It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Hold These Truths...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
While trying to justify my new addiction (yes, I mean ATS) to my girlfriend, she delivered a bombshell.

"So what do these people believe?"

I was dumbfounded. I was openmouthed. I was irritated beyond belief. But then I got to thinking... what the hell *do* these people believe?

So I thought it'd be interesting to see what the common consensus was regarding the mire of conspiracy we all wade in. In that spirit, I would like to present my candidates for

(dun dun daaaaaa)

Stuff Everyone Believes In

- That we are not the only sentient species in the universe.

- That UFOs exist and are of extraterrestrial origin.

- That the further exploration of space should be a priority.

- That some human beings are capable of exhibiting metapsychic traits which are not explainable by orthodox science.

- That the accepted historical record of our planet is incorrect.

- That ATS is the best forum on the net*.

So there we have it. What do you think? Does anyone disagree with these common sense principles? Can anyone think of anything else we *all* agree on? Can we put together some kind of 10-point ATS manifesto?

I look forward to the replies.

* Argh! Sychophantasite infestation detected!

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I know what I firmly believe in. Certain agencies, no such agencies being named, have too much control in invading our privacy, and I very much dislike that idea. More and more it seems the only true protection of our thoughts is where they're made: in our heads.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Nice little 'encryption' trick there Lyriox!

Originally posted by StrangeLands
That UFOs exist and are of extraterrestrial origin.

They could also be of terrestrial origin as a government project - truly unknown origins (which is why they are called UFOs in the first place).

[Edited on 5/10/04 by xenophanes85]

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I have no idea *who* you could be talking about, Lyriox...

And damn. I thought I was being uncontroversial enough, but the "extraterrestrial" thing slipped past. Substitute with:

- UFOs exist.

No one can object to that, surely?

Also, I wondering about the consensus view of certain luminaries in the world of Conspiracy. On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being thoroughly debunked, 10 being utterly convincing), what does everyone made of Bob Lazar? George Adamski? Whitley Strieber? What about Graham Hancock or Robert Bauval's theories about ancient Earth?

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I only believe the first and third points. I mean, UFOs are Unidentified Flyings Objects. We don't know what they are. We can speculate, but we can never be sure.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I think I can safely say that everyone here believes that knowledge is freedom, and censorship of knowledge is control.

Therefore, true freedom only exists in a state where no knowledge is restricted.

So, to make it a "point" on the list:

- The right to have access to all secrets, governmental or otherwise.

new topics

top topics

join