

Something for everyone here.....even if you just use your imagination.

" The candyman can " ( Willy Wonka conspiracy, welcome to ATS members version)

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
About the only thing that has happened to me is my wife yelling that I'm spending too much time on the computer, and that I should pay more attention to her.

When I accused her of being a reptilian shape-shifter, I had to sleep on the couch. . .

LOL, thanks man you had me laugh out loud on that!!

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Have to say nothing really weird has happened to me actually. Well I saw my first UFO a few months after joining ATS, and there's this lot in the back of my house that these cars come and just park there for hours sitting in there car but I dont know. Wouldnt say it was the CIA watching me.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Unless you uncovered absolute 100% proof for 9-11 being an inside job or the moon landing as a hoax, and you posted it online, I don't think they're going to mess with you. The 1st Amendment still exists, grudgingly as the government may admit.

It's called "delusional disorder" my friend. Look it up. The intelligence agencies don't have the manpower to watch a bunch of people who post on the internet, trust me. Might wanna take a break from the bong for a while. Just sayin'.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Jess_Undefined

I would say you're more likely to be followed by the FBI.

Unless you're part of an underground crime organization or have some extreme fringe ideas that just happen to be correct 9 times out of 10, I wouldn't worry about it.

Now people like Alex Jones who wake up hundreds of thousands of people to government corruption, you can bet dollars to donuts they're being followed everywhere they go.

A lot of stuff like "black vans" and "power outages" is grasping at straws. Seems to me you're like that X-Files poster on the wall in Mulder's office that says "I want to believe."

All they have to do is tap your phone and read your internet history and emails if they want to spy on you. They can do that from a remote location. They would more likely do that first, and then realize you're not a threat, just someone that uses their brain. Last time I checked, being smart wasn't a crime, but who knows what the future holds.

There is nothing illegal about speculating that the government might be up to no good, and who can blame us. The founding fathers advocated revolution. We're spoon fed revolution in school and told to stand up for freedom and democracy.

"Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

-Thomas Jefferson, Declaration of Independence, 2nd paragraph

I would be more worried about this type of stuff:

Spy blimps that can supposedly see through walls - www.infowars.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 1-8-2009 by northexpedition]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jess_Undefined
Have to say nothing really weird has happened to me actually. Well I saw my first UFO a few months after joining ATS, and there's this lot in the back of my house that these cars come and just park there for hours sitting in there car but I dont know. Wouldnt say it was the CIA watching me.

Thats weird, I also saw my first (and only) UFO about a year after joining ATS. normally I would guess most people see a UFO and come looking for this site, I came looking for the site and the UFO found me.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by patientobserver

I expected the same thing! I had never saw anything close to a UFO before. and then after a few months on here I actually got to see one. It was pretty cool.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jess_Undefined
reply to post by patientobserver

I expected the same thing! I had never saw anything close to a UFO before.

Sorry, but what is close to "an UFO"?

Lov ya!

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by northexpedition

Exactly. Most people aren't important enough for surveilance and it's expensive.
Next time you see the vans go knock on the window. Take pepper spray.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by weedev

Meaning I saw a UFO for the first time, and before, I hadnt even saw anything that would be even close to a UFO. Meaning I had saw nothing strange at all in the skies before, and suddenly I saw an actual (Or so I believe) UFO.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join