It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart weighs role in U.S. H1N1 vaccination plans

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Walmart weighs role in U.S. H1N1 vaccination plans

www.reuters.com

ORLANDO, Florida (Reuters) - Wal-Mart Stores Inc is discussing with U.S. health officials the possibility of putting vaccination sites at some of its stores for an H1N1 swine flu inoculation campaign this fall, a company official said on Thursday.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Without a doubt it looks like we are heading towards mandatory vaccinations from what I have been reading. This article caught my eye, where a former Kansas state trooper reveals plans for vaccine checks at roadblocks . www.newswithviews.com... This will be a massive drive to vaccinate the populace with a vaccine that is being fast tracked through testing.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
vaccine checks by state troopers? that's pretty creepy stuff right there. what next? forced inoculations on the spot? rounding up of those who refuse? this just gets worse and worse, doesn't it?

oh, and the wal-mart thing is just weird too. the thought of wal-mart clinics and hospitals just plain gives me the crawling willies.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

My fear is that this could turn ugly ;where people out of fear and ingorance will be turning in those who refuse the vaccine, employers requiring vaccination verification.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I don't think they'll really make it mandatory. They can just say "we recommend that everyone gets this."

And tons of people won't, and maybe they'll die, but they can't complain because it will have been their own fault. All the people who get vaccinated will probably be okay except for a very small population of people who will react to it.

And unless they have vaccines without thimerisol, they can't make everyone get it. Some people are allergic.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Kroger grocery stores are gonna face some competition this year for providing in store flu shots! Yikes! Kroger charges 12 bucks here. I wonder if Walmart will charge less? Probably. Where better to innoculate people in my nearby town than Walmart? Everybody goes there except the hoity toities. Psst. I've even seen some of them shopping there at 3 AM. Heck, Eddie Montgomery shops there when he isn't on the road performing.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
yeah...turning people in is not beyond the realm of likelihood. and there will also probably be false shortages to make people crazy enough to line up and fight over the vaccines like they do over Wii's and XBoxes. could get really ugly.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Looks like I'm shopping at Target!

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I agree you.This could get VERY ugly VERY fast. Mandatory vaccinations will definitely be the final straw. This will make or break our Country. I really really really hope that there is no mandatory vaccination push. I already know where I stand on the issue.

Fear Versus Freedom.

Civil War 2.0

Except this time there will be no North/South. There will not be a "Winner" and a "Loser". There will only be those alive and those dead.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

These vaccines are going to be deadly, TPTB want to de-populate the

world what better way. This is just my opinion though, check out the

Natural News.com They will tell you whats in them, really!!!

They want it to be so easy at Walmart shop till you drop, get your

VACCINES HERE!!!

[edit on 31-7-2009 by truth/seeker]

[edit on 31-7-2009 by truth/seeker]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

In some states it's already mandatory for children to be vaccinated in order to attend Public Schools.

And I don't trust Wal-Mart, never have, never will.

They see this as a wonderful opportunity to make money off their customers. Sadly they're probably going to lose money on this in the end. Either through the purchase of vaccines that never get used, or the deaths of their customers.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I totally agree with you RavenShadow. People get unreasonably paranoid about vaccines nowadays. They always like to site the super small percentage of people that had issues with the flu vacine in the 70's. It is now 30 years later, and that is a lot of time to avoid the mistakes of the past. If large numbers of people get any medicine some small percentage of people will have negative, unforseen consequences because of slight differences in everyones makeup. That is no reason to avoid getting a potentially life saving shot in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I haven't made a vaccine post in awhile about my opinion on them. But here goes.

The only person I know who ever had a reaction to a vaccine was me. Hi, I'm me. I had a reaction to the DPT as a baby. They tell you "if your kid gets a fever after getting the vaccine, don't give them the follow up vaccines because they could become autistic."

I had a fever, so they didn't give me the second shot. Some people don't pay attention and don't listen and their kids get autism. Sometimes.

Anyway, so I turned out alright, no problem, whatever. Until I was in sixth grade. And I got this awful disease called Pertussis or Whooping Cough. I was out of school for ages and it was all reported to the CDC.

Wow omg how did I get Pertussis?! Oh noooo. Oh wait, I never got the full vaccine. If I did, I would have been fine.

My mom had the measles as a kid. I got a measles vaccine. I didn't get the measles.

People die from things that vaccines prevent against. Tons of people get vaccines and are fine. The only reason people think they are really dangerous is if they hear stories about the small minority of people who a) shouldn't be getting vaccines but get them anyway or b) just happen to be in the tiny group of people who react to it.

But for god's sake, I'd rather everyone get vaccinated. Because if I ever get sick from something awful, it will be because some people chose not to be vaccinated, carried it around, while it mutated it's little viral butt off.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

The real problem is by getting this shot, we're basically putting our lives in the hands of corporations that have only one interest in mind. Making money. And sadly they've been given amnesty in the distribution of this vaccine, meaning that if their vaccine kills 2 million Americans (just as an extreme example) they'll legally have no repercussions due to them.

It's a crappy situation, because if this bug is as bad as some people think it might be, then all our lives hang in the hands of corporations. That is a very scary thought.

Oh, and our civilization isn't so good at learning from the mistakes of the past, so lets not put our hope in that.

I also agree that there probably won't be mandatory vaccinations. I think the only way the government would go that far is if mass percentages of the population were dying off - which at this rate I don't see happening.

I'm betting this is all going to blow over and by next summer they're going to be freaking out about another super bug. Meh

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
how many people have died from swine flu so far this year? 100 200, worldwide?

36,000 die in the us alone every year from regular strains of flu. so why the big push for the vaccine for swine flu that hasn't been tested? MONEY

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Does anyone know what these bracelets look like?

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I barely go to Wal-Mart, so whatever they do doesn't bother me at all, they are a business after all and they have pharmacies an walk in clinics in some of their stores so is just about making money.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
If that's all there is to it, I will just pay some joker off to fake the records and give me phony mark of the beast or what ever it takes.
How will they know unless you get a RFID chip when you get shot.
They make those RFID chips in powder form now, so you could get chipped when you get shot.
The only thing is I'm allergic to metal , I can't touch metal or cheap jewelry so one way or another, I will die from metal poisoning.

I wonder will they will have differet chips for different people, like american middle class, or american send this one to camp FEMA for shower.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by googolplex]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

They tell you "if your kid gets a fever after getting the vaccine, don't give them the follow up vaccines because they could become autistic."

Who tells you that, you're not talking about anyone in the medical profession are you, or the government ?

Wow omg how did I get Pertussis?! Oh noooo. Oh wait, I never got the full vaccine. If I did, I would have been fine.

My mom had the measles as a kid. I got a measles vaccine. I didn't get the measles.

That's not entirely true getting vaccines does not gaurantee that you will not get the disease that you've been vaccinated against.

Both of my sons had all of their vaccines and they both still got the mumps, my youngest had a very severe case.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I don't see how this is anything out of the ordinary. I've worked in grocery stores before where they've promoted and administered flu shots.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join