It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 And The BBC Conspiracy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
911 and the British Broadcasting Conspiracy is a recent documentary by Adrian Connock and David Shayler about the BBC's selective and distorted 911 coverage. With particular reference to the Conspiracy Files program that aired on BBC Two on February 18th 2007, which was highly critical of "conspiracy theories." This video systematically outlines the failure of what should have been the world's most-trusted source of news.

(click to open player in new window)

Part One - Part Two - Part Three - Part Four - Part Four

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Star and flag. We need to keep on asking questions. Keep exposing the biased main stream media's bias.
If we don't, the truth about anything will never be known to us. It is already hard to believe anything the msm reports.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Superb video.

I have watched this previously about 6 months ago, and I also watched the original BBC documentary when it was aired.

I must admit that I have always held the BBC in high regard for its documentary work... HOWEVER, this piece of crap(the original BBC doc) is a one sided hit-piece.

Here is part of the BBC mission statement

Trust is the foundation of the BBC: we are independent, impartial and honest.

mission statement

Everyone should watch the above video(s) and see for themselves how the BBC failed to publish a fair and unbiased documentary.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by x TAM x

Interesting how Brits who post on this site can still refer to their/your primary TV news outlet in someway as a respected institution, when the minority of we Americans who can think and feel well enough gave up on that notion a long time ago; especially concerning the original 5 major networks including PBS. We need a global media revolution...

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
The BBC must be exposed for the government propaganda machine that it is. I've seen many bbc documentaries that look very well researched and presented on the surface, yet anyone who has deeply researched the subjects covered within these programs will see that the bbc has clearly spun and missed out vital information in order to influence their audiences judgements who haven't taken their time to do their own research. And to top it off we have to buy a TV license because of the BBC. In other words, we have to pay for this cr*p!

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Great video!

Originally posted by x TAM x

Here is part of the BBC mission statement

Trust is the foundation of the BBC: we are independent, impartial and honest.

mission statement

Bull bull bull bull! I've completely given up on their one-sided fear mongering ways. It's just a damn mouthpiece these days, with no balls or sense.
Oh for the good old days of broadcasting, when you actually got balance and learned something! But no, it's just been a wave of dumbing down and psy-ops, trying to find people to blame and worshipping the aggressive government!

@SpaceMonkeys, good call on the TV license, it's completely redundant in this age, with so many free channels (yeah they're kept afloat by advertising, but you can just tune that out), and the fact that the BBC is about 1% of the channels available, it should be done away with!

I just feel fear and loathing towards it, and the posted video just completely highlights it! I'm buggering off to Iceland, start a new life and hopefully keep it out of the EU too!

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Dean Goldberry

The BBC do make some good documentaries...usually with David Attenborough though
As for their news,i watch it all the time.Quite easy to see through the BS with the internet at your fingertips!
They are not credible in that regard at all.Practically all of mainstream journalism is dead and buried.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I cannot view any of the ATS Video or Media stuff, which is a shame cause theres some good stuff thats only here.

When I click on a video I get a blank screen with a boarder like for the video, but it just stays blank, no play button nothing. I've waited a good 5-8 minutes, thinking maybe it's a slow buffer, but still nothing.

Does anyone know exactly what apps I need installed to view these videos.

I'm running WindowsXP home, and the latest version on IE.

Any help would be great appreciated.

Thanks for any help.

**oh also, if I click on error in the bottom left of IE I get "AdServerURL" is unidentified, and "Media_ID" is unidentified. If this helps at all.

[edit on 1-8-2009 by Nola213]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Perhaps the last vestige of media truth and aversion to corruption has categorically disappeared with that stinking documentary the BBC did on 9/11. The agenda was clear: support the US Official Story in any way possible, and demonize and trivialize the 9/11 truth movement as crackpots. I saw it quite a while back. And so dies the BBC, going down in a flaming heap of jet fuel fires that should never have collapsed steel structured and iron clad self claims of impartial journalism.

But one thing was curious to me in this film here. David did not include the BBC's own attempts in a later documentary to exonerate themselves from and attempts to explain their broadcast of the collapse of WTC7 20 minutes before it actually collapsed! That was even worse, and a foolish attempt at covering up their own apparent complicity with the perpetrators to spread disinformation and lies as part of the aftermath.

I don't know at what point in history news was ever allowed to become entertainment and propaganda. It has been reduced to a mere tool for the evil, truly evil cabal of the few that has infected every once credible organization of the many.

This evil must be rooted out and cleansed. Or the rest of the world will not survive as free people. You who sit next to evil on a daily basis will have to make some hard choices, or perish contemplating them.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dean Goldberry
reply to post by x TAM x

Interesting how Brits who post on this site can still refer to their/your primary TV news outlet in someway as a respected institution, when the minority of we Americans who can think and feel well enough gave up on that notion a long time ago; especially concerning the original 5 major networks including PBS. We need a global media revolution...

