It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Photos Released From Flyover Blunder

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
the photos from the 'Air Force One over the Statue of Liberty' picture fiasco have been released. i think this is one of the dumbest things i have ever seen the goverment waste money on. do you think there was more to it than just a picture opportunity ? thousands of people were terrified by this,...maybe that's what they wanted ?

The April 27 photo-op caused quite a fright in Lower Manhattan and New Jersey, as many people who had lived through the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks thought the city was again under siege. Workers poured out of office buildings as the planes buzzed the city near the Financial District.

Local officials in New York and New Jersey had not been informed of the photo-op, which cost some $328,000, and the lack of communication and needless worry caused by the incident led to the resignation of Louis Caldera, the Obama official behind the stunt.

www.nbcnewyork.com...

is this worth $328,000 + ???

Pdf file with pics
www.dod.mil...

[edit on 31-7-2009 by easynow]

[edit on 31-7-2009 by easynow]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Not only not worth the pricetag and fear it cause, but I think it is a fishy fishy photo op all together.

It is actually creepy to me, in that it SEEMS to be a nice publicized photo op, but why? Maybe because SOMEONE doesnt expect to have another photo op like this, because....?

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

This was a monumentally bad idea, but I don't see any reason to assume it's anything but dumb bureaucrats being dumb.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

hey , thanks for the reply hotbakedtater

agreed ...this is creepy

you might be onto something about it being a last photo op since the NWO is just around the corner ?...hmmmmm

[edit on 1-8-2009 by easynow]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
One still has to wonder why everyone on the flight had top secret clearance and why the purpose of the flight is to perform in flight duty in what usually is an off limit area.

BTW I know it is AF1 and require top secret but many people have traveled aboard it without TSC.

www.dod.mil...

new topics

top topics

join