It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright Spot on Venus Stumps Scientists

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
while on the topic of planetary gossip...

don't ya just wish Venus (Aphrodite) and Mercury (Hermes) would just finally get it over with and do the nasty?
I mean hell they're made for each other sizewise!

They'd make a cute couple I think...
just the right ration in proportional size.. akin to our Earth-Moon system..

I bet mercury's counter weight would make a nice tidal lock with Venus in order to push it toward a more habitable atmosphere...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2b8403ca2d76.jpg[/atsimg]

what if some massive event like the ignition of jupiter into a mini sun and/or the 2012 galactic alignment, or transit of a new planet liek Nibiru to drag one of them into the other's orbit... just at the right time in mercury and venus's orbits.. matched perfectly.. to bring them together in perfect matrimony

awwwww so sweet... together ...Aphrodite and Hermes...they form-of HERMAPHRODITE!

(no tranny jokes please.)

-

[edit on 1-8-2009 by prevenge]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

I know very well the distances involved but obviously you are unaware that the Universe does not have to follow your rules. For all we know there could be a relation between the two, I didn't say there was a relation for sure but you have to be very presumptuus to claim for certain there is no relation.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Well, first of all it wasn't reported, second of all this happened within days of whatever occurred on Jupiter to form the dark spot, so yes this is important imo.

If you don't like this sort of news you don't have to read it.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Guys and Gals... come on now this is a conspiracy site...

Surely you can do better? :shk:

Its NASA up to its old tricks... Remember the spot that formed when Galileo smashed into Jupiter with 37.5 pounds of plutonium?

And then there was this last attempt on Venus

NASA Flyby Shooting Of Venus

June 5, 2007:

Picture this: A spaceship swoops in from the void, plunging toward a cloudy planet about the size of Earth. A laser beam lances out from the ship; it probes the planet's clouds, striving to reach the hidden surface below. Meanwhile, back on the craft's home world, scientists perch on the edge of their seats waiting to see what happens.

Sounds like science fiction? This is real, and it's happening today.

The spacecraft is MESSENGER, and the planet is Venus. On June 5, 2007, MESSENGER will fly past Venus just 338 km above the planet's surface--and it will shoot a laser into the clouds.

science.nasa.gov...

And you guys think I make this stuff up

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Thank you for that info, appreciated Zorgon.

I know our destructive human nature. It is my hope that if there is life out there that they are NOT like us, which i doubt as well.

When a human gets bitten by a few ants we tend to follow the insects and destroy their whole colony and the day will come when our incompetent leaders will put our race in peril. Dropping bombs & shooting lasers on our solar system planets & our own moon is pure idiocy and we sit back and watch.

Even if there is no life out there we shall receive payback of an
(un)likely kind, be it space rock or gamma burst.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by toltecnightmare
i'll have to find more on this subject, but I'm wondering if there's a connection between this event and some stories I found a few years back.

In the years 1672;1686;1740;1759;1823;1884 astronomers were puzzled by brilliant light from venus, which nearly all of them speculated was an unknown body in orbit, akin to the sun, only smaller. The one part of the story i remember vivdly:

in all accounts the observer believed to have spotted a satellite or 'moon', observed a clear orbit, yet faced confusion when attempting to locate it again. one, in 1740, recorded the air as being distinctly clear on Venus' surface, and describing the satellite as a star, probably because it was emitting brilliant light...

just something to ponder as we line our favorite ball cap with tin foil

I remember reading about some observations of a moon orbiting Venus by a few respected astronomers of that time. It was only viewed for a short period and it then seemed to disappear.

Those years you posted got me thinking about the dates when Venus transits in front of the Sun as observed from Earth. I didn't find any noticeable pattern but they are remotely similar. All of these transit dates are in pairs separated by 8 years; 1631-1639, 1761-1769, 1874-1882. And if we add the dates of Shoemaker Levy-9's impact with Jupiter and the events this year; 1994-2009 and the transit dates of Venus; 2004-2012. It just caught my attention and I thought you might find it interesting.

I would like to point out that volcanic activity on Venus is speculative at best. There has been no evidence shown to indicate that there is or ever was volcanic activity on Venus. The idea came from an attempt to explain why Venus' surface is so smooth.

Can anyone confirm if any objects were seen approaching or impacting either Jupiter or Venus? If this is connected to the Perseid meteor shower then maybe there have been events on other planets. If these two events are due to both planets crossing an orbital path of debris then maybe Mars experienced an event when it crossed this same line back in April 20th. I think Earth will also cross this same imaginary line around Sep. 8th.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
thats so damn terrible

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge
while on the topic of planetary gossip...

don't ya just wish Venus (Aphrodite) and Mercury (Hermes) would just finally get it over with and do the nasty?
I mean hell they're made for each other sizewise!

They'd make a cute couple I think...
just the right ration in proportional size.. akin to our Earth-Moon system..

