It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green revolution in Iran Obama's Bay of Pigs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I wonder if some of the green revolution supporters will still be in jail 20 years from now. The moral is, I guess, be careful who you put your trust in.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by son of total newbie
I wonder if some of the green revolution supporters will still be in jail 20 years from now. The moral is, I guess, be careful who you put your trust in.

Is that it?

Is that all you've got to say?!

I can tell you that my Iranian contacts (real people, not Twitter) and everyone they know (their friends, family, colleagues, next door neighbours etc) have strong opinions that the regime will probably fall within months.

Some of them were there in Tehran 2 weeks ago when protestors almost took the state TV station. If they ever do that, and have 1 minute of airtime, then the streets will be filled with 10's of millions.

Iranian's are resilient, I don't think they will ever give up. Unfortunately protests are patchy and excuses are needed such as mourning, prayers, speeches etc, to begin protests. And no apparent leaders seem to be organising the protests, or rather the leaders vary depending on who is the bravest on that particular day.

Iranian's knew how oppressive the regime was when they went out to protest, they were brave enough to accept the consequences. Martyrs in Islam are considered to be brave and some of them may be prepared to die. It's difficult to accept that from a western point of view, but that's how it is there.

It's not about trusting Obama or the US, it's about Iranian's wanting freedom from constant abuse to their human rights over the past 30 years, with the election an excuse to protest against the regime. After all, the regime began to beat protests who chanted "where's our votes", and the regime ended up causing Iranian's to hate the regime even more by beating & killing them. Therefore this caused the chants to change to "death to the regime" and even "death to the Islamic republic" etc.

You make it sound like the Iranian protestors are so useless that they need American's to go over there and organise them, and are so naive to go out protesting because Obama has convinced them of freedom. Well here news to you, they do it of their own accord, not because they have been forced into it, or promised rewards. Not everyone is a puppet of the US, and the whole world doesn't revolve around CIA spies attempting to control countries covertly.

From my own sources we don't see any US involvement. But if you see it differently could you care you give more than 2 sentences to explain without making mass assumptions, or are you just wanting everyone who believes in that particular conspiracy theory to acknowledge you? Is that all you are looking for here? As ATS has become the acknowledgement of believers, and the rest are often called agents for not agreeing. ATS should be about discussing what people have learnt, instead of random conspiracies that people think up in their heads that appear to make sense because they are based on limited knowlege. Learning is achieved better by going out into the world and talking to people, not by sitting at home in front of the computer agreeing with fellow believers.

Sometimes a motive isn't acceptable evidence on it's own! The US and Israel may have motives, I'm not going to say they don't, but on its own that doesn't prove what you are seeking here.

[edit on 1-8-2009 by john124]

new topics

join