It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright Spot on Venus Stumps Scientists

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Venus is mad at Saturn again! I wonder what he forgot this time, her birthday, her anniversary?

Those two could never get along.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Can i ask why this thread is in the 'breaking news' forum? It's not exactly the mostimportant story of the day and probably won't even make one of the important stories of the year!!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I seriously doubt the 2 are related. I think you guys often forget the huge amounts of distances between the planets and such. It's not just a trip across the street or anything to get from 1 to the other.

It would take the venus years to make it all the way out to jupiter, and vice versa. The distances are really that huge. It would be like saying 1 man who sneezes in the US, and another man sneezes in Russia are related events.

So I don't think the 2 are related, but even without the relation they are interesting in themselves.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

Two people sneezing ARE related though.
Butterfly effect.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by badmedia

Two people sneezing ARE related though.
Butterfly effect.

I know you don't know it, but I've had about all the causality discussion I can handle for the week in the philosophical sections.

But yeah, just not directly related is what I mean.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The monolith is going to turn Jupiter into a solar system.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
"Can i ask why this thread is in the 'breaking news' forum? It's not exactly the mostimportant story of the day and probably won't even make one of the important stories of the year!"

Just because YOUR not seeing this story on the Fox-CNN Celebrity news networks doesn't mean it's not important. Nothing ticks off nasa more than being trumped by a backyard astronomer and the objects that struck both planets were discovered and tracked by amatures long before they struck thier targets. However how good would it look if a billion dollar a year rip off organization(nasa) missed two impacts on two of our planets when these same objects were being tracked by amatures with a $1400.00 telescope? That is the real reason your not hearing about it so much. There's a lot more going on in this world than american idol you know

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenton1234
There's a lot more going on in this world than american idol you know

Lies. Everything important gets covered on the mainstream media.

Im sure Britney has said something the last couple of days that is really important for the US citizens to know about. You just wait.

[edit on 1-8-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus
"Lies. Everything important gets covered on the mainstream media."
"Im sure Britney has said something the last couple of days that is really important for the US citizens to know about. You just wait."

Britney said "I forgot to wear my panties again"
And Fox news is rushing to cover the big story.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
The stargate is alligning as the approach of the milkyway comes near, allowing the 'intargalactic waystations' to be used, once again..

Return of the Anunnaki 2012 ...

Nah, Im just playing, but I do wonder how Nazi got the bases over to Venus, the moon would be the obvious pic ? or did they know Us would go there ?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
i'll have to find more on this subject, but I'm wondering if there's a connection between this event and some stories I found a few years back.

In the years 1672;1686;1740;1759;1823;1884 astronomers were puzzled by brilliant light from venus, which nearly all of them speculated was an unknown body in orbit, akin to the sun, only smaller. The one part of the story i remember vivdly:

in all accounts the observer believed to have spotted a satellite or 'moon', observed a clear orbit, yet faced confusion when attempting to locate it again. one, in 1740, recorded the air as being distinctly clear on Venus' surface, and describing the satellite as a star, probably because it was emitting brilliant light...

just something to ponder as we line our favorite ball cap with tin foil

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Maybe "someone" is heading this way to have a little chat with us....

perhaps we are next

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I think volcanic eruption is probably the most likely reason.

Although it could be something else, we need better information and sensory equipment.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

That film was good!

be kinda cool if those events happen...

kinda funny seeing as Europa is next on "our" list if i remember right the message was..

"All these worlds are YOURS
except for Europa
make no landing there
use them together
use them in peace"

then the evolution of Europa is shown was really cool *thinks back*

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

Hahaha

but seriously 21/12/12 will align us with the centre of the milky way.. for all we know a portal might open and we get sucked to a new part of the galaxy.. and a huge fleet of starships are waiting for our arrival

one can wish..right?
we still have that freedom? right?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
Can i ask why this thread is in the 'breaking news' forum? It's not exactly the mostimportant story of the day and probably won't even make one of the important stories of the year!!!!

An event like this on a neighbouring planet is breaking news. As a fact it deserves way more attention it has received thus far. I am one who would like to know when asteroids/meteors hit or such strange anomalies are taking place in our solar system than to read about the sipping of beer at the White House.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I have to wonder why JPL has opened their website to astronomers, they seem to be out of answers for the unprecedented activity recently, you know like the unexpected asteroids and comets seen in the past few years?

I suspect on a very deep level that once we head closer to our Milky Way center there will be many BIG surprises in store for not only us but our entire planetary system.

It is amazing how the outer planets are getting hit, perhaps it is the Divines way of protecting us whether or not we deserve it.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Nice find.

Here is the original:
www.space.com...

Our solar system is an awesome piece of work. When you think scientists have finally solved a dilemma, the planets throw a curve ball.

Nice article!

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I think that is the point of this whole thread. They are wondering why two objects so far away have something big happening on both planets within days of each other. It's one of two things. It's either chance that an object smashed into jupiters atmosphere and venus or a volcano eruption. Or this isn't chance and there is intelligent operation going on here. I don't know which, but it's worth watching whats going on in this solar system, because as one poster has put it this star system is alot more active than what we've been told.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by qonone

Well..... there are far worse things happening here on Earth.... things which need to be stopped and stopped dead!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join