I bet mercury's counter weight would make a nice tidal lock with Venus in order to push it toward a more habitable atmosphere...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2b8403ca2d76.jpg[/atsimg]

what if some massive event like the ignition of jupiter into a mini sun and/or the 2012 galactic alignment, or transit of a new planet liek Nibiru to drag one of them into the other's orbit... just at the right time in mercury and venus's orbits.. matched perfectly.. to bring them together in perfect matrimony

awwwww so sweet... together ...Aphrodite and Hermes...they form-of HERMAPHRODITE!

(no tranny jokes please.)

-

[edit on 1-8-2009 by prevenge]

Jupiter does not have the mass to become a sun.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Devino

Originally posted by toltecnightmare
i'll have to find more on this subject, but I'm wondering if there's a connection between this event and some stories I found a few years back.

In the years 1672;1686;1740;1759;1823;1884 astronomers were puzzled by brilliant light from venus, which nearly all of them speculated was an unknown body in orbit, akin to the sun, only smaller. The one part of the story i remember vivdly

Those years you posted got me thinking about the dates when Venus transits in front of the Sun as observed from Earth. I didn't find any noticeable pattern but they are remotely similar. All of these transit dates are in pairs separated by 8 years; 1631-1639, 1761-1769, 1874-1882. And if we add the dates of Shoemaker Levy-9's impact with Jupiter and the events this year; 1994-2009 and the transit dates of Venus; 2004-2012. It just caught my attention and I thought you might find it interesting.

I should probably point out that transits from Venus are considered one of the rarest predictable celestial events. Since the orbital plane of Venus is tilted to Earth's the only time a transit occurs is during a node crossing at inferior conjunction (close approach). Venus' orbital nodes are in early December and early June and after 5 inferior conjunctions (8 years) the two planets align back at near the original point.

That's why these transits are in pairs separated by 8 years then a gap of 105.5 years, another 8 year pair and a long gap of 121.5 years. So the last transit before June 2004 was Dec. 1882 and after 2012 it will be over 105 years till the next.

The Maya astronomers paid very close attention to the close approaches with Venus and the importance of this is reflected in their myths and culture as well as the layout of their temples and calendars. The significance of Venus transits and Maya mythology is controversial and complicated so that is why I thought those dates were interesting.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240
I think the odds of these 2 events within the same couple of days are highly likely. One was a meteorite impact and the other likely to be Volcanic Ash from a VEI4/5 volcanic Eruption.
Our Solar System isnt dead as people would like to think, theres Geysers on Saturns Moons, massive storms and Lightning on Jupiter, Sandstorms/Dust Devils on Mars. Things are always erupting on Venus and meteors crashing on the Moon aswell as other Planets..I could go on. The textbook idea that our Solar System is dead and that only Earth has anything going on Geographically/Volcanologically/Meteorologically is a myth.

That's what I first thought but are the odds really highly likely that this would happen? I don't know much about our solar system so I'm not being sarcastic here - genuine question. If it's highly likely because of all the activity going on all the time then how come things like this aren't reported all the time? Maybe they are but they're just not reported on websites I visit - that's very possible so I'd really appreciate any recommendations that you can provide. As I said, I don't know much about any of this but I am now very curious to learn more.

Thanks to anyone that can post some websites about this - simple ones for beginners would be good though!

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Maya00a

As far as I know the Shoemaker Levy-9 comet that broke up and hit Jupiter in 1994 between July 16 and July 22 was an eyeopening event for science. Before that incident it was considered very rare and for this to happen to any of the inner planets extremely rare so not much attention was given to this danger.

The fact that this is taking place 15 years almost to the day on Jupiter is big news. Considering that it's in the same southern region and Venus is also showing activity in the southern region and on near the same day makes this really bizarre.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Devino
reply to post by Maya00a

The fact that this is taking place 15 years almost to the day on Jupiter is big news. Considering that it's in the same southern region and Venus is also showing activity in the southern region and on near the same day makes this really bizarre.

15 EARTH years.

Almost to the EARTH day. Which means that Earth is, for 'syncronicity' purposes, in approximately the same place in space as it was when Shoemaker-Levy hit.

But neither Venus nor Jupiter are anywhere near where they were then. So what is the big deal?

Pure coincidence. Nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by rnaa

Yes, 15 Earth years. Jupiter takes about 11.86 Earth years to orbit the Sun so 15 earth years equals 1.26 Jupiter years. Earth is in the same place but Jupiter has moved an extra 95 degrees 20 min. or just over 3 constellations in the zodiac.

An easy way to think about it is for every Earth year Jupiter advances about one of the zodiac constellations or almost 30 degrees.

I suppose I should add that I don't see any connection between these events and it could very well be coincidence,. Albeit an extremely unlikely coincidence.

The location of the two anomalies on both planets as well as the location of Shoemaker Levy-9's impact appears to be the same spot, the lower portion of each planet's Southern hemisphere.

In my opinion this indicates a possible connection.

[edit on 8/4/2009 by Devino]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Just imagine the earth if all information was shared like some sort of commonality instead we got major information withheld cause somebodies feel like we cannot know for our own saftey SMH

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Well... it's been over 2 weeks now since the Venus event. How about an update? Hasn't anyone done a spectral analysis of the white cloud yet? Is the cloud made of water vapor?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join