It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hidden Messages in Water.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
A few years ago I read the book, “The Hidden Messages in Water” by Dr. Masaru Emoto, today I was reminded of his great research and decided it is more then worthy of being shared with ATS community.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/91741031b7ad.jpg[/atsimg]

This book is a great read, and it isn’t very long, maybe 80-90 pages of text and some 30 pages of extremely beautiful water crystal photographs. I suggest to anyone interested in the field of health and self improvement to go to your local library and check it out.

What Dr. Emoto has done is developed a technique to photograph water crystals in a controlled environment (same physical conditions for every test), the only variable is the emotion/feeling/message delivered to the water. However its not just you or I that can effect water, imagery, music and the message itself (written out) has a huge effect on the formation of the crystals.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f98c13a71c99.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/730e173d7001.jpg[/atsimg]

It seems the more positive the thought/message, the more complex, bright and beautiful the water crystal becomes; however when negativity is applied, the crystals form warped, dull, broken crystals. The results are amazing, this isn’t a case of this happening once in a while, this happens EVERYTIME the experiment is conducted.

It is a some what profound feeling you get when you realize the power your own thoughts and emotions have over the element that makes up about 80% of your body. If you can effect the water in the bottle next to your keyboard, then think of the consequences your thoughts must have on your being…

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f194c913f3d0.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 7/31/2009 by Alaskan Man]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Does this experiment give the exact same results 100% of the time? Do we get to see EVERY result from EVERY test or just the results that go toward proving this theory?

I know you said that the words had to be WRITTEN on paper. Why could they not be typed so the same amount of pressure would leave the same depth of indentation on the paper? How does he explain how WRITING the message down transferes negative energy into the paper and then from the paper into the water?

There are so many different ice crystals that he would be able to photograph. He could literally pick and choose which crystals to photograph that would support his theory and simply discard the crystals that did not.

There are way too many holes in his experiment that do not prevent Bias. I would have to say I cannot accept the results from his experiment until he adjusts the experiment to remove the Bias.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TurkeyBurgers
There are way too many holes in his experiment that do not prevent Bias. I would have to say I cannot accept the results from his experiment until he adjusts the experiment to remove the Bias.

The very experiments ARE about "bias" effecting the outcome of observation.

Emotions such as love, gratitude and humor cannot be quantified within the linear newtonian paradigm, but they can be felt spiritually and their effects can be seen and repeated...as demonstrated in decades of meticulous research.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TurkeyBurgers
Does this experiment give the exact same results 100% of the time? Do we get to see EVERY result from EVERY test or just the results that go toward proving this theory?

I know you said that the words had to be WRITTEN on paper. Why could they not be typed so the same amount of pressure would leave the same depth of indentation on the paper? How does he explain how WRITING the message down transferes negative energy into the paper and then from the paper into the water?

There are so many different ice crystals that he would be able to photograph. He could literally pick and choose which crystals to photograph that would support his theory and simply discard the crystals that did not.

why to you keep emphasizing "written"? they can be typed, you can even draw a little message, Japanese characters even work.

here's an idea, do your own research, your own experiments and come to your own conclusions if you are in such disbelief.

i am sorry this article angered you so much, it was supposed to have the opposite effect.

edited to add: BTW its not just written, you can simply think, speak, sing or draw a picture, please read my op a little more closely, i haven't edited it any since your original read.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

The very experiments ARE about "bias" effecting the outcome of observation.

Emotions such as love, gratitude and humor cannot be quantified within the linear newtonian paradigm, but they can be felt spiritually and their effects can be seen and repeated...as demonstrated in decades of meticulous research.

Totally agree, thanks for the reply Sky.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
It is not about being "angered" it is about being honest. A Scientist would do the tests and make sure to document every single ice crystal. Not just a "few" that look "pretty" or corroborate a theory. What we are seeing is the direct result of bias affecting the experiment.

I will investigate the experiment to see exactly how he did it and come back and post. I think it is important to be skeptical of experiments that appear to be "loose". You should be too. Do not let your emotion affect your judgment in Science.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Fascinating isnt it!

