It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caught on CopCam: Cops Planting Drugs On Suspect

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
A lawsuit was filed on Thursday accusing Cookeville, Tennessee police of “excessive use of force” and “planting contraband" during a domestic assault arrest last year.

video is here
www.break.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Good find. I did a thread called something something, Yessa massa. It seems like the abuses of police are getting more common by the day.

I know there are good ones out there, and they need to quit defending the absolute lousy ones. I almost wrote a thread re: the new three shot tazers, but somewhere along the line lost the flavor for it.

There's a site...??unknownnews.com??? that publishes daily all police 'incidents'; which don't meet the 'serve, and protect' motto. I recommend it.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Wow, just wow...

This sure does not look good for those cops.

I am the first to say that the majority of cops are not crooked. I am also the first to say, that the ones who are, are crooked beyond belief.

As cameras pop up more and more, we are seeing that not only is it catching US in the act, it is also catching law enforcement breaking the law as well.

That is what accounts for the seeming increase in police corruption. I think the amount of corruption has not changed, Just the ability to get caught....

I am going to follow this story and see how it goes. As you know, they are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law... This really does look bad though...

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Without the dashcam this guy would rot in jail forever. How many times they've done this and got away with it?

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
another one???!! cops dont have nothing better do,one of these days(and is bound to happen at this rate),A corrupt cop is gonna tazer a off duty cop from another county for so stupid reason and its going to be all on camera lol what did the girl friend say or do about this?,i know she wanted him arested but did she see that what was happening was not right?

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
It looks like the cop didn't even put the weed in the guy's pocket, never even had to.

And talk about the lack of subtlety! That pig basically said with his eyes 'watch this!'

After searching the guy's pockets a half dozen times, this whole thing reeks to high heaven.

Ain't much worse than a bent cop, I hope he gets destroyed for this, best of luck to the lawyers making the case!

Can you feel the fear? Can you feel the loathing? This whole damn world is on the express elevator to oblivion as this blatant BULL keeps getting ignored!

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Without the dashcam this guy would rot in jail forever. How many times they've done this and got away with it?

Don't you just love it? In this country you are only as innocent as the police officer is honest. Ever notice,that when people are arrested they always throw some petty charge in there that anyone could be found guilty of? That's so you won't turn around and sue them,because you were guilty of that petty offense.

I have seen this a few times before.The planting of dope is far to common. Usually it goes back to something personal between the cops and the potential perp.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
just about every drug conviction by those cops is going to get appealed.

So they might as will fire everyone of those cops because juries will always have doubt in any case involving them.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Oh now. I know some people are just jumping to conclusions.
not.

Every day. Every damn day. Ok, I know that even IF another crooked dirt bag cop is ferreted out every day, that's only 365 of them a year. How many cops ARE there? A whole bunch. Not finding any good answers for that.

My point is that the percentage of bad cops is very, very low. Are we just becoming more aware, or more capable of finding them out, or more bent on making sure they don't get away with it?

Seriously, do you think we will ever be rid of corruption in law enforcement?

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Legalize the drugs. Makes you wonder how often police do this type of thing.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I don't think it's becoming much more common, I think it's a combination between that and higher prevalence of cameras.

On top of any charges the cops receive, what about the cop having the drugs? Surely he must have taken that from someone, so why isn't it evidence? Why is he carrying it around in his chest pocket?? Come on. I am glad that departments are hiring officers with lower and lower IQ, if a cop were too smart he would have never let himself get caught like this.

This is why I tell anyone and everyone to always have a video camera on them, especially when going through a confrontation with police. Theyre expected to be 100% honest, but they are far from it. This isn't a few rotten apples, and this isn't anything new.

As I have said many times in the past, anyone who read "The New Prohibition: Voices of Dissent Challenge the Drug War" written by Law Enforcement Against Prohibition (Leap.org). Police chiefs admit that there's a gangster cop mentality that has been running rampant through department for decades.

These gangster cops go so far as to call "testifying", "testilying". I wish we could some how see the real stats on how many people are behind bars because of, or are behind bars for an extended time thanks to these gangster cops.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I am outright appalled although I am not at all shocked at this sorry excuse for a LEO.

I likewise agree that:

a.) he needs to lose his job
b.) he needs to go directly to Jail, do not pass Go, do not collect $200
c.) both he and the department he represents need to be sued by the victim so that this doesn't happen again at that department.
d.) every arrest that this officer has made that resulted in a Felony Conviction needs to be overturned as it casts Reasonable Doubt under the suspicion of tampering of evidence and false testimony. Some jerk criminals are going to get a Get Out of Jail Free Card for this, but it is far better to let all the guilty go free than to allow one innocent to be incarcerated.

I also agree with the ones that said don't be hating all Cops...just hate the bad ones.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

Not just this cop. Every cop that was on the scene, they all knew exactly what was going on. I am sure after the arrest they all patted eachothers ass and hi-fived eachother. Any officer willing to turn a blind eye is just as guilty as the one who did the crime.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by king9072
Not just this cop. Every cop that was on the scene, they all knew exactly what was going on. I am sure after the arrest they all patted eachothers ass and hi-fived eachother. Any officer willing to turn a blind eye is just as guilty as the one who did the crime.

Agreed. When someone aids and abets a criminal in committing a crime, it is a Felony. Police are not above the law, and the same laws that pertain should pertain to those police who aided and abetted this dirty cop in the planting of evidence and wrongful arrest. All of them that assisted in this crime should be put on trial, especially if none of them reported this to the Sergeant on Duty.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Does anyone have a copy of the actual police report?

I mean, was the guy actually charged with possession? Or was the cop just busting his cojones?

It would seem so much simpler to plant drugs in the guy's car instead of on his person.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
This happens so often that I am no longer stunned anymore.

They train cops to do this in some of the more corrupt departments. It's standard procedure.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Femacamper

They train cops to do this in some of the more corrupt departments. It's standard procedure.

Name one PD where they train cops to do this.

Just one.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Pig needs some bacon off his back!

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Read 'em and weep.

www.copwatch.org...

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
reply to post by Femacamper

Name one PD where they train cops to do this.

Just one.

It's probably not course curriculum, but it would be naive to think that there is not some type street on the job training on how to deal with certain individuals that might perhaps be extralegal. My ex was a bartender at a cop bar and I used to hang with them on occasion.
Oh the stories they would tell when fairly lubricated.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join