It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dire shortage at UN food agency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Dire shortage at UN food agency

news.bbc.co.uk

The UN food agency says it is facing critical funding shortages that have forced it to cut aid deliveries to millions of people facing starvation.

The World Food Programme (WFP) said it could have to close parts of its airway, used to fly aid workers to humanitarian trouble-spots.

Deliveries have already been suspended to north Uganda, Ivory Coast and Niger.

The organisation has issued similar warnings in the past when facing funding shortages.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
This was what i was worried about.The people that depend on the scraps that industrial nations give to 3rd world countries.I think this is just the beginning and aid to people who really need it will slowly start dwindling over the next few years as the debt mountain becomes apparent.They say they wont be able to get the food to hard to reach places that need it the most,but i think over the next few years that will be shown to be a lie.If governments actually cared about human beings and not just raping their resources or installing dictators alot of these countries could have been self sufficient decades ago.Alas the WTO and IMF are not looking to help them.Anyway i think this is just the start but i hope i am wrong because these people will be going through even MORE hardship than they are right now.Something alot of us will probably never have to endure

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 31-7-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Not surprising.

It's more important to make sure the banksters make an
outrageous profit! And that the "important people" like aig
receive their bonuses and bailouts!
Got to keep propping up the corrupted, they need it, screw the hungry.
The poor dont work hard enough or God dont love them enough.
Ya, thats it. Have I got it about right?
Sorry for our greediness, God.
We just are like that. Well some are.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
This is what I'm talking about, I said this before we are being set up for agreat fall, and it's going to be wild in the streets.

All these brains like FEMA are make these death camps, but the food stores of the entire world are very low.
People need food, water that's all to survive they have no intention of us to survive.
If they did the Piority ONE would be to makes sure food, and water will be available in case of, something were to happen, these SOB are just making cages to put people in, and the coffen where they will end up.
These coffens are not for one person so you won't be alone, and they will need a fork truck to carry it to the incenarator, cut down on pallbearers.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I was just reading up on Kissinger's 2004 NSSM-200 report discussing this exact same situation from the Genocidal prospective, at least from how I see this playing out.

As I have also mentioned with great concern the last visit by President of the US Obama to the Vatican, that the single most important issue was the food program discussions.

The pope and Obama discussed issues that represent "a great challenge for the future of every nation and for the true progress of peoples, such as the defense and promotion of life and the right to abide by one's conscience," according to a Vatican statement released after the audience.

This leads straight into the issues of 'conscience' for those asked against their principals to engage in such heavyhearted acts as what may be on the table through diabolical planned acts as holding back aid to the neediest of countries and forced vaccinations with unsound and potentially dangerous untested recombinomics.

The two men also discussed world issues addressed at the G-8 summit, as well as immigration and the issue of reuniting families, the Vatican statement said.

When the people of the world , specifically those who VOTED them into office, are excluded in the private talks yet the discussions can be made in utter conjoining of Church and State, I just cant see a more dire future for humanity. Think about each and every time the Popes have given their blessings to the leaders of countries for the past 1500 years, it has never worked out for humanity.

The meeting with the pope and a separate 20-minute meeting with Cardinal Bertone also touched on international politics, such as the peace process in the Middle East, "on which there was general agreement."

Why then are the people of the world kept out of these talks? Why are the complete transcripts not available? Again not a good sign.

"Dialogue between cultures and religions, the global economic crisis and its ethical implications, food security, development aid -- especially for Africa and Latin America -- and the problem of drug trafficking" were discussed, the Vatican said.

This was the most dangerous of statements made when it touches on the subject of food security, food scarcity, and the ethical implications of those in control using it as a device of genocide.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
The links to above post by me.

www.catholicnews.com...

www.google.com... 00+report

Edit to throw in an ATS link I find very relevant to this story and that ties into everything discussed here so far.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 31-7-2009 by antar]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Yes this is terrible news. These needy countries have fallen victim to the manipulation of the World Bank and the IMF. Curse them, they will someday pay for what they have done. The men who lead these vulture organisations will not be rewarded.

For anyone who understands the current food crisis, it is hard to listen to the head of the World Bank, Robert Zoellick, without gagging.

Earlier this week, Zoellick waxed apocalyptic about the consequences of the global surge in prices, arguing that free trade had become a humanitarian necessity, to ensure that poor people had enough to eat. The current wave of food riots has already claimed the prime minister of Haiti, and there have been protests around the world, from Mexico, to Egypt, to India.

The reason for the price rise is perfect storm of high oil prices, an increasing demand for meat in developing countries, poor harvests, population growth, financial speculation and biofuels. But prices have fluctuated before. The reason we're seeing such misery as a result of this particular spike has everything to do with Zoellick and his friends

www.guardian.co.uk...

Also this article below oulines more crimes to be charged against the IMF and the World Bank.
www.atimes.com...

Starred&Flagged!

[edit on 31-7-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Hi Solomons/

This is so true of what is just beginning to show in the worlds problems, and not just because it wasn't so in the past,but with all the economies of the worlds, going down(so we are told)funding is scarce(again, we are told)and the people that have lived without, will also suffer the more.
If worse comes to worse,these people in need of food and use to being without food, will probably last alot longer in a war, then most of us who are so use to having a fridge full of food.
One way to CONTROL the people is through FOOD.
I dont know of how many people actually know and understand the significance of how EASY it is to get people CONTROLLED with the use of food.
It will be one of the MECHANISMS used to hold the people where they want them...I dont think many of us know what true HUNGER feels like...maybe we will find out soon?

Funding for food is scarce?
What a load of rubbish!
How is the money coming for wars and flights to outer space missions and the like?
Isn't the people more important then some mission to mars or jupiter or saturn or whatever it is they choose to call it!
They are asking for millions and not billions!
HOLLYWOOD makes billions from just one movie.
Why dont they show their true colors and help out...Oh wait, They are showing their true colors!
How about the Billionaires in the world ...they too wont live forever.
The U.N could also be lying....I must say, I really have lost faith in the media and the governments of todays world.

ICXC NIKA
helen

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Yeah, this is bad news, and the worse part is that because of the freezing temperatures some areas have had during the extended winter this year, plus the drought created by Congress on the U.S. by cutting water to farmers, we will also be facing similar problems in the U.S.

I recommend to anyone who can to store as much food as you can. You don't have to buy a whole lot, just about 10 cans a month of whatever you like to eat, or however much you can spare for food storage.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Yes through out history is one of the favorite ways in genocide, to watch people die slowly and without dignity by slow starvation. They love to make them work around it too, just to make not having it even worse. Old school tactic, I just do not think it is going to go according to their evil plans this time, people ahve evolved even if they havent. Humanity just may surprise tptb this time, we are smarter, stronger and more educated.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by antar]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
This isn't a real crisis it is generated by greed. Four months ago farmers were plowing under their crops because of imported vegetables costing being cheaper coming from overseas. Our economic system serves nobody except the elite.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Nice to see our education in mathematics here in USA is still hard at work
lol sorry i had to poke some fun at ot, but also point out how dumb must a genious or estimaor be, when entrusted to meet a certain standard that can and will affect the lives of many humans.

top topics

join