I made a thread today based on a documentary about water. In the documentary it goes into this subject.

I urge everyone to watch it.

Water - Documentary

It also tells the story of a group of people stranded at sea. The water was not drinkable so they all sent out mental messages about how the water around them was in fact drinkable.
When they tasted it afterward, it was clean, drinking water

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

I to am skeptical in my life, however i believe in the power of thoughts and emotions.

I once read of a woman who lifted a car off her child after an accident, could she repeat the same act over and over again? probably not, does it make it any less amazing? nope.

Edited to add: I know that doesn't completely apply here, he is dwelling in the realm of science, however others have come to the same conclusion has Dr. Emoto, after repeating the experiment.

you could be right tho, he could be faking it all, but i for one believe him.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Fascinating indeed! i will have to check out that doc you mentioned in your reply.

thank you for the contribution to the thread

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Interesting this coming up here on ATS. I've actually been reading a lot about hexagonal water and am experimenting with the water itself.
Now when I got told about what the water can do I was very sceptical, but I'm open to anything and will give it a fair chance before making up my mind.
I was given a gadget that helps to create hexagonal water, and started using it, trying to remain as open minded as possible.
As a test I've been giving some of the hexagonal water to a plant that was almost dead even though it was being watered every other day with regular tap water. Once I started to give it hexagonal water it perked up and in the space of 1 week it has not only come back to life, but also has new growth in places where it was almost dead. It is now twice as big as it was under 2 weeks ago.
I am now drinking the water myself and I have definitely noticed subtle changes.
Whether the actual crystals can photographed or not is not really my point, or whether emotions can be passed on to the water. In my opinion a thought can create an emotion and as an energy it can be transferred.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

Hey this is a cool thread
I have never heard of this nor have I seen this before, so now I will have to go and learn. Thanks for bringing this to ATS.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mysticus22

great reply, after reading this book a few years ago i too conducted my own experiments, however i wasn't clever enough to test them on plants as you did.

I simply tested it on myself, i would place tape on my bottles of water that had positive or appreciative messages on it.

It may of been a case of mind over matter (see placebo 101) but i felt great a few days after starting, it was wonderful.

unfortunately my life was upturned a few months later and through all the moving and changing of my career, i stopped the practice.

i plan on starting again tho, after being reminded of its benefits.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Ok look. I just spent literally two minutes researching Masaru Emoto. The first link that came up was Wikipedia. I am not going to use his educational background as a means to discredit his experiment. No way Jose! His experiment should be able to speak for itself regardless of who performs it.
Here is what Wikipedia has to say about his experiment (NOT his education or character).

moto's water crystal experiments consist of exposing water in glasses to different words, pictures, or music, and then freezing and examining the aesthetics of the resulting crystals with microscopic photography.

Commentators have criticized Emoto for insufficient experimental controls, and for not sharing enough details of his approach with the scientific community. In addition, Emoto has been criticized for designing his experiments in ways that leave them open to human error influencing his findings.

In the day-to-day work of his group, the creativity of the photographers rather than the rigor of the experiment is an explicit policy of Emoto. Emoto freely acknowledges that he is not a scientist, and that photographers are instructed to select the most pleasing photographs.

In 2006, Emoto published a paper together with Dean Radin and others in the peer-reviewed Explore: The Journal of Science and Healing, in which they describe that in a double blind test approximately 2000 people in Tokyo could increase the aesthetic appeal of water stored in a room in California, compared to water in another room, solely through their positive intentions.

James Randi, founder of the James Randi Educational Foundation, has publicly offered Emoto one million dollars if his results can be reproduced in a double-blind study.

I think it is VERY important to note that he is not taking any effort to prevent Human BIAS from contaminating his experiments! YOU SHOULD TOO!

I am all about him advertising this as "Palm Reading" but when you start to mention things like "controlled environment (same physical conditions for every test), the only variable is the emotion/feeling/message delivered to the water." then I am obligated to call it out as bunk.

