It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Picture Worth A thousand Words?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

nothing in this picture that reminds me of arroganse.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by ziggystar60

nothing in this picture that reminds me of arroganse.

Nice emoticon!

But it wasn't really what I was looking for...

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Do you think that a meeting such as this isn't carefully orchestrated? The whole "beer summit" was a huge public relations stunt from start to finish.

Think of what this photo looks like to most people. You've got Obama, out in front, where he'll always be placed (by the White House, anyway). Crowley, the so-called racist cop, is helping Gates navigate the stairs. Obama is not interfering, he's letting them work it out themselves - and it's working. Racial harmony, reconciliation, healing. Obama didn't *make* it happen; all he did is provide the setting, and it happened by itself, because that's the kind of people we've got in this country.

That's the message it's sending. That photo was carefully staged in order to make that statement. I doubt the players even knew just what the idea was behind the picture. Someone said, you grab his arm, Mr. President walk on ahead, bingo.

BTW - it is often the case that what you see in a situation, a photograph, whatever, has more to do with you than with the situation.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Are Gates and the cop not engaged in conversation? As if the body language isn't enough, Gates' mouth is actually open in speech. That would seem to be the reason why Obama is at a slight distance.

And once again, I feel as though I've just passionately argued the climate and terrain of Middle Earth.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajesticJax
You know, I would feel better about this cop if it wasn't for the "jungle monkey" comment.

He didn't say that.

That was another cop.

Yeah, that was apparently a DIFFERENT racist cop...

I thought the same thing. The names are different and everything.

I don't like the pic. I like seeing the cop helping Gates. What else is he gonna do? He seems like a good cop. I don't like the lack of a coat for the president. I know I'm nitpicking. It just seems like a lack of respect, even though he has no reason to respect anyone.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by KSPigpen]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystar60
I see nothing in this picture that reminds me of arroganse. All I see is a man walking
Can someone help me out here, and explain excactly WHAT it is that reveals arroganse..?

That is because you cropped out the arrogant part?

Do you read? The entire point of the thread was that Obama is NOT helping the crippled dude down the stairs and instead let his guest do that honor.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Clearly Obama has been very successful in resolving the conflict between the two men to the extent that one is now considerate of the infirmity of the other. The way things should be.

Obama comes across as a warm and affable host; no sign arrogance and distinctly different to the Bolshoi arms akimbo Bush swagger.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
[quote
even though he has no reason to respect anyone.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by KSPigpen]

The HELL he doesn't.

2nd line.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajesticJax
You know, I would feel better about this cop if it wasn't for the "jungle monkey" comment.

He didn't say that.

That was another cop.

Yes. That comment was made in an email from a knuckle dragger on the Boston police force. We're talking Sgt. Crowley from a different jurisdiction.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
This is one of the most ridiculous anti-obama threads i have read .. ever...

..second line..

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher
Obama comes across as a warm and affable host; no sign arrogance and distinctly different to the Bolshoi arms akimbo Bush swagger.

Wow, you fell for the photo opt hook, line and sinker.

You don't really think Obama cared do you? That was a staged event to help Obama dig himself out of a hole after he opened the can of worms by flapping his gums during the press conference.

Now being down to Earth and being genuine is what Bush was about when he invited people to the white house or his ranch. It does not get any better than Bush driving guests around in his truck at the ranch.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
this entire article about an innocuous photo (which is after all merely a nanosecond in time) epitomizes the old saying, "making a mountain out of a mole hill." it's a real stretch to be interpreting things this way or any way at all for that matter. someone has either a vivid imagination or too much time on their hands, or both.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystar60
I must be completely blind, and I have obviously NO knowledge about body language, I see nothing in this picture that reminds me of arroganse. All I see is a man walking...

Originally posted by masonwatcher
Clearly Obama has been very successful in resolving the conflict between the two men to the extent that one is now considerate of the infirmity of the other. The way things should be.

Oh, how pitifully naive to ignore the great intricacies of Obama's figure. Indeed, a single frame conveys the slithering conspirator and his connivery, his arrogance, his writhing cruelty!

Woe betide America, who slays not the serpent of destruction! Woooeeeee!

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

That is because you cropped out the arrogant part?

OK Here is the other part wheres the arrogance?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6d908366cfd1.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 31-7-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
OK Here is the other part wheres the arrogance?

Wow

Why do you and others keep cropping the full picture in order to make a lame point?

I guess that is the only way you can fit your beliefs to reality and your gut feeling.

Alter the photo to meet your beliefs.

I changed the photo, now I feel better.
You do realize that you are NOT helping your case right?

[edit on 7/31/2009 by WhatTheory]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I think we can paint a more revealing portrait by examining each type of Beer that each member of this secret meeting had to drink.

The most astounding revelation is that the Vice President did NOT drink a Beer! He had a non-alcoholic beverage!

How can we trust a man who does not drink Beer?

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TurkeyBurgers
How can we trust a man who does not drink Beer?

Now that is an excellent point.

Beer....second line....Beer

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Doesn't protocol call for the President to enter the room or ceremony first?

Obama wasn't my choice for president, but he's doing nothing wrong here and probably doesn't realize what's going on behind him.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

Thank you for corroborating my afore mentioned statements.
Planned from start to finish.
Yet still subject to interpretation.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

I'm glad I read the whole thread and didn't skip ahead, Chiron.

Think of what this photo looks like to most people. You've got Obama, out in front, where he'll always be placed (by the White House, anyway). Crowley, the so-called racist cop, is helping Gates navigate the stairs. Obama is not interfering, he's letting them work it out themselves - and it's working. Racial harmony, reconciliation, healing. Obama didn't *make* it happen; all he did is provide the setting, and it happened by itself, because that's the kind of people we've got in this country.

I think you pegged it. I think that says more than if the officer was standing off to the side. It may well be orchestrated, but possibly is exactly as you said.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join