It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lobbyists send forged letters to VA congressman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Forged letters to congressman anger local groups

dailyprogess.com

s U.S. Rep. Tom Perriello was considering how to vote on an important piece of climate change legislation in June, the freshman congressman’s office received at least six letters from two Charlottesville-based minority organizations voicing opposition to the measure. The letters, as it turns out, were forgeries.

“They stole our name. They stole our logo. They created a position title and made up the name of someone to fill it. They forged a letter and sent it to our congressman without our authorization,” said Tim Freilich, who sits on the executive committee of Creciendo Juntos, a nonprofit network that tackles issues related to Charlottesville’s Hispanic community. “It’s this type of activity that undermines Americans’ faith in democracy.”

The article goes on to say that the lobbying firm characterized it as a "mistake" and apologized for the "error". The congressman's staffers then went through more letters and found 5 MORE forged letters after cross referencing the names signed on them.

I think this goes to show just how corrupt our system is. Of course, there are good people. But the problem is that the ones who aren't so "good" will do bad things to get what they want and it's hard to fight against people who don't play by the rules.

Makes me wonder how many times things like these go completely unnoticed?

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
if they are forgeries in opposition to the illegal and unconstitutional cap and tax scheme, hopefully more.

I"m sure this was caught quickly because minority organizations being in opposition to cap and tax would be like the NRA being in opposition to the 2nd amendment.

join