It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Symbolism, Synchronicity, Dreams and Old Wive Tales- Do they play a part in your life?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I see this as the way 'god', 'the universe', guides me. I have often wondered how many others are effected by these things and how much credence you give them in your life.

I will post some examples in my life of all and some will overlap but I do find an interrelatedness in them. Some will not be obvious because they spoke only to me and my experience in life.

sym·bol
Etymology: in sense 1, from Late Latin symbolum, from Late Greek symbolon, from Greek, token, sign; in other senses from Latin symbolum token, sign, symbol, from Greek symbolon, literally, token of identity verified by comparing its other half, from symballein to throw together, compare, from syn- + ballein to throw — more at devil Date: 15th century

1: an authoritative summary of faith or doctrine : creed

2: something that stands for or suggests something else by reason of relationship, association, convention, or accidental resemblance ; especially : a visible sign of something invisible

3: an arbitrary or conventional sign used in writing or printing relating to a particular field to represent operations, quantities, elements, relations, or qualities

4: an object or act representing something in the unconscious mind that has been repressed

5: an act, sound, or object having cultural significance and the capacity to excite or objectify a response

Merriam-Webster

At one time I had a great deal of pain in both feet, left more than right. The Dr. said I had planter fascites and would always need to were proper (ugly) shoes. I could not be on my feet 30 minutes without pain even with proper shoes.

I left my husband a couple years after the diagonsis and about three weeks later the pain went away. I was able to wear any type shoe. I realized for the first time in my life, I was standing on my own two feet.

After several months I decided to have an adventure and put my things in storage a couple of months. On return I went to my daughters house. About 5 minutes after I got there her husband returned home and went for a ride on his motorcycle. He was gone about 15 minutes when he returned. He had had a wreck and ended up in the hospital for a week. By the 3rd week my left foot began to hurt. I immediately knew I needed to be back on my 'own two feet'. After I found a place to live, the pain stopped.

syn·chro·nic·i·ty
1 : the quality or fact of being synchronous

2 : the coincidental occurrence of events and especially psychic events (as similar thoughts in widely separated persons or a mental image of an unexpected event before it happens) that seem related but are not explained by conventional mechanisms of causality —used especially in the psychology of C. G. Jung

Merriam-Webster

I was married on August 26 in what was a long painful marriage. I can give an incident within that the implied I should not be married to him but will give one I think is more obivious.

As I said, I was married August 26. I told my husband I wanted a divorce and the petition was signed by the judge on August 26, 37 years after our marriage. The divorce was final on November 12. My Dad was born on Nov. 13 and died on Nov. 11. I stayed in my marriage because I never had a dad around and didn't want my children to experience the lack of a father as I did (turned out it was a bad decision on my part).

dream
Etymology: Middle English dreem, from Old English drēam noise, joy, and Old Norse draumr dream; akin to Old High German troum dream Date: 13th century

1: a series of thoughts, images, or emotions occurring during sleep — compare rem sleep

2: an experience of waking life having the characteristics of a dream: as
a: a visionary creation of the imagination : daydream
b: a state of mind marked by abstraction or release from reality :
reverie c: an object seen in a dreamlike state : vision

3: something notable for its beauty, excellence, or enjoyable quality

4 a: a strongly desired goal or purpose b: something that fully satisfies a wish : ideal

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I have learned that symbolism is everything.
I can't really stress that enough!

S&F for you.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Yes. The answer is yes. Quite significantly so. It tends to come in bursts for me, and I'm in the middle of one right now in fact.

I won't go into specifics, but symbols, synchronicity, and dreams have profoundly and noticeably affected my life, especially in the past year and a half or so.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
As for the dates you mentioned, I don't see how that meant you should not have been married.

I have twin sons that were born on 8/16. Their father was born on 8/17, which was the same birthdate for his father (their grandfather.) The birthdate of their grandmother was 8/15, but she died before they were born.

