It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Picture Worth A thousand Words?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
As an above the knee amputee, who can walk fairly well with a prostetic, although a bit slower than a normal person...; this picture really does say alot to me.

Say when I walking from the parking lot to the store or any example you can think of, when fully healthy people walk ahead of me like this it really pisses me off.

I dont think Obama should be holding the guys hand, he's already got someone helping him, plus he has a cane in the other hand, but he shoudl be walking close to or a little behind him, especially when going down steps, what uf the guy trips and fall, Obama wouldn't know until he heard the thud.

No..he's striding ahead, and probably increasing the distance with every step.

I dunno maybe you have to be disabled to understand how this makes one feel.

Heck before I lost my leg I never knew how rude some people can be, and how kind others can be. Unfortunately there are far more rude people (the ones that let the heavy 7-11 door slam right into you instead of holding it open for you)

Never noticed all of this till I lost my leg. It's like haveing your eyes opened, literally. I can tell you what type of person someone is just by talking or in this case walking with them for a few minutes.

It truely was an eye opening experience to a part of the world, and mankind I never knew existed. Really, really wierd.

But looking at this picture. Obama would have done much better to at least keep the same pace as the man with the cane, instead of striding ahead, which makes the man feel slow and even more disabled. To me it does speak volumes as to the inner person of Obama. He could care less for the sick or injured. This guy has done nothing good since comeing into office.

But aks people who love him, and why theylove him, and what has he done? They'll tell you, well When I hear him speak I can tell he is a genuine and honest man that cares, and wants to help the country. What a joke. This man has the masses brainwashed with Charisma and false promises alone. All talk, no action, false promises, false hope. They have a name for these people, well theres people who share these exact traits, there called "Cult Leaders". Biden is no good neither, so we have no hopes but for the world to wake up, and elect Dr. Ron Paul if he runs in the next election. Heck if they still have elections by then.

No I'm not getting all this from that single picture, but ya, that picture is a microcosim(sp?) of the entirety.., the whole that is Obama. He has no business being Potus.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by fleabit
It is when you create blogs like that, and posts like this, that you are now truly grasping for straws in a desperate attempt to try to discredit the man you clearly hate.

This topic is overrun with attacks on me and have nothing to do with the topic.

You are not going to shut me up.

[edit on 093131p://bSaturday2009 by Stormdancer777]

I'm trying to make you see common sense. Ok.. let's see. They were coming from inside. How do you not know that say... Obama had helped him down an entire flight of stairs inside? Through a door? Then when they came out the front, he was moving ahead to talk to someone, and so the other fellow decided to assist the professor? Oh.. you don't. You are guessing. You are assuming that this single picture clearly demonstrates what sort of person Obama is, which is one of the ludicrous things I've ever heard.

This picture means nothing at all. Like I said, your dislike of Obama is clearly coloring your opinion and bias. If you were to look at this with common sense, you'd realize you cannot possibly determine his character by a single snapshot. To make an entire blog and post on it is laughable in the extreme. That's all I'm saying.

Nola, I think you are reading waaay too much into this. You have no idea what happened before nor after, and this man is hardly disabled, he is old and has a cane. And speak for yourself. I lived with someone who also had a leg removed over the knee. I helped out quite a bit, even cleaned her prosthetic, etc., but she would get PO'd if I tried to assist with many things. She made it clear that she felt she could do anything anyone else could, and that that sort of assistance is WHAT made her feel like a cripple. She didn't want folks hovering over her, walking behind her, or treating her like she was a damaged person.

But this guy is not even disabled. And you don't even know if Obama helped him prior. You are assuming that one snapshot can determine everything else that happened, AND describes Obama's character. You are good! All from one photo. Amazing.

[edit on 1-8-2009 by fleabit]

[edit on 1-8-2009 by fleabit]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I really have to clarify why I dislike Obama, and it isn't racism, never have I judged someone for the color of their skin, and I don't think most Americans do,

I am of three races myself and have a African American great grand daughter. I live in the inner city, in a multicultural neighborhood,

Anyway, I am really shocked by the post, I actually thought this would have been another dead thread, I cannot believe it got the hits it did, I can't believe I got the hits I did.

I guess my main beef with Obama is his stand on abortion. I know, I am one of those HORRIBLE..........."PRO LIFERS."

