It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will it take for you to Stop Believing!? (Deity)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Ok so i've become overwhelmingly frustrated with the lunatics, that say that until, I provide (or any numerous of people) a 100% factual object, place noun here, that disproves there being any god out there.

Now I can debate you, and for the most part win, that the Judeo god, hindu gods, alla, and others, are all hypocritical sadistic, bipolar, gods. That do what they preach againsts, and disprove themselves in the same text that many people believe in them.

There seems to be more, and more, and more substantiating evidence, mounting that Deities and such, are not real, or not at all how depicted in ancient texts.

Yet, here comes the uprising of agnostics.

"Well, the judeo god may not be a real god, but I still believe in a god, I feel obligated to, and until you disprove this being that I know nothing about, I will keep believing in him". What the hell? What is that? Honestly, this is your rebuttal, that somehow your thinking process' became retarded.

Or the oh so common, Well how do you explain the universe being here, how do you explain that you atheist!?

Well why does it need a deity? Why does the universe have to have a creator! If it has a creator, who created the creator!?

And then the next rebuttal is, well GOD! is an infinite being, he is the alpha and the freakin omega! He is not bound by time (but has male genitalia, for feminists i'll put she with it) He/She has been and always will be, for eternity.

Well that's just friggin fantastic! But then again, why can't the universe be the same, why does it have to be a person?

I think this video here, it's long I warn you, sums it up abit. This is a hyperlink, how cool!

Now, i'd just like to know, why the world needs a creator?

Some people claim well we have conciousness, ergo there must be a god. Why? Cheetahs run fast, does that make a god real? Beavers build dams, does that make a god real? Water flows, does that make a god real? Bacteria feeds, does that make a god real? Protein exists, does that make a god real? There is a universe in which we live in. AN EXTREMELY LARGE FRIGGIN HUGE AMOUNT OF SPACE! Does that make a god real?

Why do people feel this insistent urge to believe they were created, purposely or unpurposly?

Were you not loved enoughed by your parents, to loved, the kid in school picked on you all the time, so you felt comfort in knowing the CREATOR of the friggin universe, loved you, and created you, does that make you feel better, because it doesn't make a creator real. It makes an imaginary friend still imaginary.

Why do people feel an insistent urge to believe that they will live forever?

I'll stop the thread, because many won't read the whole thing.

But this are questions that need answers by those especially here on ats to answer.

And don't be that indian giver and just come back at me with questions. I'll take em, but there particularly annoying.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I think that the bible is just a story book that people took too seriously.

From my frist sentance you can determine that I don't believe in God.

I think that god believers are just "weaker" persons who needs God to have trust in themselves, no offense.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Dude, quantum mechanics tell us everything in the universe is linked together. We are living inside the Matrix, a giant quantum computer that is God. According to quantum mechanics everything Jesus did is possible. We live in a multiverse man. Jesus can jump from multiverse to multiverse. That is how he resurrected and left and that is how he will return. You need to seek enlightenment my friend and let go of your anger. It is going to kill you someday. Now I am going to run off to mast...a meditate and find my inner oneness with the quantum computer.

[edit on 8/1/2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

Your post reminds me of a self-claimed non-medicating schizophrenic I used to follow online --- who made the unforgettable comment: ' We are God's brain-cells ' Summed it up in one. Of all the thousands of posts I've read since then, his alone struck me as true brilliance

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Vaast
reply to post by grapesofraft

Your post reminds me of a self-claimed non-medicating schizophrenic I used to follow online --- who made the unforgettable comment: ' We are God's brain-cells ' Summed it up in one. Of all the thousands of posts I've read since then, his alone struck me as true brilliance

By that standard I would suppose that the god he spoke of was a retard with a helmet for protection.

The god would be that of such illeteracy that he couldn't of proclaimed such a universe as this.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I am kind of interested to see Republican's question answered by ANYONE.

What type and amount of evidence would it take for someone of Religious faith to stop believing?

The Answer?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TurkeyBurgers
I am kind of interested to see Republican's question answered by ANYONE.

What type and amount of evidence would it take for someone of Religious faith to stop believing?

The Answer?

They are never answered! lol, probably for good reasons too!

I would explode if I got a legitimate answer, or a comical one at that. I never get an answer though, just friendly atheist or help me out in my POV.

Then the religious guys who attack me personally, or on my writing style, or change the topic to something else.

This time its' personal (james bond music cues in)

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I think that they will never stop believing.

