It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Picture Worth A thousand Words?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Look at this picture.

Obama's revealing body language

www.americanthinker.com...

I am stunned that the official White House Blog published this picture and that it is in the public domain. The body language is most revealing.

Sergeant Crowley, the sole class act in this trio, helps the handicapped Professor Gates down the stairs, while Barack Obama, heedless of the infirmities of his friend and fellow victim of self-defined racial profiling, strides ahead on his own. So who is compassionate? And who is so self-involved and arrogant that he is oblivious?

In my own dealings with the wealthy and powerful, I have always found that the way to quickly capture the moral essence of a person is to watch how they treat those who are less powerful. Do they understand that the others are also human beings with feelings? Especially when they think nobody is looking.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I totally agree!! The evidence just keeps building!

+32 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
it "reveals" absolutely nothing...there are so many good reasons why obama is not helping gates, they're too numerous to mention. someone is reading wwwaaaaaayyyy too much into this. get a grip, for god's sakes

+16 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I wholeheartedly disagree.
For once, I think this action is as deliberate as it is meaningful.
Obama is meant to stand out, as the presiding mind of reason.
The SGT. is helping a former enemy, (slice it how you wish),
showing a mental growth that has taken place.
Obama is purposely out of the fold on this one to allow the other 2 their moment or reconciliation. He is flying away like the superman that has just saved the out of control train.
He is trying to look as heroic as possible here, without looking for thanks or praise.

Keep in mind, I really do not support OBAMA, but I really feel the OP and the author of that article are, seeing things for the worst, and could not disagree more.
That's my opinion, and I am entitled to it, and you to yours.
Have a nice day, and try to learn something here. Look for the positive aspects of any bad situation.

[edit on 31/7/2009 by reticledc]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
it "reveals" absolutely nothing...there are so many good reasons why obama is not helping gates, they're too numerous to mention. someone is reading wwwaaaaaayyyy too much into this. get a grip, for god's sakes

It is not about Gates.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
You know, I would feel better about this cop if it wasn't for the "jungle monkey" comment.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajesticJax
You know, I would feel better about this cop if it wasn't for the "jungle monkey" comment.

He didn't say that.

That was another cop.

link   
This is what it brought to my mind.

President Obama suggested at a town hall event Wednesday night that one way to shave medical costs is to stop expensive and ultimately futile procedures performed on people who are about to die and don't stand to gain from the extra care.

In a nationally televised event at the White House, Obama said families need better information so they don't unthinkingly approve "additional tests or additional drugs that the evidence shows is not necessarily going to improve care."

He added: "Maybe you're better off not having the surgery, but taking the painkiller."

spectator.org...

[edit on 063131p://bFriday2009 by Stormdancer777]

+2 more 
link   
seems like a picture could be worth a thousand words, as well as a thousand interpretations.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
We weren't there, so we can never be too judgmental. He may have offered to help, he may not have. So I am not going to jump to conclusions and say it is ill-mannered .

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

That was Officer Justin Barrett, 36, who is also an active member of the National Guard, who sent an e-mail to some fellow Guard members, as well as the Boston Globe, in which he vented his displeasure with a July 22 Globe column about Gates' controversial arrest.
www.drudge.com...

See how people get things confused?

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by phi1618
seems like a picture could be worth a thousand words, as well as a thousand interpretations.

No doubt.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scooby Doo
We weren't there, so we can never be too judgmental. He may have offered to help, he may not have. So I am not going to jump to conclusions and say it is ill-mannered .

True.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by jimmyx

It is not about Gates.

huh?...the OP asked why obama is not helping gates down the steps, and then goes on to accuse obama of indifference to his friend...that is what i read. what did you read?

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

Bingo!
You hit it!
I still feel that it was a moment for the sake of everyone.
I wouldn't be very open if I denied other interpretations though.
Great!!

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

That was Officer Justin Barrett, 36, who is also an active member of the National Guard, who sent an e-mail to some fellow Guard members, as well as the Boston Globe, in which he vented his displeasure with a July 22 Globe column about Gates' controversial arrest.
www.drudge.com...

I stand corrected. I consider myself fairly tolerant of other people.

How many other people has this confused? Maybe that was intentional, huh?

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Great find Stardancer! I think this picture actually defines the phrase "A picture is worth a 1000 words".

Wow

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I must be completely blind, and I have obviously NO knowledge about body language, I see nothing in this picture that reminds me of arroganse. All I see is a man walking...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f37f6da88938.jpg[/atsimg]

Can someone help me out here, and explain excactly WHAT it is that reveals arroganse..?

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
That's cool. Might be helping along with the "coming conservative tide" since a major news outlet is publishing it. But the correct (and this was mentioned on Rush Limbaugh's show) analogy of Obama Care isn't the picture. It's the Cash for Clunkers program. If the government can't manage this simple $1 billion program how can it expect to handle the entire medical records of the population? Nice find by the way.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

www.drudge.com...

I stand corrected. I consider myself fairly tolerant of other people.

How many other people has this confused? Maybe that was intentional, huh?

Could be,

Not to anger the Bush haters, but,

mksviews.files.wordpress.com...

upload.wikimedia.org...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join