Close Second would been the church he attended, IMHO Obama is the racist, I believe this with all my heart.

His rush to judgment to vilify Crowly as a racist cop was just another reason for me to believe he is racist.

I want to know more about this man, Obama.

And we still know very little.

OK carry on.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

This is the most silly thing I've ever seen.

What the body language reveals to me is that the two who were once at odds are now working together, while Obama moves ahead after having brokered this peace.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Wow! So arrogant! He should be ashamed.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Storm.. it's fine to be at odds with Obama, I could care less, it's expected. No President in our history has ever nor will ever have 100% support. But I am always at odds with such cheap attempts to attempt and vilify someone as important as our President. Support his and his administrations decisions or not, but at least show the leader of our nation at least degree of respect. You cannot possibly determine the character of Obama by that single photo.

The fact that people can have multi-paragraph characterizations of our President by a simple photograph of him walking just boggles the mind.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

This is the most silly thing I've ever seen.

What the body language reveals to me is that the two who were once at odds are now working together, while Obama moves ahead after having brokered this peace.

Obama brokering peace? That is the most silly thing I've ever heard.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Once again another inflammatory ATS post about a non event!

The good professor had a cane in one hand! And since you inflammatory people missed it, his 'opponent' in the issue had got over his issues and was helping the professor.

Also it's not like it would have been smart or wise for Obama to interfere with the free movement of the cane.

Secondly, for all intents, this is just one -1- image, where are the other pictures of them coming out of the White House? Or the ones after?

For all we know from that one image Obama was taking the few steps ahead to greet the press, and to allow the good professor time to find his mental/physical footing before the press avalanche of photos started.

As to the article where they show W and anther man helping some one who was in -Much Worse- physical condition, trying to pass off W's act as the more politically correct one. Well sorry, that just doesn't wash/fly etc.

Good Fraking Deity!

Will you Obama haters please find something newsworthy and -real- to get agitated over?

I mean come on, the man has one of the biggest messes since the great depression to clean up and he's at least trying to do so. Fine you don't like how he's doing it, well in 3.5 years you can vote for some other poor sod. (Of whom you can hate even more.)

Seriously, I wish You/The Obama haters would find something real; not fabricated or inflammatory to be upset with / over.

M.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
it "reveals" absolutely nothing...there are so many good reasons why obama is not helping gates, they're too numerous to mention. someone is reading wwwaaaaaayyyy too much into this. get a grip, for god's sakes

I agree completely.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Thanks for you life story and failed attempt to mask you bigotry.

Funny you pour gasoline on the smoldering ashes and act surprised when the flames heat up. ( I love the additional source Hot Air / Michelle Malkin.)

You seem to frequent right-wing neocon sites and parrot their hate-filled venom.

It was a random still image capturing a moment in time and since you like quoting
old adages...please remember "Actions speak louder than words." Your threads and posts OVERWHELMING wreak of Anti-Obama smears. This one is no different, except you got pwnd.

When all you have is a hammer, I suppose all your problems look like nails.

[edit on 1-8-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Here try this one, lol

Two Decades to an American Culture of Death
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks guys for helping me make it to the main page.

Be sure to post something of substance, I wager a bet you don't touch my other topics.
Obama Nazi Health-Care Plan Revolves Around Hastings, Agency of the British Crown's Eugenics Moveme
www.abovetopsecret.com...

How about this one?

Now that I have your attention.

wake up

[edit on 123131p://bSaturday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Excuse me, but his condescension and self rightous demeanor are evident as he strolls down the steps as if he is the "Lord of all creation".

Anyone ever read, "The Dark Knight Returns" by Frank Miller. Their is a scene where Superman is standing with his foot on a rock staring up at the sky and Bruce Wayne muses internally, "Look at him. It's as if it's all here for him." (paraphrase).

Obama has been groomed for so long that he is "divine" he's actually starting to believe it! IMHO.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Did some of you guys come from AR?

[edit on 123131p://bSaturday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by phi1618
seems like a picture could be worth a thousand words, as well as a thousand interpretations.

I agree. I dont particularly like Obama. Yet, it could just be the guy had a hard day... Or has something heavy on his mind. I know it would be very hard for me to maintain a flawlessly impeccable facet at all times of the day. And I'm sure this guy has more on his shoulders/mind than I.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
If you look closely the old man has a walking stick in his left hand. It would be pretty pointless for the President to take his arm.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213
As an above the knee amputee, who can walk fairly well with a prostetic, although a bit slower than a normal person...; this picture really does say alot to me.

