It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

30 Alternative Wonders of The World

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
We used to do that during night dives. Turn off all lights, and waves your arms back and forth under the water, and the plankton would light up like sparks. Very cool, didn't realize an entire bay of the things existed.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Beautiful places...

S&F for this great informative thread

And ye..."thx"...now I want to visit more places in my life

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Have not seen a single one of those in person (have seen a decent bit, but nothing like those)...I will add those all to my list of things to do before I die!!!

Amazing pictures. Hopefully when I am old (and hopefully rich and retired with nothing to do), I will go to each of these locations!

Or maybe even hit some of them sooner...

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Scope and a Beam

An awesome thread!

To me, this one is the most extraordinary! No Thunder!

Catatumbo’s everlasting storm, Venezuela

Remember the saying that lightning never strikes in the same place twice? Forget that. A remarkable site at the mouth of the River Catatumbo, branching off Maracaibo Lake in western Venezuela, is the stage for an amazing lightshow on average 150 nights a year, totalling a million flashes annually. Oddly though, no thunder follows the lightning. The bizarre phenomenon is found nowhere else on Earth, and is thought to be the single biggest generator of ozone on the planet.

I think this is very much a great example of how the earth is a living being, trying to fix its outer skin. A nice thought indeed.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Absolutely stunning is all I have to say. S&F from me, not to mention a few more items of interest for my bucket list.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
simply stunning

if i were to make a bucket list someday, more than half of theese would def be on it, along with like 10-20 other sites, lol. so much to see..

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
instead of finding ways to bring everyone to these different places, the world finds ways to destroy the chance for everyone to see.

The world is so filled with endless beauty: what are we to see once we leave? oh man.. If there's ever a reason to become "rich" these pics are it for the reason of affording travel.

thanks for the visual vacation

b

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Thanks for an awesome picture show...
These are absolutely beautiful, I have never seen these before.
There is no telling what else is out there that hasn't been discovered.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
These are absolutely amazing.

S + F

The pictures make me want to go travelling and see the world. It is a shame that such beauty is often lost due to mankind.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Quite interesting...thanks!

National Geographic did a documentary on the Crystal Caves. A bunch of scientists went down in there, figured out what makes it tick.

At some point in the future they will flood the cave again to prevent damage to the crystals.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
GREAT POST

S&F

wouldnt it be nice to have the time/money to visit all these sites?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Omg These Were Amazing XD I Would Like To See These All One Day, So Hopefully The Humans Wont Destory It Before I Get A Chance To ;P

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Satchmo Bevins
Quite interesting...thanks!

National Geographic did a documentary on the Crystal Caves. A bunch of scientists went down in there, figured out what makes it tick.

At some point in the future they will flood the cave again to prevent damage to the crystals.

huh? whywould they flood the caves.. on top of that, HOW?
where did you hear this? I watched the documentary and that's not right at all..

b

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Those pictures shows how beautiful
our mother earth is. I'd never trade planet like this for any other. I just hope one day we'll understand variety and uniqueness of our planet and find unity in it's diverseness. That would be something

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
These are amazing places and it is an interesting article.....

That is exactly what I thought when I read it on MSN Travel last week.

I see that you were good enough to copy it word for word and all the pictures, you should have cited your source and not tried to pass this work off as your own.

travel.uk.msn.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
What a wonderful world these wonders willfully whisk without want while wasting no whim to wander the wind.

Really cool post OP. I have never heard of the majority of these beautiful locations. Thanks for bringing such beauty to us all.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DeepCoverUK

He used quotes, he just forgot to add the link I think. He would not have used quotes if he was passing it off as his own.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DeepCoverUK

lol I clearly said further down that I got it from there but I'd already closed the link before I went to post the source, now though I can thanks.

Thanks for the comments everyone, no problem.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
wow thanks for postin' up the pics. best posts i ever seen

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
wow great find!! thank you so much

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join