It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre phone call

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Right, I don't know if this is a paranormal event or not.

I leave work and put mobile/cell phone in my pocket without the key pad being locked. Get home and just about to put key in the door and my mobile rings, private number is on the screen.

"Hello" says I.

"Who are you?" Says the female voice on the other end.

"Who am I, your phoning me, who are you?" Says I.

"You've just phoned me, I did a 1471(number of last call), and your number came up." The female voice insists.

"But I haven't phoned anyone with this phone since yesterday." I inform her.

"Check you're last dialed number." She instructs me.

"OK I will do, sorry for disturbing you." I apolgies.

"That's OK, it happens." She hangs up.

I am now in my place so I check the last dialed. Now the bizarre bit, the last dialed number is to my appartment. A right WTF? moment, but I look closer.
Last number was 289 %%%%, her last four numbers are the same as mine and my number is 290 %%%%.

Now what are the chance of my mobile dialing that number totally at random whilst stuffed in my pocket?

Was tempted to phone her back and tell her this, but thought she might think I'm a nutter/stalker.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Wow...that is kinda weird...you SHOULD call her back and tell her...see what she says.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
bit late now i think. she could have been the love of my life, my soul mate. She did sound very nice!!

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Its a prank call... i've heard hundreds where they use 2 phone lines to call up 2 different people, then they connect them together so people end up arguing saying' you called me' 'no you called ME' etc. Nothing paranormal about that.

edit: unless i totally misunderstood your post

[Edited on 11-5-2004 by tetsujin]

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 03:07 AM
link   
The saame thing has happened to me twice my friend has done it.He leaves his keypad unlocked like you and accidentally dialled my number i heard his lesson(he's ateacher too) i called him later that day and told him he said he had no recollection of it.

Its just a mistake you unkowingly dial som1s number if you leave the kepad unlocked.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 04:52 AM
link   
tetsujin it wasn't a prank call. It was my cell phone that dialed out first without my knowledge. It dialing a number that connected is odd enough but the really bizarre bit is that the number it dialed was the same number as my appartment. The only difference was the area code. Her's is 289 and mine is 290, the last for digitsare the same.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 04:55 AM
link   
It could be a scam.
There's one going around at the moment where people ring you and get you to phone them back. When you do, you will find that you are getting charged �50 a minute!!!

The sad thing is that this is totally legal.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britman
The only difference was the area code. Her's is 289 and mine is 290, the last for digitsare the same.

I would suggest you inadvertently called your own number and some problem with the switch gear caused the wrong area code to be dialled. I'm sure the explaination is simple.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I had a phone call from a 714 area code on my cell phone the other day. Glad I didn't call it.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
One time I called my friend and instead of my friend I heard "Hello, This is the President." Imagine my suprise when I found out that my friends phone number is one off of the presidents....

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Once we got a call from a friend of ours that we hadnt called in ages, and she was using the *49 or whatever, it was really weird hearing her voice on the other side of the phone, insisting we had called her, when we found out who it was.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Britman, those cell phones can be tricky and I have had several instances where people call me because my number was on their caller ID and I hadn't called. I once got a wierd call which listed it as a private number but listed the call time as the following morning so in essence, I got a call from tomorrow. I posted it somewhere on here after it happened and it was the consenses then that it was a tech glich. The wireless world is full of them.

But, its probably not paranormal so I will respectfully place it in a proper forum.

AC

new topics

top topics

join