It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feature Request / Easier way to add ATS pictures to posts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Is there a way to easily navigate to Photo Album from within Reply composition window?

Basically if I want to add a picture to my post, I either rely on tabbed browsing function of my web browser. (Safari and IE8) Or compose in Word Processing program. Or:

1. Upload picture
2. Cut and paste ATSIMG code
3. Navigate to appropriate thread
4. Reply
5. Compose message
6. Paste link to insert picture

Lather, rinse, repeat for multiple pictures.

Often, I lose my partial reply if I'm not careful at the point I want to insert picture.

If there was a drop-down or hot link (Like the way you embed You Tube videos) to get to your Album, that would be awesome.

Is there a better way? Any pointers appreciated on this.

Thanks - A - Million...KK

[edit on 31-7-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

I personally don't have an issue with the system. I usually just upload and copy and paste the ATS:IMAGE code. But I do think we could have a link in the "Post Reply" page that can enable to select the image directly from media@abovetopsecret. Kind of link member tools » My Pictures...

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I use Firefox I keep my media screen open in one tab and my website in another tab It takes to long to load it every time but when its in a tab I just pick the image and switch to the post tab

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Well, I haven't figured out yet how to use a picture I have in my ATS picture folder. When I go to see my pics, I have to log in again, when I do I lose the thread I was wanting to post to. When I get there (where my pics are) I simply don't know what to do to get the image code. *sighs*

I really want to enter Asala's pet photo contest too!

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

As mentioned, open your MATS page in another tab, nearly all the browsers have the tab option these days and makes life a hell of a lot easier.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Stop deleting your cookies and you'll not have that problem.
Our cookies don't expire for 30 days, so when logged in you are good for 30 days unless you delete cookies.

Springer...

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Thanks Springer, that explains why I was mysteriously "kicked off" the site after 30 days and had to log back in!

Originally posted by kinda kurious
Often, I lose my partial reply if I'm not careful at the point I want to insert picture.

I tried opening the ATS images in another tab, but then I lose focus on the post I'm writing, so I actually find it easier to open a new window instead of a new tab for the images, that way I can keep the post I'm writing in focus on the screen while I grab other things like pictures from the ATSimage site, or other source links, etc. (I have a big screen so I can see more than one window, that helps).

I use the multiple tab feature a lot but in this one case of writing a post I prefer to keep the post I'm writing visible.

Originally posted by kinda kurious
Any pointers appreciated on this.

One pointer is to open wordpad, and occasionally save a copy of the post you're writing to wordpad, another tip to help keep you from losing your partial reply, that's happened to me a few times and saving it in wordpad helps. Be especially sure to save it right before you insert something.

new topics

top topics

join