It's just like music, when you're younger, you like different kinds of music, when you get older, you start liking a specific kind of music, then everybody can say what they want, you'll always find something to say to back what you like.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Deep Thoughts

I think they sense that, their ideas of what their god is, is changing and being rebuked and proven wrong, at least for the most part.

Thus their now clinging to Agnosticism, to reclaim what they believe.

Or their claiming christianity and islam as right, but interpretated wrongly, thats how you get catholicism and methodist and so on and so forth, because ultimately their interpretation is always the greatest interpretation.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Back to the main point of the thread ultimately.

WHAT WILL IT TAKE FOR YOU TO GIVE UP YOUR BELIEFS.

What is it, what evidence what will make it faulter.

This is especially aimed at the agnostics.

Those that linger on the edge or the steadfast ones that cannot be taken down, but in my eyes, are healthy enough and sick enough to be in a straight jacket.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   

What would it take an Atheist to believe? The answer is the same both ways, factual proof. We should not be worried about proving or disproving a God. The Universe is something so complex and so intertwined that us humans, as we are, have a hard time imagining all the possibilities. That is the way a God is to a believer. Something so complex, not to be fully understood until death. We must accept that people do not know everything, I mean... we haven't even sent a man to another solar system or even another planet (as far as we know). Our knowledge is still relatively primitive.

I have a question for you personally, actually for all Atheists, would it bother you if there is some form of a God?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   

There is nothing that will make me change my beliefs. I have seen a glitch in the Matrix so I know it is real. I was talking to my girlfriend and her face went all fuzzy like a tv loosing reception. It only lasted for a split second but from that point on I KNEW!

link   
I think GOD is a more of a term than an individual, and i feel its up to the individual to find for themselves what GOD means to them. I myself do not follow any religion, i just believe in what i believe is right. Now what i believe i do not force onto others, i just keep it to myself and only share if asked. To me i have all the proof i need in what i believe, no one can change my minds.

I don't believe in any of the things you stated in your OP, my views are very nontraditional.

to each his/her own.

THris thread will lead to a discussion possibly, but in the end you will be no closer to answering or understanding anything, and the fact of the matter is people wont change their minds or even think over their blind views, its really a waste.

[edit on 1-8-2009 by phi1618]

link   
reply to post by asmall89

Okay, you've managed to entirely P me off by asking a question obviously not reading the OP.

Nonetheless, I will try and answer, with another question! boo yah.

It's a real question though, can you elaborate on your question to my question?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by phi1618

THris thread will lead to a discussion possibly, but in the end you will be no closer to answering or understanding anything, it really a waste.

Whats wrong with a discussion.

Why do you feel that a discussion on religious beliefs is a waste.

Why, because it's been breed into you, 'dont talk politics or religion!' it's taboo. its a no no.

Get over it, discussions lead to higher intellect. Tells me a bit about your character if your against them, no offense.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

If his questions were in logical succession, perhaps someone might bother.

But he jumps from one assumption to the next, arbitrarily, based on his OWN assumptions about virtually everything, including what he presumes to be other's beliefs and reasoning.

So why would anyone bother responding -- when he's of the belief he knows it all and isn't prepared to consider any other point of view but his own.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Nope, breeding has nothing to do with it, has to do more with trends. These discussions are circular and people dont change their minds or consider. People will do anything to protect their beliefs even if they are wrong, its human nature.

IN the context of an online forum such as this one, its a waste.

unless you bring proof of something of course
and philosophy doesn't count.

[edit on 1-8-2009 by phi1618]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I for one could care less if there is a god or not. I find it hard to believe someone on this forum would question anothers belief in something that has no proof and not question the belief on the NWO/aliens and other such nonsense. Thier beliefs have just about enough proof as these others. Supposed eyewitnesses, pictures and other things...you can honestly bitch and moan about thier beliefs and not question the other beliefs on here. If someone believes in God let them....all you can do is offer your opinion and nothing else. If it was possible to change anothers beliefs then the skeptics on this forum would have done it long ago.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I do not think anyone will give you an answer in the form of what exactly it will take to make them not believe.

I think you are going to hear either "nothing will make me change my mind" or you are going to have people change the subject by avoiding the question any way they can or just simply have people telling you what they believe and why.

It will take a pretty brave person to say exactly what will get them to disbelieve their own faith.

You are basically pulling a Morpheus on them. Holding out pills and asking them to choose.

The question itself is forcing people to come face to face with what they believe and why they believe it. Not many people can handle even considering that God does not exist , let alone what it would take to prove that God doesn't exist!

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join