It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

war heroes graves destroyed in rage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
british war heores graves in gaza where destroyed and defaced by criminals
i am angry about this !
who else is angry about this?

[Edited on 10-5-2004 by devilwasp]

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I didnt know of this

But yeah it does make me angry

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
sadness

[Edited on 10-5-2004 by devilwasp]

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Jeeze, this is almost as bad as when those French people were digging up the British graves and yelling Take back your trash...

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
it seems as if respect and morality has hit an all time low in the world. it's people like that, that those who attempt good, lose faith in all of humanity.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Wow, that's not cool, man. Defacing stuff like that has gotta be bad karma. It doesn't say who it was, but a lot of people will probably be pointing the finger at local Palestinians. Something tells me that it wasn't. Here's a quote that supports this random hunch:

" Our religion as Muslims and our tradition as Palestinians forbid such acts "

-Cemetery head gardener Issam Jaradeh

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Jeeze, this is almost as bad as when those French people were digging up the British graves and yelling Take back your trash...

When/where was this!?!

But yeah, of any graves to rob, I'm saddened to hear that the bodies of heroes of WW2 would be treated with such disrespect and lack of appreciation.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Yeah, Yeah Omega

Funny that islamic apologetists also say that suicide bombing, and dragging bodies through streets is also "unislamic".

Come on they even wrote "we will take revenge" ...
Words and deeds are as congruent there as in an Iraqi prison ...

Its very sad ....

[Edited on 10-5-2004 by Netchicken]

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Jeese, even if you hate the country for something they did, don't deface the resting places of dead people. They didn't do this because they are dead. Those people are just... sick.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
That made me sick.

I would like to see those punks try to mess with some live British soldiers and then see how they like it when they get their asses handed back to them....

[Edited on 10-5-2004 by Facefirst]

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   
So very, very sad. IF this gets any mention in the media at large I'm sure that it will be written off as being fuled by the pictures and video. It's war, we do something that shows a problem, we condem it, investigate, prosecute. Burnt bodies, dead POWs, female prisoners may be used as sex slaves, desicrated graves-- Well what else can these poor people do when fighting the Evil Satan.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
it WAS on the media duke
on BBC tonight
was very sadding and it angered me even more !
i swear if i catch one of them ill break every law in the geneva convention

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Issam Jaradi, the head gardener, said he was returning from his house when he saw the vandals. "I shouted at them and they ran away," he said.

His father Ibrahim Jaradi, who preceded his son as head gardener and was appointed MBE in 1994 for his 44 years'
service to the cemetery, said: "What they have done is against our religion. Only people who have no heart can do this." He added: "The pictures explain why they did this."

Another of his sons, Ala'a, said: "This is the most peaceful place in Gaza. Everyone loves it. This has never happened before." He said the cemetery contains graves of Jewish servicemen and they had never been damaged.

Graves of UK soldiers defaced with photos of abuse

Indeed, a very sad act of vandalism.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Yeah pretty sick indeed. Though i didnt know Brits were buried there. That comes as a surprise.

Screwing with the dead is, well......plain out a no-no.

new topics

top topics

join