I am now re-married to a man who has a birthday on 10/09. That is the same birthday as my mother. His granddaughter, whom he raised has a birthday of 09/27, which is the same birthday as my daughter. His first cousin was born on my birthday.

My husband has a twin brother. I am also a twin.

Freaky coincidences? I think so, but I don't think this all means anything, or is any type of omen.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CrowServo

No need to go into specifics. Could you give us a general idea?

I strongly believe that that symbolism is related to our personal understanding (tho I now sometimes go to the internet for specifics I don't understand).

I also believe, and I could be wrong, that this is the way some of us become more awakened.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Absolutely.
Every day it becomes more clear that I should look for them.
It is a form of communication. With whom I would love to know. Perhaps myself.

I listened to my inner urgings this week and prevented a potential problem. I listened to the negative thoughts and replayed some things that had happened that week and I took the hunch something was wrong. Once I verbalized it to someone, the help and validation came. I am grateful and just one experience more determined to hone my skills.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Hello Blanca Rose.

I see what you are saying. Many of the things that happened to me, that I have not mentioned here, happened long before I was able to make a connection.

In your case, there may be no connection. I can find many things in my life that are synchronized with dates that have no connection for me at this time and maybe never will.

At the same time, there may be events that, if you are open to them, may present themselves later in life and you will see the connection.

I am among the older persons here and it has taken me a very long time to SEE these things. Then again, you may be meant to see in a different way.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DaisyAnne

I have learned that symbolism is everything.
I can't really stress that enough!

I tried to respond to you a couple of times but the knives quote I made kept coming up although I had copied your quote.

Is there something in there for you?

I forget what I was originally going to say.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by liveandlearn

No need to go into specifics. Could you give us a general idea?

There is a certain goal and motivation I have in my life. The locus of this first came to me nearly 8 years ago, but I was not aware enough to realize that at the time. I had strong feelings in that direction, but things misfired. Years later, I rediscovered that locus, and realized that this was what I was looking for all along. For the past year and a half I have been driven toward this goal.

It helped me to realize a lot about the nature of reality. Through reading authors such as Joseph Campbell and Deepak Chopra, to name a few, I began to understand the importance of dreams, symbolism, and synchronicity, and began seeing examples much more clearly in my own life. When I followed them and learned to make connections, I got surprisingly tangible results. This is a process that still occurs.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
They are tips from ourselves to ourselves. The tips are intended to remind us of whatever we need to remember. I guess we forget about specific things when we undertake our current forms. That's just the way things happen. To play one game you gotta forget about the rules of the other game. And it seems that we are heading to a big game where many games come together. So everyone together will have to decide the new rules of the unimaginable game that shortly will be formed.

Life is a trip.
If you are not tripping, you are not living.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by liveandlearn

I tried to respond to you a couple of times but the knives quote I made kept coming up although I had copied your quote.

Is there something in there for you?

I forget what I was originally going to say.

That's interesting -- there might be something in that for me.
I will definitely think on it

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Not an expert by any means but you may find if you look back further that there were symbolic hints along the way...well before you started recognizing them. At this point they can only be used for confirmation.

When I followed them and learned to make connections, I got surprisingly tangible results. This is a process that still occurs.

I had a long dry spell as I lost my way and it has only now returned. You mentioned when this first started you had not woken up. I believe this is key. Also that you continue to look for the connection.

Myself, I look for the connection but most often I will just know.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Geladinhu

They are tips from ourselves to ourselves. The tips are intended to remind us of whatever we need to remember. I guess we forget about specific things when we undertake our current forms.

That was my original thought as well. But when it comes to the precognitive dreams, I have tried to change the result, it didn't work. It worked out just as the dreams predicted whether I tried to change them or not.

I have sometimes wondered about the source, is it always beneficial or could it sometimes be negative and how to know the difference.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Yes welcome to my world from the OP.

Life is simply one moment in the next of time and space of sychronistic serendipitous realizations of the Now

top topics

join