Say when I walking from the parking lot to the store or any example you can think of, when fully healthy people walk ahead of me like this it really pisses me off.

I dont think Obama should be holding the guys hand, he's already got someone helping him, plus he has a cane in the other hand, but he shoudl be walking close to or a little behind him, especially when going down steps, what uf the guy trips and fall, Obama wouldn't know until he heard the thud.

No..he's striding ahead, and probably increasing the distance with every step.

I dunno maybe you have to be disabled to understand how this makes one feel.

Heck before I lost my leg I never knew how rude some people can be, and how kind others can be. Unfortunately there are far more rude people (the ones that let the heavy 7-11 door slam right into you instead of holding it open for you)

Never noticed all of this till I lost my leg. It's like haveing your eyes opened, literally. I can tell you what type of person someone is just by talking or in this case walking with them for a few minutes.

It truely was an eye opening experience to a part of the world, and mankind I never knew existed. Really, really wierd.

But looking at this picture. Obama would have done much better to at least keep the same pace as the man with the cane, instead of striding ahead, which makes the man feel slow and even more disabled. To me it does speak volumes as to the inner person of Obama. He could care less for the sick or injured. This guy has done nothing good since comeing into office.

But aks people who love him, and why theylove him, and what has he done? They'll tell you, well When I hear him speak I can tell he is a genuine and honest man that cares, and wants to help the country. What a joke. This man has the masses brainwashed with Charisma and false promises alone. All talk, no action, false promises, false hope. They have a name for these people, well theres people who share these exact traits, there called "Cult Leaders". Biden is no good neither, so we have no hopes but for the world to wake up, and elect Dr. Ron Paul if he runs in the next election. Heck if they still have elections by then.

No I'm not getting all this from that single picture, but ya, that picture is a microcosim(sp?) of the entirety.., the whole that is Obama. He has no business being Potus.

Evidently many of you failed to read this post. Star for you Nola.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Indeed this picture like so many others means absolutely nothing if you where not there and have no idea what came before or after.

Isolated pictures can be manipulated to tell whatever story that one wishes to devise.

I am so tired of people pumping their own beliefs into situations when they don't have all the facts. I work over 80 hours a week in health care and I can guarantee you that there is no single universal answer for every medical condition or situation.

People choose to be blind to the truth. Every patient is triaged and unless you are independently wealthy and can afford the health care and doctor of your choice, you will get only what the people that control the money decides that you can have. You will not get the test, the procedures or the medication that may be best for you. You will get what is best for the insurance company's or HMO's bottom line.

Socialized medicine? Does anyone know when insurance backed health care came into being? It really has not been around that long. A little research and history should be mandatory for all of those preaching about socialized medicine.

Hospitals originally never were expected to produce a profit. They all ran in the red and were expected to, unless they were privately owned and run; and the few of those were places where the rich and famous would go to take a rest.

All other hospitals were state owned and run and were supplemented by the federal government.

You see there is nothing new under the sun and sometimes it is not a bad idea to take a step backwards before forging ahead.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
If this turns into an abortion thread, I'm simply not going to even read threads like this anymore.

To be honest, there have been times when I've done "arrogant" things like this without realizing it. If you start off walking ahead, you simply don't realize what's going on behind you. If Gates got there before Obama did originally, Obama may not have realized he had any problems walking at all.

But really I thought this discussion was about the picture and not policy.

Because everytime I see someone trying to make a good argument about something and they stick in "Oh but I don't like him anyway because of xxxxx." I get a little mad.

You know I really don't get snappy. I try not to. But if you have an issue with your President, leave.

If I have an issue with the next President, if they try to overturn Roe v Wade, particularly, I've already said that I'll be the first one out.

At this point he isn't taking away anyone's rights. It seems like people are urging him to do that, to take away rights, when he should be granting more of them.

[edit on 8/1/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
bush properbly needed beards vote..:-)
never forgett how much disabled are counted up since he was president...:-(

[edit on 1-8-2009 by ressiv]

[edit on 1-8-2009 by ressiv]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Wouldn't you think Ovomit would have wanted the photo opt of him helping the cripple dude down the stairs? Guess he did not care.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join