It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abraham was a Sumerian priest of royal descent.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
transcendpolarisation.webs.com...

This page will focus on the Western and the Middle Easten religions. Judaism, Christainity and Islam are 3 religions that have dominated the thought systems, including, morality, laws, social standards, cultures, education, government etc, for most of known history since the collaspe of the ancient Roman civilisation. These 3 religions and the people and regions that they dominate have a polarised good, evil and a linear beginning and end mentality of time, unlike the religions in India, China, Japan, the Mayan civilisation and other anient civilisations etc, which have the viewpoint that polarities, such as good and evil are just illusions and have a non linear cyclical view of time.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MayorOfCydonia

While I am leaning more towards the Eastern religions, I beg to differ re good and evil.

Surely they are facts in our world?

Murder = evil

Child abuse = evil

War = evil

Abuse of anyone = evil

Allowing people to starve = evil (time for rich nations and rich people to have a rethink)

Helping others = good

Compassion = good

I don't know what went wrong, but this world is on the wrong track.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
It's like lord of the Rings, little Frodo against the tyrani of the bad rulers.

Think thats what tolkien tried to say, the shift between ages, next one is the Ages of Iron, I think..

Iron,bronze,silver and gold, which suposedly ends now, and were back to the Age of Iron.. in that order...

new topics

join