Saying things like "The results are amazing, this isn’t a case of this happening once in a while, this happens EVERYTIME the experiment is conducted." is another false statement that needs to be reconsidered.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alaskan Man
why to you keep emphasizing "written"? they can be typed, you can even draw a little message, Japanese characters even work.

here's an idea, do your own research, your own experiments and come to your own conclusions if you are in such disbelief.

It will probably sound very odd but I often do a 'TY Water' saying when I use kitchen water. And I even do a 'TY Water' togheter with my 2 year old grandchild after she's taken her bath.

In the fridge I have 2 bottles with water to 'upload' (memory), 1 with a crystal in it and 1 one with the memory of Blessed Kabbalah water (the bottle has also 2 stickers on it of some Alternative Therapy that a friend gave me.
When I fill these with (mix) with mineral water, I hold the bottles (one by one) in front of my heart and say "Love You" while visualising the color Green.

So what I wanted to say is that it's not even nessacery to write symbols on a bottle. The intention and focus with a 'TY' or "Love Y" can also be enough.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

This is fascinating! And another example of names matching up with professions.......Dr. Emoto? LOL!

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

I am sorry i have disappointed you so much, you added me to your friends list in the past so i assume at some point you thought my post were decent.

If you don't believe this, that's fine, i am talking about a book i read a few years ago, and i am stating things the book stated.

Of course Emoto is going to have huge opposition, there is no MONEY to be made in his methods, anyone can project love or appreciation into water for free.

god forbid we have something that makes people feel better that doesn't come with a prescription.

the very best advice i have for you instead of taking wiki as the gospel ( i know neither of us are religious its a joke) is to open minded-ly try it yourself, or maybe even read his book, its at most local library's, its free, and will only "waste" a few hours of your life it is all bunk.

edited: spelling

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
How well was this experiment controlled? Was there any sort of "double-blind" method going on, so that the experimenter didn't unconsciously select images that supported his theory? I don't say he was faking anything; but it is easy to unwittingly choose evidence that supports your notions, especially if you know what that evidence is supposed to look like first.

I would imagine that the experimenter performed dozens of these experiments, producing many different images for each sort of test - images of neutral tests, images of loving ones, and images of unloving ones. Each of these groups probably had considerable variation among its various results. How did he wind up picking the images for his book? Did he (unknowingly) choose the ones that looked "right" for the group, not realizing he was actively altering the data? Happens all the time, even among the most scrupulous researchers.

Would a random person, told only to sort *all* the images into three (or two) piles - "regular" or "normal" crystals, and abnormal ones - wind up sorting the images according to whether they'd been for happy or sad water? Sure, we can all see that the sad water crystals are deformed, irregular; the happy ones are beautify and regular. But were these the only images? Hardly likely.

I can see the idea here - emotional energy may be too weak to affect, say, an electric meter or something, but maybe it could alter the behavior of a few atoms as they begin to form a crystal. If they do, then the crystal's growth would magnify this effect, showing it as regularity or deformity, depending on the emotion. It's plausible; but is it true?

We can't tell from the information presented.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I am actually curious now. For quite some time I have been studying the emotions of plants and the plants ability to speak. This makes me wonder if their really is a collective conscioucness among everything. Seriously, think about this, if water can sense emotion or feel emotion (seriosuly feel emotion) then we have soemthing here. Nearly everything is created form water, every organic thing is made from water and some inorganic things as well. But does that mean that we and everything in the world can communicate through a consciousness? Could water be a middle man for emotions? When we sweat does our sweat contain or possibly harbor emotion? Could the sea have the ability to communicate with us? Theoretically it is possible for this happen, the more water the stronger and clearer the emotion. Damn this just brings more quetsions..lol.. I will be back when I have better developed thoughts.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

haha uh oh, i sparked myths curiosity

I am glad you have taken an interest in this, you are one who generally brings very informative data to the table.

i look forward to your future opinions on the subject.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
no one is saying it's a bad idea. the experiment is wishy-washy is all... does this only apply to water? what about fruits and vegtables?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join