Personally, I am compelled to thank you for reminding me that while I may be in the minority in my immediate vicinity, there ARE people out there, like yourself, who are obviously alert to the dangerous situation we have allowed to develop here in the United States.

The media has been increasingly abused by those who can. And somehow, since they don't report on it, we assume it's not the case.... ironic.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

Use Firefox instead of IE. Might help. (is much better anyway, all 'round.)

download from here: www.mozilla-europe.org...

===

Watched part one of the vid, generally not impressed. Mostly because I've seen so much utter crap in 911 doc.s that I'm poisoned against the whole movement and don't believe anything that self-proclaimed Truthers say (Truthers are not impartial, so make less effective reporters on 911 stuff). Which is not the same thing as saying that the US Govt. had nothing to do with some of the stuff which went down that day. Although I broadly doubt it, at the moment.

Of course mainstream journalism is in crisis, but the alternative is currently no better. The appalling record of 911-Truth movement research/reportage in presenting erroneous facts and jumping to erroneous conclusions based on inadequate research is about the best example I can think of. Research and presentation of facts is a skill, it's a job. It's not something which everyone can do, without training and a professional framework of ethics and best-practises.

But the people who possess those skills are currently working for multinational corporations.

It's a tragedy that people like Murdoch and Turner (and orgs like Reuters) exercise oligopolistic power over The Truth (which is basically what they do).

It's actually an intolerable situation.

IMO news organisations should be independent organisations, and not multinationals. Journos should pledge to work only for independent news outlets, and not for companies like Time Intl. which span the globe.

[edit on 1-8-2009 by eniac]

[edit on 1-8-2009 by eniac]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The BBC is a joke and for all of the quality programmes they make I feel that they pay the top "Stars" far too much money and the amount of programming has dipped over the last few years. I really grudge paying the licence fee for the garbage like my family and the rubbish on bbc 3. Regarding the news story it always sticks in my mind that reported on the days that WT7 colapsed before it did and they speed at which they had the suspects really shows they are all part of the bigger world government propaganda machine

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Seems to me, after just a few minutes in to the first Part, the purpose of this video is to re-hash 'Truther' (or 'Denier', if you prefer) propaganda, to muddy the waters some more.

I'm referring to the discussion of 'no Arab names on manifests' as a direct example of this video's deception. This is explained contantly as a misrepresentation, and confusion, surrounding the lists of victims and the missing Arabic names from those. That is sloppy, if unintentional.

Also, as I said only into the first few minutes, just after questioning the bin Laden videotape, the casual mention of the hijackers 'still alive', as originally reported by BBC, but no mention that BBC later corrected that earlier report as being in error.

Moreover, it seems the filmmaker has an axe to grind, in my view.

He accuses BBC of hiding information that draws into question some of the "Official Story", yet he uses similar tactics in order to leave an intended impression that fits his personal opinion in the minds of the documantary viewers.

Certainly, no one should be silenced in the investigation and questioning of those events, (11 September, 2001) but just as surely the obfuscation techniques utilized by either side should be obvious, and should be called out when seen.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

Yeah, go with firefox and
Adobe flash player 10.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker
"Seems to me, after just a few minutes in to the first Part, the purpose of this video is to re-hash 'Truther' (or 'Denier', if you prefer) propaganda, to muddy the waters some more."

Seems to me that these are the desperate gasps and arrogant conclusions of a comatose sheep. Why don't you go finish your nap and when you get up it should be time for the latest episode of american idol. Have a nice day.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
I don't know at what point in history news was ever allowed to become entertainment and propaganda. It has been reduced to a mere tool for the evil, truly evil cabal of the few that has infected every once credible organization of the many.

Well said fellow American.

The first part is ok but could have been better. I'll check out the rest and get back.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kenton1234

How cute. Care to have an intelligent reason why you feel that the above programme is balanced, or do you just prefer the "drive-by insult" tactic instead???

Thank you for your post.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
ok I found the Video in question, on you tube, under a different title, it's in 9 parts.

I know it's the same video because the first part they spoke about EXACTLEY the same things wheedwhacker posted, which, imo EVEN AS a truther IS getting old.

I'll flip through the other parts and see if they come up with anything new or interesting, but I'm not too hopeful, judging by part 1.

BTW thank you all for the suggestions. I just a chicken and last time I installed Mozilla/firefox I had a bit of a problem.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
THe MSM is nothing but mass systematic manipulation!!!!!! we seriously do need a media revolution... And I think ATS is the start of it!

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I keep repeating myself. The news is *entertainment*, not information. People watch the news in order to have the illusion that they are up to date and well informed about current events. They like the illusion that they know something about what's going on, and that somehow, the governments will make it all right.

I think it was Mark Twain who said, "He who reads no newspapers is uninformed. He who reads them is misinformed".

top topics

<<   2 >>

join